Last question on TH strengths.

It has been a month since I bought my vaping kit (eGo Twist), and the same length of time that I have been having 'TH' weaknesses. I did address this matter, in an earlier thread, and responders did share their opinions on what the problem might have been due to. But no matter what I try, I simply cannot alter the state of things. I do have an issue with a leaking clearomizer, but I do take periodic steps to insure that the little spillage is cleaned up. It had also been suggested that I might have been drawing a little too fast, when vaping. I made certain that I was doing so at a proper rate, but that hasn't changed anything either. Both batteries can be fully charged, yet the same weak TH's (excluding the very first) are experienced. Another thing which had been touched on was the Pg/Vg property values of my juice(s). There isn't anything on either of my bottles to indicate what their values would be, but I don't think that this is the problem, either. I say that because of the fact that my first draw - after powering either unit on - will result in a very good hit. The next draw will be about 50% of the previous TH. the third will be about half of what preceded it, and all the others would offer no TH strengths at all. Oh, I would get vapor - and lots of it. But no throat hits.

Now, if the Pg/Vg values were off from where they should be, it would seem that I shouldn't be able to get strength at all - not even on the first draw. In the month that I have had this thing, there's been no slackening of consistency regarding the described behavior. I don't know if it would be realistic to expect any portable vaping device to yield constant strength throat hits, and that is because I am still relatively new to all of this. But that is what I am going to need, in order for me to put up a worthy battle against analog cigs. I am really hoping that someone, here, might have an answer for me. Whether it would be buying another clearomizer (from another manufacturer) which would fit my battery, or purchasing a whole new device altogether.

Advanced thanks,

Nathan

I will say ,I f your clearo is consistently leaking ,you should replace it . You really shouldnt have it on the battery ,If you know its going to leak. your device is electronic and isnt supposed to get wet .It will definitely short out eventually ; I am not sure what youre trying to accomplish is it throat hit that youre having trouble with ?

If you're getting lots of vapor then I'd be suspicious that your juice is high in VG (vegetable glycerine), and that decreases throat hit. How much nicotine is in your juices? The higher the nic content and/or PG, the harder the throat hit. I've noticed a marked difference when I ordered an 18 mg nic with 70 PG/30 VG juice. The hit was almost too strong for me. Still plenty of vapor but too harsh for what I want. Your Twists are good batteries so I'd go with a different vendor and different juice ratios as well as getting a good delivery device like an Anyvapes Davide clearomizer. It comes with a pyrex glass tank so you can put any kind of juice into it. I'd get 1.5 ohm replacement coils for it, that should also help with throat hit. I get my Davide minis from discountvapers.com

http://www.discountvapers.com/search.php?search_query=Davide&x=0&y=0

^^^this^^

From everything in your OP, you've got to get a clearo that doesnt leak and a juice with a 70/30 min pg/vg at 24mg. You get that, and you'll be there.

Even a juice at 12 or 18 mg of nic provides a good kick if you have the right PG/VG ratio (70 PG/30 VG for example). At least that's what I've experienced. :)

For a newly quit smoker I found 24mg to be where it was at for me. Even 4 months in as of tomorrow I can't really drop to 16 or 18 yet without a serious decrease in satisfaction.

For the first 6 - 8 months I think I stayed with a 24 mg, too. And then I started to cut back a little at a time. Now, the 12 is about perfect for me unless it's a super high stress day. Then, it's back to 24 for a while.

Yeah. For me the 24mg really gave me that kick that I needed in the early days. Anything less than that and I was not a happy camper even at 80/20. But that was the early days.

Now I'm a certified lightweight,lol. I've found I really dont crave that massive throat hit that I so needed only a couple months ago. Now I am totally satisfied with 12mg and plumes of vapor with 50/50. Its funny how my tastrs have changed.

I still, however, will not put up with a bad tasting juice. Gotta be good juice, lol. And after 4 months I have 4 absolute vape all day juices and a couple "passables" that keep me in the game daily. Life is good :-)

If you're getting lots of vapor then I'd be suspicious that your juice is high in VG (vegetable glycerine), and that decreases throat hit. How much nicotine is in your juices? The higher the nic content and/or PG, the harder the throat hit.

http://www.discountvapers.com/search.php?search_query=Davide&x=0&y=0

My USA Tobacco juice (which is just abour depleted, now) is 24mg.

Yes, my vapor amount is quite high. I can blow out from my mouth, a number of times, before the vapor is finished flowing. I will look into that clearomizer you mentioned, and hope that it helps out.

^^^this^^

From everything in your OP, you've got to get a clearo that doesnt leak and a juice with a 70/30 min pg/vg at 24mg. You get that, and you'll be there.

Hi there, Bebop12.

A few hours ago I visited the local vapor lounge, looking for a Davide Clearomizer. They didn't have one of those, but they did have the KangerTech Protank ll. I picked one of those up, and had hoped to be good to go. But I will have to revisit the outlet again, tomorrow. The setting that the seller said was suggested (and what he set it on) did not work. I was drawing nothing but air and, needless to say, vapor was at a real bare minimum. It was only when I increased the voltage setting that I was able to get more vapor. As far as the TH's are concerned, this thing didn't even have a decent hit on the 'first' draw - like with my other clearomizer. Not only that, but this thing is leaking like crazy.

I am blowing clouds of vapor from my pro tank 2 as we speak. Not sure how it could leak unless something is not tightened. Remember everything comes apart and if loose it can leak. Sometimes they loosen in shipping and transit when in the package.

I use 70-30 24mg and get clouds and strong throat hit.

Edited by bcartervol98

Like B said, make sure everything's tightened on snug, but not too tight. I just changed over to my Pro Tank 2, it's on my Vision Spinner 1300 mAh, 50/50 juice at 12 mg nic and blowing out huge clouds of vapor. At 3.8 volts I got "okay" amount of vapor. Cranked it up to 4.0 volts and get huge amounts. I'm going to suggest you take a look at the PG/VG ratio on your juice. What ohm coil is in your Pro Tank? That might also impact how much vapor you're getting for the voltage. A higher ohm rating is going to require higher voltage. Just a thought...