Clearomizer Issue... Hmm

Hello Vapor Talkers!

This question is for the clearomizer users...

When I started almost a year ago, the clearo's I was using were pretty much fill and vape... Didn't need a lot of time to get the wicks saturated and I never got a dry hit. Lately, the past couple new clearo's I've ordered seem to take forever to break in. I let them sit now before i use them but i still get Dry hits, burned wick taste every few hits, one even had a strange oily, plasticky odor straight out of the box. I have to go through a couple tanks before it starts working right. Anyone else having issues?

Thinking about trying some sort of carto....

Vision V3 low resistance (1.8 ohm) On a 1000 mah eGo Pass Through. This batch that I just got today are actually dual coil. Not sure that's what I ordered, but we'll see how it goes. It's just frustrating because it seems that by the time I get it broken in is right around the time it starts to die. Only seemed to start having these problems with the ones I've ordered over the past two months or so. My battery sometimes acts a little funky too, so I'm wondering if it could be time for a new battery. Charge doesn't last as long, and it occasionally shuts off while I'm in the middle of a hit. Maybe the voltage on the battery is going all wonky? I vape pretty much all day and I've had the battery almost a year.

I used to use the Vision clearos and I switched to the EVOD because of the very issues you describe. The nice thing about the EVOD is that the coils are at the bottom of the tank, so wicking isnt an issue. I believe others here have a low opinion of Vision clearos also.

Yeah you could be reaching the end of that battery's life. I read somewhere that a battery can last 300 charging cycles which, once a day puts it at about a year. Not sure on the pass thrus though....

i prefer the Kanger products to a Vision product hands down. I would recommend trying an EVOD or T3S or MT3S. Those three are all very similar to what Vision makes in the Vision Victory. If you want a top feeder you could always go with a kanger T2.

I just filled one that I'll let sit overnight before I try to use it tomorrow. I'm having my doubts about this dual coil business. If the newer visions can't keep up with the juice on one set of wicks, I can't imagine it would be any better with two set of wicks.

Thanks for the quick replies... Love this forum :)

Edited by NorthernGirl

...The nice thing about the EVOD is that the coils are at the bottom of the tank, so wicking isnt an issue...

Another plus is that you can re-coil the EVOD heads yourself so you won't have to keep buying replacement heads. There are tons of videos on YouTube explaining how to do it.