If Gov Regulation of the E-cig Makes it Expensive

What will you do if vaping is made to be expensive thru governmental regulation? If it costs the same to vape as it does to smoke analogs, will you quit?

Will you go underground? Find a way to make your own juice? Make friends with some DIYers?

Will you protest or become politically active?

Will you just pay the price?

Will you build a fallout shelter and stock up on vaping supplies?

How will you handle it when the G-man comes?

I will never go back to analogs. I will *****, moan, complain, and do all the things I did when the DOJ took away 25-30% of my income by shutting down the big online poker sites in the US....adapt or quit. More than likely I will just pay the price and-or learn to do DIY flavoring.

My biggest concerns in all this are

1. No more "non tobacco" flavors

2. No more online sales

Outside of those two concerns, I am not worried about paying a little more or regulation of the industry to keep minors from purchasing, quality control, etc...

I think generally I will pay the price, like gasoline, lol . I too, will never go back to analogs. However I could see myself quitting altogether if it gets crazy. I really don't know if I'd enjoy it if I had to vape tobacco flavors only.

The cost going up is inevitable. I'll play along for a while. Heck, with all the new gear coming and the quick changes and options its already pricey. I mean you can control costs for sure but where's the fun in that, lol. It's almost become a hobby.

And my hobbies tend to become expensive!

Yea it hasnt reached hobby level for me. Its just a tasty healthier way to not smoke cigarettes. I imagine I will quit vaping someday and if they go to tobacco flavors only, ban online sales, then I will most likely start the process of stepping down the nic until I just put them down. Those are the only two things that would make me quit. Availability of flavors i like to vape.

I will never go back to analogs. After switching to vaping I feel so much better now, why would I want to go back? I'd probably pay the price and get into DIY. For some time now I've been thinking about it anyway. :)

I too wouldn't go back...i have already dropped from 18 mg 3 ml a day to around 12 mg 2 ml a day in just 9 days. Weening yourself off nicotine altogether would be the best thing if prices continue to be driven to half as much or more of the cost of analogs. The thing i'm noticing as the # of e cig users hits 15-20% of the nation that is 15-20% less for the state taxes on cigarettes. That is why local/state governments are pushing for more "regulation" aka higher taxes. Greed and money run this country...plain and simple, it doesn't matter how better a choice something is obviously if you have enough money to pay off the FDA or high officials then you can get away with anything. SAD but true and our fore fathers would be disgusted that a government "by the people, for the people" turned into a government of "by the rich, for the rich". People say chase your dreams, but if you have to work 40-60 hours a week to scrape by and are tired afterwards then when do you have the time to chase a dream? or even dream? whats a dream lol? I say everyone get involved politically and get these old rich farts all about greed out of the seats...this country relies too much on the dwindling dollar and less on each other...saddens me.

Also could you imagine if the gov. only let a few corps produce nic liquid like phillip morris or current big tobacco companies? lol in just a few years time you'd start seeing more and more addictive "reinforcement" chemicals being dumped into the now light chemically based nic content. I'd hate to see big tobacco companies and gov. regulated e juice..they'd addict you just the same as cigarettes today just to keep their steady flow of income for years to come. NO MATTER IF it was unhealthy...FDA approved today just means FDA paid off.

Edited by Bradb2014

I can say I vape for the nicotine. If I ever could get down to 0% liquid then I would not deal with the hassle and quit lol. That's just me, I enjoy vaping in the sense it keeps me from smoking but I couldn't see myself continuing to do it if I didn't feel like I needed the nicotine. I am at 24mg and dropping to 18mg makes me feel like I am getting none. Maybe one day I can drop down but for now its all 24mg all the time.

lol

there are always ways around EVERYTHING .Look around nextime youre in a smoke shop buying juice ,those pretty glass items arent really for tobacco use and everyone knows it .they cant ban flavors they can just say juice cant be sold flavor-ed thye will sell it unflavored with a seperate vile of free "kool aid" for you to do with as you please .

i would just flat out quit and put signs all over my yard how the government is BS and can kiss my ___. always trying to tell people what to do, next thing they will tell me when i can take a dump or when to eat. might as well be in prison, have just as many freedoms then, none.

well i just went down to the local vape supply shop and got to talking about it, according to a few government officials (according to the owner of the shop) even if they did pass anything in Oct. it would take 3-5 years to fully implement...so thats a little positive news for newcomers.

well i just went down to the local vape supply shop and got to talking about it, according to a few government officials (according to the owner of the shop) even if they did pass anything in Oct. it would take 3-5 years to fully implement...so thats a little positive news for newcomers.

if we have 3-5 years to stock up it might be alright.

Ohio and Rhode Island both have already vetoed bills to ban it from minors. Why? Because the politicians can't use the "kid card" if they pass that one simple straight forward bill.

The politicians love playing the "kid card", make us Vapers look evil, so they can raise the taxes higher and higher..

But one of these days, the public will wake up and all the politics in the world ain't gonna save the politician's butts.

In the meantime...

Arm yourself with learning how to DIY your own juice, and perhaps your own mods. (there are tutorials everywhere online, just be safe!).

Learn how to build an RBA and an RDA. (it's really simple once you get past the dreaded learning curve).

Stockpile on nic and attys that rock your world. (T3S, Protanks, whatever).

Learn how to stealth vape to the point that zero fog escapes at all.

Buy stealth mods, pens, etc.. that are easy to sneak.

They might ban it so they can raise their taxes and garner some mighty big FINES off us, the can't quit smoking for the life of us folks unless we are vaping. They can kiss my arse.

::: off to dig a survivalist shelter:::

Edited by Uma

I get the feeling this is pretty accurate. I mean, all the things that would have to be taken in to consideration would be pretty overwhelming. You can by pg at the pharmacy and flavoring at the grocery store. How they going to control that? Lock up the bakery section?

And frankly, the majority are going to wonder why the greatest and most successful smoking cessation product will be so heavily protested. It has the potential to be a real eye opener for the common man as regards to gov regulation and FDA authoritarianism.

But aren't most grass roots advances fought heavily out of ignorance?

If the Gov makes it expensive I would still vape. I would not be happy with the costs associated with vaping but in the end I would still vape. Perhaps I will learn how to DIY.

Sooner or later the Gov will have its hands stuck deep in the vaping community. Prior to this happening I would love to see someone in the vape community contact the news and make a story about it to get more information out to the masses on how this is a safer alternative to smoking analogs (would even be better if it were a doctor, famous celebrity, or politician. In my humble opinion nothing will happen unless it deprives the freedom of someone who is a highly regarded public figure.

CASAA helps by organizing data and giving outlines on how/what to talk to your newspapers, politicians, etc. They know the language, they attend public meetings, they do a bunch of work for the vaping communities as a whole. They promote the good, quiet, side of fighting.

There are other grassroots orgs forming for downright battle though. :)

Edited by Uma