BB cloning

Uma

Trying to clone Boba's Bounty? List your experiments here. :)

This list, is stolen from another forum. But, hey, we're all vapers that are on the same quest, so I don't feel bad at all. (and I hope they don't when they discover my dastardly deed). May the first true BB cloner win!

Thread Cloned from ECF:

=========================

Here are the seven (plus a Gorilla Juice) Clone recipes that were tested by at least 14 vapers. The real Boba's was always vaped first and all others were tried against it and never in the same order.

RBA dripping atties were used.

Other important notes,
- not all flavorings were 100% VG
- all bases were 12mg at 100% VG
- 15% flavor to base
- B&M Plus = Ecig Express
- Tobacco Express Captain = Ecig Express
- Black Honey Tobacco = Ecig Express
- Coconut = Capella
- Cotton Candy = LorAnn
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie = Capella
- Cinnamon Danish Swirl = Capella
- Graham Cracker = Capella
- Bannana Nutbread = FlavorArt
- Cherry = Canvape Pro Series?
- Almond Oil = LorAnn
- Sweetner = Ethyl Maltol Crystals in VG
- Steep time one week through to three weeks by end of trial

Boba's Clone #1
Black and Mile Plus 60.0%
Cotton Candy 20.0%
Coconut 20.0%

Boba's Clone #2
Black and Mile Plus 42.9%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl 21.4%
Graham Cracker 21.4%
Coconut 7.1%
Vinegar 7.1%

Boba's Clone #3
Black and Mile Plus 42.9%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl 21.4%
Almond oil 21.4%
Coconut 7.1%
Vinegar 7.1%

Boba's Clone #4
Black and Mile Plus 71.4%
Tobacco Express Captian 14.3%
Coconut 14.3%

Boba's Clone #5
Black and Mile Plus 25.0%
Chocolate Fudge Brownie 25.0%
Coconut 12.5%
Vape Wizard 37.5%

Snuck this one in there to mix the taste buds up 001_smile.gif
Gorilla Juice Clone #6
Black and Mile Plus 30.0%
Black Honey Tobacco 30.0%
Banana Nutbread 30.0%
Sweetener 10.0%

Boba's Clone #7
Black and Mile Plus 40.0%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl 20.0%
Almond oil 20.0%
Coconut 7.1%
Graham Cracker 7.1%
Vinegar 5.8%

Boba's Clone #8
Tobacco Blend (Alc) 25.0%
Almond oil 10.0%
Cherry 15.0%
Graham Cracker 20.0%
Cotton Candy 10.0%

The results for "rate which is most like the orginal" scored in the following order (most to least);

#7, #3, #4, #8, #2 #5, #1, #8

Some comments;
#1 "Tastes more like Bounty Hunter"
#2 "Flat, almost tasteless"
#3 "needs more cinamon"
#4 "not boba's but can I order 100 ml?"
#5 "Yuk"
#6 "I think you messed up, that's Gorilla Juice, no really."
#7 "Don't tell anyone, ssh!"
#8 "Like it better than Boba's"

Edited by Uma

It's been attempted many times, but never duplicated. Though, it would be fun to try!!!

Since they use naturally extracted tobaccos, anyone ever thought that AVE gets their flavor by extracting a pipe tobacco blended by a professional tobacconist??? I mean, they recently ran out of Boba's flavor for two weeks....and it takes about two weeks to steep tobacco in VG to draw out the full flavor. And (from what I've read of this method), a mere 1oz of tobacco will yield about 30ml of extract, which will yield around 150ml of e-liquid.

There are a few stores who specialize in real tobacco. Ahlusion dot us is one.

Someone mentioned that someone has a righteous clone, except better, which means it's not the same thing, BB clone. I can't find the post, but I remember the Vendor or DIY'er had a name that reminded me of a Grumpy Dog.

Blu's Clu's lol. :)

Boba's Clone #8

Tobacco Blend (Alc) 25.0%

Almond oil 10.0%

Cherry 15.0%

Graham Cracker 20.0%

Cotton Candy 10.0%

With regard to number 8, is that TFA's Tobacco Blend?

Ok, so at 15% flavor to base, it would probably be something like this by total volume:

Tobacco Blend(Alc) - 3.75%

Cinnamon Danish Swirl - 3.00%

Almond oil - 1.50%

Cherry - 2.25%

Graham Cracker - 3.00%

Cotton Candy - 1.50%

Are my figures correct? Wonder if I could replicate it using strictly TFA stuff, since that is what I mostly have.

I checked Alien Visions site says they have a supply of boba but have to be fast on the draw when they open up. I want to try it so bad I cant stand it. They open at 8 pst,

@ Uma I will be a test subject if u want to mix but keep in mind I have only tried Alien vapor Bb juice --which I continue to like. It changes for the better as it steeps, my tastebuds r doing fine too - now cig free as ended my affair with the morning cig --

Ok so i bought all the flavors i need for this clone... except one. I didnt buy Black and Mile plus from ecigexpress bc i have way to many orders coming in from different vendors and couldnt justify the shipping for one flavor. So if anyone would like to either donate a bottle of it to the cloning... or purchase one and send it i promise i will make sure they get the first sample after its made and has steeped for 1 week. :)

This was put up there:

" Try the PA Tobacco Absolute (in a 1-2 drops per 10ml dilution). Replace the B&M, Raisin, almond, cinnamon additions ...the TA gives you all these subtle notes (including the sweet honey flavor if you add a small amount of EM)...I'm not kidding.

Just my opinion, but the TA is the primary ingredient that gives Boba's most of its "chameleon" characteristics... by adding all these other flavorings, you are only hitting one particular flavor that pops up now and then in BB, but in mixing them all in, you are in fact muddying up the juice. None of the flavors come through cleanly at one point in time like the original.

I'm not saying that some of these recipes aren't outstanding in their own right (they are), but they are getting away from the basic FOUR INGREDIENTS in Boba's...keep that in mind."

Edited by CJ323

Lol fair enough... but either way... i dont have that tobacco. So if someone wants to chip in for it i will gladly make the clone as soon as the stuff comes in. If not thats fine too but it will have to wait until after school starts for my daughter as i have some back to school shopping to do. :)