General questions

How much quicker does 100% VG liquid clog up your atty? And is that the thing you replace on cartomizers?

I have 3 bottles of 50/50, I'm trying to figure out if I'm allergic to the PG. My stomach has been cramping and kinda gas-y. And I also had a headache for most of the day yesterday. I feel mostly better today, but my stomach is still somewhat uncomfortable. Thoughts?

The liquid I have which is from vape dudes kind of scratches my throat on the exhale. But it doesn't really feel like it "fills" up my lungs even if I get a good hit. Recommendations?

I'm kind of lost an anxious about all of this :(.

I just vaped a bit of fruit tsunami and it's rather harsh actually and kind of fills up my lungs more than the ice ice. I also attempted washing that clearo out yesterday though, to try a different flavor and might have left a bit of water in it, so that could be it. I don't remember it being quite as harsh or lung filling before lol. Could that be the case?

Edited by Grant951

questions.....did you just quit smoking? how long have you been vaping? what nicotine strength are you using? what type of cartomizer/clearomizer are you using? what type of battery?

we'll help you get things sorted out !

A lot of what you describe was my first week after stopping tobacco. I tried to go cold turkey and the cramps, gas, bloating, quesiness, and sick feelings were my detoxing I think. Also the nervousness and anxious almost paranoia. (I used to smoke cigars and inhaled so I was very high nic) Instaed of breathing better for that week it got worse and I went to my Dr. I told him what I was doing and he said to get a 7-11 e-cig to get the nic to ease my withdrawls. He offered patches but I didnt want those.

After going thru maybe 10-15 njoy's I found this place. I have been helped tremendously and now am stable-ish! :D

Go see your Dr. Read the posts and try some things. We will all help and so will I. Just dont go back to tobacco as it will kill you and your family. (and you could go thru this all over again)

I havent been better very long but many here have years!

Sounds like my first couple weeks lol, and my wifes first month or so. It is different, you are not burning a combustible plant matter wrapped in paper and laced with chemicals. It is fairly pure.

I will say I also started with 50-50 because I didnt know the difference, both my wife and I found our satisfaction at a 24mg level nic and a 70%pg-30%vg blend. I would go 80-20 if VapeDudes offered it. That's what I get from Sweet-Vapes and love that mixture.

questions.....did you just quit smoking? how long have you been vaping? what nicotine strength are you using? what type of cartomizer/clearomizer are you using? what type of battery?

we'll help you get things sorted out !

Yes, about a pack a day.

Since last Saturday.

24mg

Ce4

1000mah ego

You might be, but your symptons so far sound like detoxing. You still would be wise to consider a Dr appt to make sure it isnt something else. 100% VG is super thick like sludge and probably would not vape well. I guess you could add distilled water to it.

I am still having changes. my taste buds slowly changing. Getting your nic should help.

PG allergy is actually fairly rare. If you've ever eaten a frosted birthday cake, used sunscreen, an asthma inhaler, or kissed a woman wearing makeup and experienced none of this, you are likely safe from being PG allergic since literally all of those things can/will/do contain PG. The scratchy feeling in the back of the throat could possibly be from how you are dragging on your eCig. In general, with vapor you want to do a long slow drag while drawing into your mouth before a short inhale to the lungs. If you are directly inhaling into your lungs, you're probably going to have a bad time with coughing and scratchy throat. As for your other symptoms, you are likely detoxing from the analog cigarettes. Many have noted diarhea and cramping for a week or two after completely switching from analog to eCigs. Headaches and nausea are actually more likely a sign that you are over vaping or vaping an eLiquid that is higher in nicotine strength than you are used to. I still get this every once in ahwile, but mostly if I get some liquid on my hands and do not wash it off right away.

In the end, stick with it. All of this will pass as you get used to it and as you get a little more experience under your belt with it.

Alright, thank you so much for the answers and opinions :). I got my e cig exactly how you described (the correct way) and is still scratchy on the exhale. Idk. Maybe I just have to get used to it. Is there a way to get the lung filling feeling and lots of visible vapor? I'd love both :).

Alright, thank you so much for the answers and opinions :). I got my e cig exactly how you described (the correct way) and is still scratchy on the exhale. Idk. Maybe I just have to get used to it. Is there a way to get the lung filling feeling and lots of visible vapor? I'd love both :).

It could be as simple as the brand of eLiquid you're using. Unfortunately, they're just not all created equal. The more vapor you inhale into your lungs, the less you'll get on the exhale. But if you get a liquid with a higher VG percentage, you'll get more vapor overall.

some great answers !!

allergy to PG is usually uncontrollable coughing more than anything, but since you just quit smoking....I vote cigarette (tons of chemicals other than nicotine) withdrawal.

When you are using your ecig, do you pull directly into the lungs or mouth then lungs. pulling directly into the lungs will cause a very harsh hit.

Is your battery a variable voltage?

there is a learning curve with vaping and finding the equipment and flavors that work best for you. but I promise....It really is worth it !!

I pull it into my mouth first. I have a 1000 mah battery. Normally the first couple of hits are perfect when I pull out my vape. After that the vapor is like too smooth and doesn't feel like it fills up my lungs. Even on a fresh charge. Is that just me getting used to the vapor after a couple hits or am I vaping wrong?

No, doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. It could be that as you get used to it, the sensation diminishes. are you getting any throat hit?

do you only have the one CE4? If not, have you tried another one? doesn't sound like your battery is the problem. The CE4's aren't too bad, but there are others that are better. For me the CE4's were pretty inconsistent.

I prefer the mini vivi novas, evod, or kanger protank (mini). The minis fit nicer on the egos.

The marketplace is a nice place to browse and shop around.

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/

Yeah, I have two and come to think of it the other one hits better. I'm ditching them tomorrow though and getting some new cartos or clearos from a local vape place :D. Still feeling terrible guys, but I know it'll be worth it in the end. I just hope it's the withdrawals and not the e cigm

it really does sound like withdraw. I haven't heard of anybody with those complaints other than related to withdrawal. If it continues, you can always try 100%VG and see if that helps. PG is in thousands of products we use everyday from food to medicine.

Nicotine is the least of the withdrawal process....cigarettes contain so many additives to keep the addiction going....coming off of them is the hard part.

Vaping really is worth it !!! you will feel better soon. :yes

I hear a lot about allergy to PG and I would think of one were allergic to PG, vaping would not be where it would be discovered given its proliferation in products we use every day.

I remember my first few weeks of vaping. I mean, I was excited to quit but it was rough. So many changes and moods. It took a while for it to settle out. But it did settle out. My wife had a rougher time than me. Sore throat, headaches, nausea. We made it. But it wasnt a picnic thats for sure

Had minimal cramping and other side effects today. I actually felt pretty good overall. I also went to a local e cig store and got some juice and a vivi nova. I got "rad bull" and a honey tobacco flavor that tastes kind of like a clove cigarette. I know I've seen rad bull somewhere online, doctor guys know who carries it? I didn't enjoy paying $10 for a 10ml bottle lol.

Yeah man, for sure. I also got a vivi nova 3ml :D. It makes the ce4s that came with my kit look like a joke. The only thing I don't like so far is the tip. I really liked the tip on the ce4s. I don't think I can use them with it because it doesn't appear to be threaded :/