T3S vs T2 (Ego CC Longwick) full comparison

Looking at that picture you are very organized, for a man :innocent:

I will have to post a pic of my "tackle box" lol. I found one that has a big bottom that will hold the 10-15 100ml bottles I have, and a shelf for T2s and multiple ohm coils, a shelf for T3S and replacement coils, one for batteries, and one I havent filled yet. I get spastic if something ends up on the wrong shelf lol.

If you look at the EDC thread I posted a pic of my case and everything in there is also full, thats 6 clearos plus a protank and a un punched carto ready to vape as soon as I place them on a battery.

The other night my wife said "I cleaned up"

She emerged with a serving tray, round with vertical edges and a doily. On it were a collection of all the random juices we have around the room. It was getting bad. We had little bottles stashed everywhere. Some of them had been steeping in a drawer. It was cute as heck.

My night stand drawer looks like a medicine chest.

Actualy it was fun. I pulled out a dripper and we tasted a lot of juices we hadnt seen for a while. Honestly, I was surprised. A couple of them were actually pretty good. Most of them were just as awful as the day we cracked them open.

But the doily was a kicker

I forgot to mention that I think that tool box is a good idea for you guys to keep your stuff in. Better then the makeup bag idea, which is a way better idea for us girls. :)

I have a pink cake decorating box from michaels ........its a tackle box :queen: but pink and as a bonus you can put mouth pieces where you would put "tips" that go on a piping bag ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2109-859-50-Piece-Caddy-Decorating/dp/B00004S7YU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375135144&sr=8-4&keywords=wilton+decorating+kits

Edited by Christie

I was totally in love with my T3S. I changed out the heads for the first time today. I now get lots of "gurgling". I tried blowing it out, but that seems to only be a temporary fix. I'll try putting on a different new head.

I was totally in love with my T3S. I changed out the heads for the first time today. I now get lots of "gurgling". I tried blowing it out, but that seems to only be a temporary fix. I'll try putting on a different new head.

I have had a couple bad heads, and if it is gurgling I have learned "blowing it out" is literally that. The 2.2ohm coils are much better, but the 1.8ohms seem to have some bad apples in the mix. I blew out a half a tank of liquid trying to fix one. Thats part of the maintenance I am talking about and the choice everyone has to make. Between these two the T2 never leaks and is the easiest clearo on the market to fill, but only the top half of the liquid tastes like it is supposed to and gets muted below that level. The T3S has coils that are more "touchy" and a little inconsistent and once they leak, I replace them. I have had a couple leak right out of the pack, but all were 1.8ohm I have changed all 10 of mine to 2.2 ohm and leaking is very minimal if at all and the entire tank tastes the same from the first draw till the last. It all depends on what you like. I am convinced that on the $5 range clearo-tanks these two are the best two on the market.

And I am not a "fix it" guy. I am sure there are solutions and tutorials how to add flavor wicks and such, but for me, if it doesnt work out of the box I am going to replace it or quit using it. I am satisfied with the performance of the T3s. I have only used them since I got them, but am unsure enough to have all 3 of my go to flavors in T2s in my case as well "just in case" and I always have 3 coils in my case as well for an on the fly change.

And I am not a "fix it" guy. I am sure there are solutions and tutorials how to add flavor wicks and such, but for me, if it doesnt work out of the box I am going to replace it or quit using it. I am satisfied with the performance of the T3s. I have only used them since I got them, but am unsure enough to have all 3 of my go to flavors in T2s in my case as well "just in case" and I always have 3 coils in my case as well for an on the fly change.

I changed the head and it seems fine now. The original heads were stamped 2.5. This is my first time changing heads since I received my T3S. The new heads are 2.2. ...maybe just a dud.

I'm not really a fix it guy either.

About 6 of the 10 coils that came with mine were duds and leaked. Having much better luck with replacement with 2.2ohm replacements none leaking with 10 in action.

100% disclosure my wife made the decision to switch back to T2s. She takes such hard draws she blows heads quickly and I think literally sucks the liquid through the coil and blows them quicker than she does the T2s. They are almost equal in my opinion, I just prefer the T3S and she prefers the T2. I could interchange and not have any issue but my favorite all day flavor doesn't wick well in the T2 and my OCD makes me pick one or the other.

Update

I feel like I need to add to this that the maintenance required to keep these T3S vaping is growing old. For some reason they are all of a sudden flooding and if not flooding they are not making consistent contact with the battery. Tried new bases but half of them I have tried had damaged threads and wouldn't screw down to the battery. I have gone through 14 coils in less than a month in just 5 different tanks.

I love the taste and vapor production of the T3S over the T2, but its so marginal the "bulletproof" nature of the T2 may cause me to switch back. This after I had 2-3 of my T3S give me problems area water park yesterday and had to use one of my backup T2s that had been sitting in my case over a month with liquid in it. It saved the day. At the very least I will have filled T2s of my ADVs in my case at all times. When a T3S coil is bad or done, it doesn't drop off in performance it just doesn't work and floods badly.

My wife prefers the T2, and the longer I use the T3S the more they get on my nerves lol. As I said in my update it is a double edged sword. I get better flavor and vapor production out of the T3S than the T2 but the T3S is very high maintenance where the T2 is about as user friendly and tough-leak free as they get. I have had several faulty coils with the T3S and some flooding issues I never have had with the T2. I have actually switched back to the T2 for a couple flavors, but tonight I hope the Davide Glassomizers change that since I only enjoy the top half of a tank in the T2. With the T3S the flavor stays the same all the way from top to bottom except for the one troublesome flavor I have.

I know you guys dont use rebuildables yet and maybe you never will but the T3S while is HIGHER maintenance then the T2's ... It isnt exactly a HIGH MAINTENANCE device. I just dont want it to scare someone from trying it because they think its going to be a terrible hard device to take care of.

I know you guys dont use rebuildables yet and maybe you never will but the T3S while is HIGHER maintenance then the T2's ... It isnt exactly a HIGH MAINTENANCE device. I just dont want it to scare someone from trying it because they think its going to be a terrible hard device to take care of.

No I dont either. By high maintenance I mean coils last a lot less time in the T3S than the T2, but they cost half as much so its a wash. Sometimes the T3S will flood and require either a new coil or an advanced move of adding a wick to it. It is a huge plus that the T3S coils are super easy to change even with a full tank and only cost about $1. There are a ton of positives, but if I were recommending a tank for a beginner it would be the T2 over the T3S. Like I said the T2 is just a more "consistent" performer than the T3S but the T3S delivers better vapor and flavor. I have found different liquids also make a difference even with the same PG and VG %'s. I have a coil in my Spearmint tank that is almost 4 weeks old and still kicking, but I have changed the coil in my Strawberry tank about every other fill because it doesnt wick as well (probably 8-9 times in the last month).

Again all the above is "in my experience" as everyone has things they like and do not like. I am just treating this thread like a blog almost. Hands down these are the best 2 clearomizers I have used. Each has its pluses and minuses.

I think in the end I will have different tanks-clearos I use with different flavors. Some work better in the T3S and some better in the T2.

I just have a sneaky suspicion when I get these Davide Glassomizers on there and my KPT2 comes in both the T2 and T3S will become my backups as I really only have found 3 flavors I truly like out of well over 50 tried.

Edited by bcartervol98

well thats true b i just dont want someone to order one then find this review and go, "Holy crap I'm screwed!!!". you know what i mean?

i know exactly what you mean, but on the same token I wouldnt want someone to order something based on my review if I am not completely honest with full disclosure. Its a catch 22. I am setting up a good friend a kit out of my chargers and extra batteries and I am giving them 2 T2s and 2 T3S's to see what they like and let them go from there. I still have everything in T3S's in my case except Strawberry Fields and I just got tired of replacing coils every other time I filled the tank. That's not the tank or the coils fault, it just doesn't wick well.

Edit to add if Strawberry Fields wasnt my favorite flavor by a mile, I would probably not have ordered the Davides nor the KPT2. Its all in a quest to find a tank that can handle it lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

Not only that, both the T2 and T3S are far superior to anything else I have tried and , imo, Kanger is vastly superior to Vision in about every category.

I had a T2 and T3S in my case for almost a month and neither had been touched. They had been tossed around, thrown around the boat, in my wifes purse, in my pocket, and neither had leaked a drop and both fired up like I had just filled them. Anything I have ever had "Vision" brand would have gurgled and not fired after that amount of time. The Kangers are just a lot tougher built and the only time either unit has leaked was when the coil was gone or faulty.

I had aluminum mouth pieces on a couple t2's due to having broken one of the plastic ones from over tightening. They are in the trash now, after a few days they really changed the taste of a couple of my favorite fluids.

• 3 weeks later...

At this point, I can no longer recommend the T3S based on my experiences overall. It has a great design and look, worked great for a while. When I switched to glass my wife and I both had a case full of full T2s and T3S's which ended up sitting on the bar for the last month or so since we switched to all glass. She emptied here glass tanks of all her mint flavors and I didnt feel like filling tanks as soon as we got home from the lake so I told her to grab one of the old clearos and puff on it until I could fill tanks after we ate dinner. Out of 8 T3S's that were sitting there filled, not one would fire. On the other hand, every T2 fired like I just filled it.

It takes time to get to know a product and while at first I LOVED the T3S at this point I feel remiss to not add this to my reviews. I am going to be making the T3S an extreme backup and may send them to someone that wants them.

I am only using Davide Minis and KPT2 from here on out, but I always have a backup plan and as of right now for me it will be the T2 which, in my opinion, is the lowest maintenance hassle free plastic clearo on the market today.

I have a pink cake decorating box from michaels ........its a tackle box :queen: but pink and as a bonus you can put mouth pieces where you would put "tips" that go on a piping bag ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2109-859-50-Piece-Caddy-Decorating/dp/B00004S7YU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375135144&sr=8-4&keywords=wilton+decorating+kits

Would those round places be big enough to hold 50 ml bottles of juice. That thing is really cool.

It takes time to get to know a product and while at first I LOVED the T3S at this point I feel remiss to not add this to my reviews. I am going to be making the T3S an extreme backup and may send them to someone that wants them.

I think that you were right on with your original review. I purchased my 2 T3Ss based on it. I still love them! I had problems with the original coil heads that came with them, but changed the heads and now everything is perfect. I'm getting ready to purchase a few more. I'd be happy to take them off your hands. PM me with how much you are looking to get for them. It's a win, win!

• 1 year later...

I have a preference for the t3s. I also have KPT2 tanks both mini and full size. The t3s seems to work better but they are plastic and some of my juices don't work well in them. I have never had a t2. My t3s rarely leak. I rebuild my coils so that might have something to do with it. I guess everybody has different preferences. I just know what works for me.