'Non-sweet' recomendations?

Spending my first full day vaping. Ordered a 10 pak sampler from Aquavapor with my kit. When I first received it, I put in the 'Regular' tobacco juice and thought it was pretty good. Now that I've been using it during the day, I'm getting sick of the 'sweetness'.

Is this sweetness going to be inherent of all juices, or can I get away from it? I expect it with sweet 'flavors', but not tobacco.

Hopefully there's an option, because I can't handle 'sweet' all the time.......or even 'most' of the time.

is your liquid PG, VG or a combo? VG liquids are sweeter than PG. Not much help with which vendors sell less sweet liquids, but I am sure somebody will be along with a better answer.

Had the same problem in the beginning, couldnt find a good replacement for American Spirit Blacks, they all seemed sweet or smelled like old socks, as one of our compadres called it.. Try a 555. I don't care for tabac flavors anymore, but I'm usng up what I have by mixing flavors, coconut works great for me, but also remember your taste buds are out of wack from analogs, and what tastes good today is gonna be nasty in a month...Good Luck!

is your liquid PG, VG or a combo? VG liquids are sweeter than PG. Not much help with which vendors sell less sweet liquids, but I am sure somebody will be along with a better answer.

Right you are Kit, I checked, and I had ordered the 'vg' regular. Live and learn.

Had the same problem in the beginning, couldnt find a good replacement for American Spirit Blacks, they all seemed sweet or smelled like old socks, as one of our compadres called it.. Try a 555. I don't care for tabac flavors anymore, but I'm usng up what I have by mixing flavors, coconut works great for me, but also remember your taste buds are out of wack from analogs, and what tastes good today is gonna be nasty in a month...Good Luck!

Thanks Troy, I will be ordering another sample pack of 11MG or 0MG juices to tone down my original 24mg order. I'll try some 555.

Lots and trial and error with vaping. at least you now know, VG isn't your thing (right now anyway). Like Aquatroy said, your tastebuds will change, finding the right flavors is always a challenge. a smaller amount of VG (10%) isn't so sweet, but does add the the Vapor production.

I don't like too sweet either. Clouds of vape has me hooked on caramel cream. Awesome!!! U mite wanna try e-six flavers. Maple or cherry select is awesome too

Like Kitsune said, vaping is very trial and error -- especially with e-liquids. It's such a personal preference thing. You might want to order your liquid from a vendor that allows you to customize...well, everything. From PG/VG percentages to nicotine levels to added flavorings, etc.

Aaaand, like Troy said, your tastebuds are going through a change and will continue to do so as you vape longer and stay off the analogs. You'll be surprised to find what tastes good to you down the line. :)

Well... the 555 I've tried is still a little on the sweet side. Kind of like a mix of tobbacco, caramel, and some kind of nuts. If you want something that has no sweetness at all, go for a tobacco flavor that describes itself as SPICY. Clove is usually a great bet for this. :)

Well... the 555 I've tried is still a little on the sweet side. Kind of like a mix of tobbacco, caramel, and some kind of nuts. If you want something that has no sweetness at all, go for a tobacco flavor that describes itself as SPICY. Clove is usually a great bet for this. :)

Thanks Ladybug. Since I started this thread, I received the bottle of juice that Aquavapor failed to included in my kit. Fortunately it was 'non-vg' regular which is much better to me.

A ratio of 60/40 or 70/30 pg to vg, for me, is the right balance to give the vapor a little "kick". Too much vg and its kind of soft and light. Too much pg and it can be kind of harsh. I find higher nicotine levels also suppress a lot of sweetness but don't bump up the nicotine just for that sake. It takes a bit of trying variations to find your sweet spot.