Starter Kit Questions

bcartervol98

I see a LOT of posts in this forum about "What do I need to get started" and things like that. People that started with BLU and others that find it is not very affordable and battery life is awful etc... I thought I would post a pic and description of my kit that never leaves my side these days, costs, and such. Maybe it will help someone else, maybe not. Either way I am bored at work so here it is lol.

First I bought a starter kit from VapeDudes but they are available everywhere for similar prices. The kit contained the two smaller EgoT 1000mah batteries shown below, 2 CE4 clearomizers (I use T2s now and that is what is pictured), 3 10ml bottles of liquid, and all charging accessories. I get over 24 hours out of each batter per charge if I am using one exclusively. They run about 3.5v and hold full power the entire cycle from full charge to blinking that they need to be charged.

Cost $38.99

Then I ordered two Vision Spinner 1300MAH batteries to be able to experience variable voltage. They are more affordable than one would think that is using a pharmacy-mall kit. I get 30-36hours out of one charge if using them solely, but usually I have two in action at the same time. I like the way some taste better on the smaller batteries from my started kit and some at higher voltages on the Spinner.

Cost $24.95 x 2 = $49.90

The T2 clearomizer, made by Kanger, also called the Ego CC Longwick Clearomizer is my favorits clearo. It holds 2.4ml (more than the mini nova at half the cost), is super easy to fill because the coil head sticks well above the rim of the tank making it virtually impossible to get liquid where it shouldn't be. Great vapor and throat hit too and they never leak, at least in my experience. The only minor downside is you have to check the coils tightness each time you take off the lid because it fits so tightly onto the top of the coil. Usually mine unscrew a small amount each time I refill. Oh replacement coils are about $2 and I find depending on the liquid and voltage they last 2-3 weeks on average.

Cost: $4.39 x 5 = $21.95

The extra large Ego case is a must for me, it fits in my pocket, and makes everything extremely mobile.

Cost $11.95

Total cost of everything pictured is around $120. I would also always have a second charger and wall adapter (About $10). I mean, that is about the same cost as 2.5 cartons of analogs and outside of liquids and coil head replacements this will last me approximately 2.5 years if its all I use (using the 300 charge cycle battery life average). I have estimated the cost of the liquids I use to be a cost of about .50 cents per ml and I go through about 2ml a day. Thats $1 a day for liquid and about $2 every few weeks for replacement coils.

Just thought this might help some noobs, like I was oh not so long ago. I try and absorb myself in things I do and learn everything about them. Anyway this is my set up, glad to answer any questions you may have. I so appreciate all the advice I got here and want to pay back any way I can.

95710202_zpsd7126535.jpg

So, as long as you replace the coil, you can use the clearomizers for quite a while yes? Just trying to fill in the knowledge gaps before I make a purchase.

Yes on the T2 I use, like many others, you change the coils and the tanks last quite a while. I havent been doing it long enough to know how long the hardware will last, but I have some I have changed the coil 2-3 times and they still vape beautifully.

I also tend to be the "king of excess" as my wife puts it, so I ordered 20 of the T2s just to never run out now that I have found that is the delivery system I personally like the best for the category it is in. I cannot see, and have not been given a reason I see as legitimate, to buy the $10-$15 tanks when the T2s do what I need them to do at a fraction of the cost. I use them until the coil goes bad, and this is from 1-3 weeks depending on use. I usually have 4 or 5 in my case at all times and they all get different levels of "playing time". Once it needs to be replaced, I will grab one I have cleaned from another use, install a coil, and replace it. Then the old one gets the bad coil removed and thrown away, soaked in alcohol overnight, set up to dry a couple days, then goes back into the case for future use.

Everyone likes different things, but these are a great way to start and then branch out and find out if something else works better for you. I started out using Vision CE4s but they leaked, were a little difficult to fill, and are one piece. Once the coil is gone, its gone, and you throw it away and start over. I find the T2 all around to be what I like best of the things I have tried.

Interesting. How do you know when the coil is bad? No vapor? And do you get the replacements from the same retailer as the T2s? This thread has been INCREDIBLY helpful by the way. Thank you for this.

Yes. I get all my accessories and batteries from Brian at The Veteran Vaper. He is also a member of the Marketplace here. The T2 is also called the Ego CC longwick Clearomizer. There is a med and short wick version but I prefer the longwicks as a whole. The replacement coils are $2 if you buy 10 or more, and the T2 comes standard with a 1.8ohm coil.

The way I tell is taste. Once a coil is gone the liquid will start to have a burned taste, and sometimes will get very dark. It happens when the heating element that heats the wick finally scorches the wick and once that happens it is done. Some people rebuild them, and that is an option, but for me and for $2 I chunk em and replace.

I just set my mom up with an 1100mah spinner and KT2 tank as her first vapor kit.

She didn't have to have a spinner, but for the extra costs were low enough that it will eventually come in handy if and when she wants or needs more power. But I had to explain to her to leave the voltage alone for now.

The T2 tanks are great deals and reliable too boot.

I too started out with Blu e-cigs and hatedddddddddddd them, even more so when I bought a friend the $60 kit that lasted 2 months before it was junked.

I'm very OCD when it comes to my toys, IT wasn't my goal to stop smoking so vaping was for my enjoyment only. But once I started 3 weeks ago with my first real vaping setup I haven't dipped Copenhagen snuff since that weekend and I used that for 30 years now.

24mg ejuice is no joke nicotine wise.

Back to ocd issues, I'd bet I've dropped $250 in 3 weeks just in vaping setups. But $60 could have done the job had I had the ability to not want to buy and try everything I saw.

For me the Vamo V2 and Kanger Protank are pure nirvana to vape with. Even tho I'm a noob here too, I learn and spend fast also.

As I get farther the more I want a mod. The mini Provari has my attention lol. Just need to research a bit more before going there. I would still use my Spinners and basic Ego threaded batteries a lot I'm sure but I'm itching to get something new too. There are Kanger Pros in my future too as soon as the mini becomes available.

I have one corner..... of one eye.....on an e-Vic. Dare I even think about it? Its not like i'm unsatisfied. It's more like getting a new guitar when you don't *need* a new guitar.

But i have noticed even the pros around here carry a travelling setup. And one guy I know who has all kinds of mods loves the little joyetec "blu cig" because he can let it hang from his mouth hands free while he drives, lol (he drives a stick)

As I get farther the more I want a mod.
HA!!!! Knew you'd cave sooner or later.... :lol: Personally, I never got the hang of Variable Volt devices. Variable Watt devices make a bit more sense. But, I like to tinker, and I love saving $$$ So, $120 got me this, two batteries, a charger, and enough supplies to never run out of coil and wick for at least two years: post-18408-137274615679_thumb.jpg Now all I have to worry about is buying juice, and blowing clouds of vapor!!! post-18408-137274627575_thumb.jpg Edited by CascadianExotics

i actually have spent a ton more then i probably should have in the last 3 weeks but i am overall satisfied with my purchase especially since i found out the batteries i bought actually have both types of threading for universal use.

i bought 2 V-Cignatures from a local store here in akron ohio and they came with a charger and two full E-Cigs. I spent about 130 for the start up but its been a MUCH better experience then the cheap gas station e-cigs/ disposable e-cigs.

I am however looking to get a cheaper set up for the atomizers that i have since the replacements for these are $10 a pop and i can stand washing these stupid things every week and having to use a syringe to get enough blow back through them to clear out all the water.

so if anyone happens to have a suggestion im all ears!

I have a 900mah non-spinner and an 1100mah spinner for outside the house travel when I need a portable setup.

I'd recommend either to a new person to vaping, just don't use the variable voltage on the spinner until you know 100% how to use it correctly.

It is hard and expensive to use and own a cigarette sized vapor device that works well, its one reason my portable setup is the size of a sharpie. And dare I say that the better vaping devices taste better and work better than most could imagine.

I'm more addicted to vaping than I ever was using Copenhagen snuff. And its many times more enjoyable.

I've tried a couple disposable clear tanks that were 808 sized and the pull was very tight, but the taste was plastic like and the foav9rs were way off. But many people here seem to like 808 sized cartomisers much better, hopefully I stated that right accuracy wise

One mistake I bought was an E-Power 18650 mechanical mod for my first battery device, its weak power wise and let's just say its not defective but it may as well be. My 900mah non spinner works much better in the power department and gives strong vapes in comparison. So you don't have to spend a fortune to get a good quality setup that even experienced vapers still use and own.

What I like is you can go basic and get quality stuff for reasonable prices or blow some extra money and later see what higher end vaping is about. Your only limit is your imagination and wallet.

i actually have spent a ton more then i probably should have in the last 3 weeks but i am overall satisfied with my purchase especially since i found out the batteries i bought actually have both types of threading for universal use.

i bought 2 V-Cignatures from a local store here in akron ohio and they came with a charger and two full E-Cigs. I spent about 130 for the start up but its been a MUCH better experience then the cheap gas station e-cigs/ disposable e-cigs.

I am however looking to get a cheaper set up for the atomizers that i have since the replacements for these are $10 a pop and i can stand washing these stupid things every week and having to use a syringe to get enough blow back through them to clear out all the water.

so if anyone happens to have a suggestion im all ears!

See original post.

Yes, well I got them from The Veteran Vaper who is a member of the Vapor Talk Marketplace. They are $4.39 each and replacement coils are $2 if you buy 10 or more which I always do. This affords me to keep several extras for my switchout ritual. I call them T2s but they are also called Ego CC Longwick Clearomizers and are manufactured by Kanger. So far I have tried several and these are the best hands down. I am very hard on my stuff. I am a boater and they have been dropped, rolled off a table, stored in my pocket, and even in my pocket when I slept and have never detected one drop of a leak. Easy to fill, holds 2.4ml (same as Kanger Pro Tank and Mini Nova tanks), cheap coil replacements, and overall the only thing I use at this point.

I am hard on them too since I work in a factory so the environment isn't exactly nice to anything lol. I will get in contact with him then. I am picking up a third cig for a loner and I will make sure I have plenty of the coils and clearos on hand. Thanks! And where did you get your carrying case? I have looked for them... But I can't find any.

I am hard on them too since I work in a factory so the environment isn't exactly nice to anything lol. I will get in contact with him then. I am picking up a third cig for a loner and I will make sure I have plenty of the coils and clearos on hand. Thanks! And where did you get your carrying case? I have looked for them... But I can't find any.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-case-medium-black/

This is a better deal than I got as I got to know Brian at The Veteran Vaper after I had ordered my case for $12

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-case-medium-black/

• 3 weeks later...

Bump due to the large amount of starter kit questions lately and also to add the T3S has now joined the T2 as my clearomizer of choice. I will use them both, but love the T3S bottomcoil style. My liquid tastes the same from top to bottom, no wicks to keep wet on the top. Full comparison and review in E-Cig forum.