I been looking online for attys that are good for direct dripping but no website seems to include if the attys they sell are "compatible"for direct dripping. Reason I want to direct drip is so I can change flavors at any given time without having to clean out my clearomizers. Who has input on this?

All atomizers are "compatible" with direct dripping, but not all atomizers are compatible with your battery. You can get adapters for them, though.

That said, if you're using an eGo type of battery or Vision Spinners, the 510 (not the 510-T because that's different from what you're wanting), 901s and 306s will fit without having to get an adapter. Since you're just starting out I would recommend you go with a 510 atty.

You can change flavors but I would also suggest that you go with one type of flavor per atomizer. Fruit flavors in one, bakery flavors in another, stronger flavors like coffee in still another different atty. Each flavor will linger for a while even after you put a different flavor in, which is why, although you can change flavors much easier than when using a clearomizer, you don't want to taste something like coffee, blueberry cheese cake, menthol tobacco, peanut butter all at the same time...or maybe you might like it. :D

Yes I am using a ego c-twist battery. So what I'm understanding is to buy a 510 atty. What it's this wide bridge atty I read about? Rba rebuildable atty why use those when some atty are dirt cheap?

Yes I am using a ego c-twist battery. So what I'm understanding is to buy a 510 atty. What it's this wide bridge atty I read about? Rba rebuildable atty why use those when some atty are dirt cheap?

Some atomizers have bridges, some of them are wider than others while some don't have bridges at all (bridgeless). I think it's just a matter of personal preference. I started out with Joytech 510 1.8 ohm atomizers. You can get those from the Vapor Talk Market here at a very reasonable price. RBA stands for ReBuildable Atomizers, these are ones you can rebuild. Not something I'd recommend to a new vapor, however. Maybe later when you're more used to direct dripping?

When you get the atomizer, you'll notice an oily liquid inside the package/bag it comes in. Take the atty out, wipe it down, blow into the opening (make sure you put a tissue lightly over the end that screws into the battery), and you'll get some liquid out. I always do this to get the liquid out -- I think it's just VG to keep things from drying out too much -- and then I put some tissue into the atty for a while so it soaks up the rest. Then, once that's done I put it on the battery, and the first time out you'll need between four and six drops of juice, wait 30 seconds for it to prime and vape. You'll get around four draws the first time around before you need more liquid. You'll taste a metallic, icky flavor that's the indicator you need more juice. Then, put in about 2 - 3 more drops and vape. Once I get past the first time, I usually only use two drops at a time after. :)

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/joye-510-atomizer-clone.html

There. I'd go with the regular resistence, that's usually around 2.0 - 2.2 ohm if I remember correctly. The 1.5 ohm runs much hotter.

I agree with Tams info !!

The only but......The 901's are not compatible with 510 unless you have an adapter (unless they have changed since I used them a few years ago)

510's and 306 are my choices. I prefer the LR (Lower resistence), but its good to try the different resistances to see what you like.

The 306's need a 306 drip tip...I prefer the 306 XL drip tips (longer tip, bit of a cooler hit when using the lower resistance ).

I like the 306 for trying new flavors, much easier to clean in between flavors, just remove the drip tip and soak up excess liquid with a kleenex or paper towel...I also remove the wick fibers placed in the metal bridge. wick fibers are also found in the 510 atomizers.

Heads up....if you go 306, it comes shiped with a blank cartridge that needs to be removed and then replaced with the drip tip.

I went and got a 510 to 901 adapter just to try out those 901 atties and I liked them very much. Removing wick fibers and removing the bridge has some advantages but I don't know that I could explain that correctly.

I've removed bridges and wicks before, Mike. And I did it successfully, much to my surprise. :lol:

While I see the advantages of removing the bridge, I'm very curious what the difference would be in removing the wicks. *runs to get tweezers to experiment on wick removal*

@ Tam.....

The wick can easily lead to burning flavor. Originally the wick was designed to be used with the old poly fill/cartridges....the wick would held move the liquid from the cartridge to the heating element. With dripping the wick is obsolete. It just holds on to old favors and gets gunked up. If I don't always remove the bridge, but I do always remove the wick.

Clear as mud?

Edited by kitsune

@ Tam.....

The wick can easily lead to burning flavor. Originally the wick was designed to be used with the old poly fill/cartridges....the wick would held move the liquid from the cartridge to the heating element. With dripping the wick is obsolete. It just holds on to old favors and gets gunked up. If I don't always remove the bridge, but I do always remove the wick.

Clear as mud?

Um...sort of. :D

There's a tiny bit of wick inside the bridgeless atomizer, do you remove that, too?

I use the 510 SR atty with my twists, and find it quite pleasing and reasonably priced.I think my sweet spot is right around 4 with most juices.. I also have a handful of 306s in 1.5 and 1.7's While the 1.5 is too cool of a hit for my taste I think the the 1.7 is a better fit, but again this is probably personal preference. As I mentioned to you previously, I think that once you grab yourself an atty, you will likely become obsessed and find that you use your tanks less and less, at least thats what happened to me.