What tank do you use and why?

I am relatively new here and I'm still experimenting heavily. I have been off analogs completely for 6 weeks now and it's amazing.

I started with an eGo C set up with a cartomizer which was a fine start and got me off the analogs. Then I switched to the iclear 16 which gave me better performance and I loved that but I had some minor problems with the quality. I tried a T3 tank which was pretty close to disastrous as I had leak problems and taste issues that I couldn't really get over. Then a friend recommended the T2 and I have reached a plateau now that I am VERY happy with. Short wick and 2.0 res atomizer. I have been very happy with my Joyetec eGo batteries that have been solid performers , one a variable.

I'm really happy with T2. Great vape, great flow and taste. And I love the "pull". Very natural. My whole game now is finding the right juices. Nowhere have I found more inconsistency than in the juices themselves. Still searching for that right combination of pg/vg and nic. All in all though, I couldn't be happier that I'm finally off the analogs. 6 weeks and counting. All is good

I use different tank for different e juices flavours. I like to use CE4 for fruit flavours. The T2, T3 and MT3s with my cinnamon, cherry and caramel mocha flavors. With use of different tank with different flavours, I can easily smoke e cigs.

Picked up a Kanger pro tank today, popped on the Tesla, very airy

I am thinking about purchasing a ProTank...when you say airy....good or bad? I have been using the intial set-up Ego-C gave me for the past 4-5 months and am finally wanting to step out of the basics....

Now that I've read this post...are T3's (do you all mean Kangers?)...Vivi's ( i thought they dry-hit?) or EVOD's better? I usually vape Dessert, or fruity flavors...This is all turning crypt to me.

Sia once you get the jargon you are golden lol. Kanger and Vision are two separate companies that manufacture e-cig hardware. Vision makes the Vivi Nova, Mini Nova, CE4, CE5, V2, V3, Stardust (some of these are same things called different names) and Kanger makes the Pro Tank, T2, T3, and I am sure others. I have a couple T2s from Kanger that are very airy, but a piece of tape over one of the holes and it becomes usable even though now that they make the T3 the heads for the T2 are very hard to find.

I have not used a tank, but for my money I am a big Vision fan and use them almost exclusively right now.

Sia once you get the jargon you are golden lol. Kanger and Vision are two separate companies that manufacture e-cig hardware. Vision makes the Vivi Nova, Mini Nova, CE4, CE5, V2, V3, Stardust (some of these are same things called different names) and Kanger makes the Pro Tank, T2, T3, and I am sure others. I have a couple T2s from Kanger that are very airy, but a piece of tape over one of the holes and it becomes usable even though now that they make the T3 the heads for the T2 are very hard to find.

I have not used a tank, but for my money I am a big Vision fan and use them almost exclusively right now.

I know, I am just about to but an order in and unsure...I was looking at these...

Mini Vi:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1368&category_id=44

Kanger Evod:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1671&category_id=46

but she mentions:

"Connection: eGo (threads on the outside ego threads only, a 510-ego adapter will convert 510 devices)"

Does this mean it won't fit my Ego-C changeable system, will I need a converter? I think I over read and analyzed her second sentence. :X

V2 Ego Clearomiser:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1156&category_id=39

I'm planning on getting two kinds, to try them both out...She has T3 Kangers on Sweet-vapes page...were those better than the T2?

Dear goodness. Sorry in advance. I'd like to get a small clearomizer and one of the tanks, either the EVOD (if it fits) or the Mini Nova, but not sure which is better.

No, your a great help, otherwise I probably would of gone wayyy off an bought something that wasn't worth .02! Any insight as to what people have used, and prefer is great for me to know!

I am thinking about purchasing a ProTank...when you say airy....good or bad? I have been using the intial set-up Ego-C gave me for the past 4-5 months and am finally wanting to step out of the basics....

Now that I've read this post...are T3's (do you all mean Kangers?)...Vivi's ( i thought they dry-hit?) or EVOD's better? I usually vape Dessert, or fruity flavors...This is all turning crypt to me.

Airy= bad, but only airy on the Tesla, fixed that with a small rubber band, O ring was too much, but the rubber band I can leave one or two holes open...but they work great on my c-twists, a little top heavy tho.. Past the airy issue. I think they are great.. Big vapor....Nice tank on a big mod....but Id rather use vision novas on my ego types,

Airy= bad, but only airy on the Tesla, fixed that with a small rubber band, O ring was too much, but the rubber band I can leave one or two holes open...but they work great on my c-twists, a little top heavy tho.. Past the airy issue. I think they are great.. Big vapor....Nice tank on a big mod....but Id rather use vision novas on my ego types,

So the Nova's are a better fit for the Ego?....that's what I have in my cart right now. (The mini nova)

So the Nova's are a better fit for the Ego?....that's what I have in my cart right now. (The mini nova)

All of those that were mentioned earlier in this post fit an eGo battery with 510 threads. That means the one you have, I think. Didn't you say you had an eGo-C?

If I were you and just starting out, I'd get an EVOD and a couple of extra coils. They're a bottom feeder so you don't have to worry about having to tip the e-cigarette to wet the wicks. No dry hits either unless you chain vape waaaay too quickly. As much as I love the Vivi Nova, the wicks are on top so you'll want to make sure to keep them wet. This means tipping when you get near half-full. I've also found that the EVOD doesn't mute the flavors as much as top feeders but that's just my opinion. Your experience may be different.

If you haven't put in your order yet try going over to The Veteran Vaper. Brian is a forum member and gives most excellent service! He has EVODs, Vivi Nova, Vivi Nova Mini, T2 and Pro Tanks as well as replacement wicks and coils all in one place. I've yet to hear anyone have a bad experience when they order from him. Can't say the same about some other places. :D

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/cartomizers/

Edited by Tameiki

Yes, I have an Ego-C, I will go ahead and buy the EVOD (just wanted to make sure it fit my Ego) and the V2's and try them both out! Thanks for your help!

Edited by SiaTanner

Yes, I have an Ego-C, I will go ahead and buy the EVOD (just wanted to make sure it fit my Ego) and the V2's and try them both out! Thanks for your help!

I love the T2s, those and the CE4s are the first things I tried with my eGo 650 pass through - my first. :)

Good luck! I hope they work well for you.

What does drip and direct drip mean?

Unlike a tank or clearomizer you use an atomizer to direct drip. It's a metal cylinder with a heating coil (bridge) inside. You directly drip juice onto the bridge, replace the drip tip (that's a mouth piece that makes it more comfortable for your lips), and vape. There are also things like bridgeless atomizers that don't have a bridge over the top of the heating element. Drip and direct drip are pretty much the same things, just a different way to say things is all. :)

Almost forgot to add: direct dripping will give you the truest flavor of a juice with no muting and it's easy to change flavors - I've found it's best to keep like flavors in each atomizer for the best results.

Edited by Tameiki

BB and GJ?

Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice. Both from the infamous Alien Vision Juice.

Sia - Those are all good tanks and will work. However im gonna go with Tameika here and suggest the Evods for least amount of fiddling vs great vape!

I have been vaping for about 2 weeks now and I didn't like the cartridge thingie that came with my atomizer in the kit I bought so I went with the EVOD and have been using for about a week now. I like them. They are easy to use and haven't had any problems with leaking so far. They do have 3 small holes in the skirt and are a little airy but I usually cover one or two with my finger when I vape and it works great. I let it sit for about 10 minutes or so after to filling and haven't had any burnt or dry hits :)

The more I use these T2s the more I like them. The airy draw problem is fixed with a small piece of tape over one of the two holes. Just took them apart and cleaned them to give them a fair shot with my flavors I like. I think part of the reason I didn't like them at first is the fact I filled them both with flavors I didn't like. I like the design that seems to prevent the gurgling in the CE4s I have been using and 2.5ml makes a huge difference in how often I have to refill. Also when you refill the post is above the cylinder making it virtually impossible to get liquid in it. Cost of tank being around $6 depending on the supplier and replacement heads at $2 makes them a very affordable option.