80/20 pg vg ratio vs 50-50

That's changing too...I guessing all the CE regulations aren't filtering in to the US yet..consider yourself lucky.

OMG, Cesar...  you really need to read-up on European regulations for yourself, and not rely on the misinformation of others for your facts.  The CE mark only means that a product meets the health/safety/environmental requirements of the EU, and allows for free-trade-movement, of products bearing the mark, within the EU. 

The CE marking is not required for items, for example:

• chemicals
  • pharmaceuticals
  • cosmetics and foodstuffs

E-liquids in the EU (including the UK) are NOT regulated or controlled by the "CE", as "CE" is only a mark to ensure the manufacturer has checked that these products meet EU safety, health or environmental requirements.  E-liquids are a "foodstuff" and/or pharmaceutical by definition... at least until Big Tobacco, public health entities, and Big Government get them classified as Tobacco Products... but that will be strictly for regulation and taxation... it will have nothing to do with "safety", and will still not require a CE stamp on the products.  Last time I checked, cigarettes sold in the UK do NOT have a CE mark anywhere on the package!

The CE mark in Europe is like the UL (Underwriter's Laboratory) mark in the USA.  It simply means a product been tested to meet certain safety measures so you'll know it is safe to use, and is not likely to kill you, electrocute you, or burn your house down if you plug it in.  They are a product testing certification mark, and have NO REGULATORY CAPACITY.

I know this is the Internet, and people are free to post any opinion as fact, but at least on this forum, we try to only post FACTS that can be checked/verified when it comes to regulations regarding e-liquids and vaping hardware, because misinformation is a dangerous thing, and in my opinion, is one of the leading causes of lower IQ's across the globe.  Just because you read somewhere (or someone told you) that some authority said 2 + 2 no longer equals 4, or that all airplanes flying across the Atlantic must now be painted pink for better visibility... doesn't make it TRUE.

If you can't back up your statement with documentation, names, etc., perhaps you should refrain from posting?  Posting your opinion regarding a product or its use is one thing, but when it comes to regulations regarding product safety/sales/manufacture, you better have something to back up your statements!  We will call you out on it... haven't you already figured this out??

</rant>

Edited by Earthling789

Honestly..I don't even understand how this forum have any people posting on it... you guys get more things wrong that you get right.... all e-liquids in Europe come with the EC stamp..both in the box and the bottle.

Info direct from www.gov.uk (as posted in the link above)

CE marking applies to products, ranging from electrical equipment to toys and from civil explosives to medical devices. The full list of these product categories is below:

• active implantable medical devices
  • appliances burning gaseous fuels
  • cableway installations designed to carry persons
  • eco-design of energy related products
  • electromagnetic compatibility
  • equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
  • explosives for civil uses
  • hot-water boilers
  • household refrigerators and freezers
  • in vitro diagnostic medical devices
  • lifts
  • low voltage
  • machinery
  • measuring instruments
  • medical devices
  • noise emission in the environment
  • non-automatic weighing instruments
  • personal protective equipment
  • pressure equipment
  • pyrotechnics
  • radio and telecommunications terminal equipment
  • recreational craft
  • safety of toys
  • simple pressure vessels

I can give you the info, but I can't make you understand it...  E-liquid does NOT fall within any of these categories.  While manufacturers may put the stamp on the bottle or package, it is NOT REQUIRED within the EU to have the CE stamp on e-liquids.  There is also no regulatory authority of the CE... it is a product safety mark applied by manufacturers to show they have tested the product for consumer safety - meaning it meets the guidelines of health/safety/environment within the EU for sales of the product within the EU (which also means nothing to the rest of the world, especially the US as we typically have higher testing standards, from Underwriter's Laboratory, for products in the list above). 

You can put the CE mark on a bottle of water or bottle of Whiskey but it does not mean the government has approved it, regulated it, tested it, or has anything to do with it.  It means nothing unless the product falls within one of the categories above.  And, furthermore, just because the manufacturer places the mark on their product, it does not mean it is guaranteed "safe", only that the manufacturer implies it meets the guidelines for one of the categories.  If a hot-water boiler explodes (for example), then the consumer will have a method of recourse against the manufacturer because the manufacturer certified it as "safe", by applying the CE stamp. 

The info I provided is not wrong, only your interpretation of it.  CE stamps may exist on some e-liquids, or even a bottle of mustard, in the UK (I won't deny some manufactures may put the stamp on the bottles), but CE stamps are not required for chemicals, food-products, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics, and mean absolutely NOTHING as to their safety, purity, contents, inspection, regulation, etc.

You know... perhaps the stamps on the bottle and packaging only mean the bottle/package meets the EU environmental standards for recyclable material??  Who knows?  But the liquid contained inside the bottle does not require CE certification to be sold within the EU!

Honestly..I don't even understand how this forum have any people posting on it... you guys get more things wrong that you get right.... all e-liquids in Europe come with the EC stamp..both in the box and the bottle.

And yet here you are... still posting on it even after saying you were leaving due to all the "idiots with issues" on this forum. You're more than welcome to leave this forum to find greener pastures elsewhere. I'm beginning to believe you're nothing more than a troll who is working to incite members by spreading wrong information and accusing members of all manner of things that are also incorrect.

You're welcome to post if you have something to contribute that has some basis in fact or is marked as being your opinion. Posting any personal attacks will find you banned.

Earthling..I won't buy any e-liquids that don't have the EC / CE stamp, for obvious reasons... the same thing with the batteries and tanks, again, for obvious reasons. Any company that ignores the CE regulations won't do very well in Europe... and am I the only one doing personal attacks ?...maybe you should read the post from other people too..just saying

Edited by cesar

Yes, you are the only one "doing personal attacks." They're not calling you names, just pointing out the fallacy in your claims and assertions while you call them "idiots" and "grammar Nazis". I'm not arguing with you on this, Cesar. I'm only addressing your behavior, I won't talk with you about what other members are doing.

Yes, you are the only one "doing personal attacks." They're not calling you names, just pointing out the fallacy in your claims and assertions while you call them "idiots" and "grammar Nazis". I'm not arguing with you on this, Cesar. I'm only addressing your behavior, I won't talk with you about what other members are doing.

If you have a problem with my behaviour send me a warning via personal message... or ban me..you accusing me of doing the very thing that you going yourself.