Blowback From My Provari

AARONH

This is strange.. Ive had my Provari for a little over a year now. I use standard bulk Joytech 510 attys. The other day I was pulling a nice vape, when all the sudden I get this blowback of air from the tip that was so hard, it puffed my cheeks out.....and scared the crap out of me at the same time!... I thought about it... couldn't figure out a reason that would have happened. Then, it happened two more times that day.....changed attys/battery. ....It just happened again!...anyone ever experience this?

I've had this happen but not to the level you are speaking of. I believe it's a blast of steam when you heat the juice a bit to hot. Are you vaping at a high voltage? If so maybe lower the volts a bit and see if that helps.

OK!..IM DONE!...It just did it again!, this time it blew such a strong blast, it puffed out my cheeks, and out my nose! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS!..VOLTAGE SURGE?? I have been using the same atty's(kind), same juice, nic, unit and batterys for months!.... Its like a blast to the mouth with an air hose!.... diff atty, diff battery, its got to be the unit itself!....and its scary! WTF?...back to the Ego:(

Edited by AARONH

@ Mquinn, I suppose they do:) ... Ron, I do have one at home... but this happens intermittenly... I can tell the voltage is correct by the vape itself...Ive been vaping on it for a year or so now. I kinda know this thing. But the times it has happened, it was mid-vape, or towards the end of a vape(draw), and POOF! ..... makes me nervous, especially after reading "my mod blew up in my face" stories. What I don't understand is how can the atty make that much air volume???? Im no noob, coming up on my 2 years vaping......never heard of , or seen anything like this....... and for it to do that and NOT burn up the atty?? Bizarr.

Edited by AARONH

I don't believe it's an issue with the Provari but rather the atty. I've had this happen a few times when I used to drip and it was on a Silver Bullet not the Provari. I agree it can scare the ish outta you.

Yes, I have tried a new atty... after it happened 3 times, I changed attys to a new one..happened three more times. I dont think its the atty. Im using my Ego passthru for now on the same atty to see if I get the same thing. I also changed batteries (AWI 18650's provided by Provape) and still got the blowback. I am scared to death to operate this thing now.

Edited by AARONH

Although it didn't happen with a Provari, I had a brand new IkenVape IO6 1.8Ω atty pop on me recently and did just exactly what you described...an audible "POP!" and a cheek-puffing blast of air in my mouth that scared the **** out of me! I was gun-shy for a while after that experience.

Just a quick update..... tried that same atty on my Ego...got the same thing, however , not as pronounced...prob due to the 3.7 volts over my Provari's 4.3ish that I vape at. The two suspect attys were the last two in a bulk box I had. I have opened a new bulk box, and attached one to the Provari without any incidences in two days.......I guess they were just faulty attys, bad ciruit in them??? Hell if I know. I just know I didn't want to go back to the Ego...... just not enough punch in those things...Great starter kit, but, we all move on.:)

Never heard of this phenomena prior to this thread. Happened to run across a blog written by a Totally Wicked tech who mentions "backfiring" cartos. If I remember correctly, it seems it has something to do with air not circulating properly within the cartomizer..some kind of blockage built up that releases suddenly upon inhalation.