My First Real Dripping Experience.....

Ok, so today I received my first lr 510 atty from litecig. Not a genuine Joye atty, just a lr 510 atty. It was rated at 1.5ohms, and on my voltometer measured in between 1.6-1.8ohms, so close enough for me. Now, I don't have a 510 device so I used an adapter on my LEO which usually runs at roughly 3.5v under load.

First thing I did was de-wick it. I haven't de-bridged it yet because that looked a little more complicated and I didn't want to risk breaking a brand new atty. I felt confident I could de-wick it and it went smoothly.

So, my initial fill was 6 drops of TVR 555 juice, 75/25 pg/vg.

The first hit or two were.....meh

By about the third hit the warmth of the vapor and flavor were downright amazing. I'm impressed!

After maybe 10 or 12 hits I got the dreaded dry hit. ****** nasty! So I added two drops, got maybe 4 good hits and bam another dry hit. What's strange is I'm getting no warning, one hit I'm getting killer vapor and flavor, next hit-dry hit. Guess I'll have to figure out a rhythm.

I've put it away for now but will use it plenty more tonight, so far I'm impressed with the "vape", however, its also being as much of a pita that I thought it would be. So we'll see how it all turns out.

Will update more later.

Congrats on giving something new a try. I have found I have to drip much more frequent with a de-wicked atty ( cuz the wicks not there to hold some of the juice).

yeah that could be it, i might just drip 2 drops and 4 hits from then drip another 2 drops whether it's tasting weaker or not. like i said i'll just have to figure out my own rhythm.

i've tried dripping before so it's not exactly a new thing, but i was just kind of winging it before. now i've done a lot more reading on it and i feel like i'm armed with enough info to at least make me half way knowledgeable with an atty on my pv :lol:

hey i've got a question for some dripping vet's. how do i go about changing flavors? do i just run the current flavor till i get a dry hit then fill with a different flavor or do i need to actually boil it?

I just add the new juice when Im ready for a change. Sometimes I end up with some interesting flavor combos but the old juice wears off quickly, as long as its not a really strong flavor or something like menthol.

I don't think I would be dripping if I could only drip 2-3 drops at a time... no way! Now, thanks to the 'drip shield'..... I drip 6-8 drops and then I can vape away for a good long while.... what seems to me about like the time it took me to smoke an analog. That was the main thing I hated about dripping back in the day when I first started vaping... I could really only drip 2-3 drops at a time or it would just start leaking out the damn bottom! And then, even with a drip tip, I would always get juice spitting up and in to my mouth... and I hated that! So, I gave up on atty's totally and switched to Boge 2.0 cartos for months and months, and was happy with them the whole time actually. That was until I got a bit bored and tried direct dripping again... only this time I happened to have a 'drip shield' and a little thing made by Cherry-Vape called 'The Universal'. Well.... it totally changed my view on dripping... and for the better! And, even after being a die-hard carto freak for months, I can now say I am loving Dripping again... well, until the next great thing comes out I suppose. They both have their place... don't get me wrong... but there is something about the pureness of dripping that has a hold on me again. It may be because I don't have to worry about when that dreaded 'dry hit' is coming... because it pretty much did every time I tried to drip. It's crazy how just a couple of little additions to my overall setup have totally changed how I prefer to vape now! I would have never guessed that was going to happen! Hell, I pretty much thought I was a carto-guy for life!

Dayvape, could you spell out the use of a drip shield for me? I'm browsing the one's at empiremods, looks like they only sell 901 or eGo shields, i have neither lol. Is a drip shield threaded or does it slide over the atty or what?

I'm curious if the 901 will work with my 510 atty, or if it's threaded.

Well, seems i'm getting a fairly consistent 7-8 hits now between refills. Drip on 2 drops and it's good to go for another 8 hits.

This vapor is THICK.

Flavor is outstanding, it's like i'm tasting 555 for the first time........and it's GOOD :)

Throat hit is good, no different really than a LR carto

All in all, i'm enjoying dripping a lot. We'll see first off how long the atty lasts, and how much of a pita i consider it to have to always have a bottle of juice next to me in order to add more. I've been a little spoiled as i've been using 4ml carto's for the LEO for months now, so topping off was basically a thing of the past. I only needed to do it about once every 4 or 5 hours. Not ever once every 4 or 5 minutes lol.

It's comparable to a good lr carto for me right now, i won't say better but comparable as far as the vape experience goes.

lmao. I thought I read somewhere that dripping was a thing of the past. Need any more dripping or 510 tips Blu, you can PM me. :phone:

lol, it may still be a thing of the past! i'm enjoying it, but not enough that it will replace carto's. it'll be useful for testing new juice's, and you know while i'm at home i could see wanting to take a few hits off of the atty instead of a carto. i just don't think i can constantly do this, it's too annoying. however, if it can find an hour or two of time into my routine every day that'll be saying a lot since i didn't even think it could do that.

After switching to the tank last year and more recently giving carto's another try I haven't been dripping much at all. I agree about it being useful for testing juice's and the vapor and flavor can be the best but I could never go back to dripping full time again. At the same time I can also say that I could never not drip again either. There's a time and a place for all delivery methods for me.

I am pretty sure I will always have a love for dripping. Nothing beats it for flavor, vapor and throat hit. Ya, its a pain to always need to add more, but honestly I do it without even thinking about it. There are times when dripping is difficutly...driving, shopping, movies etc...then its great to have my tanks. I have been using my tank and ego cleaomizer more, but, I still drip when I can.

Most of my atomizers last a couple weeks to a month...about the same as the tank cartos.

gonna go ahead and order a drip shield soon. The leaking is a little insane lol. Not sure exactly if I'm gonna need a 510-510 adapter or not but they're cheap enough lol

gonna go ahead and order a drip shield soon. The leaking is a little insane lol. Not sure exactly if I'm gonna need a 510-510 adapter or not but they're cheap enough lol

Why do i want a drip shield so bad when i don't even own a 510 atomizer anymore? Lol

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Well if the device you are dripping with has a normal/flush connector... then you will want the adapter. It raises it up enough that the bottom seal on the drip shield is below the threads of the atty... therefore collecting the leaking juice. :yes

successfully de-bridged the atty this morning......did not go as planned however. i could not get the mesh on top of the bridge to split in half. now, i'm not the most patient man, so i just started yanking on the mesh the way i was instructed NOT to lol. well that basically yanked the atty right up out of the housing.....

no going back at this point!

finally broke all the mesh on top of the bridge off and then pulled the actual bridge out. pushed the atty back in to place. (or at least where i figured it should go lol) dripped a few drops in and bam! fired up like a champ! couldn't really believe it lol. still going strong too.

anyway, anymore than about 3 drops and i get flooding. now, my batteries are completely sealed so it's not the end of the world but i hate the gurgling hits, it might just be my imagination but i feel like the flooded hits take something away from the vape. so i have to stick to about 2 drops max. and over the past day or so (even before i massacred the de-bridging lol) even with 2 drops (which most people say they get about 8 or 9 hits per 2 drops) i'm only getting maybe 5 hits before a dry hit. before i was getting about 7 or 8.

so that kinda blows.....just really need to get my hands on a drip shield and adapter......

With a debridged atty...2 drops is all it will hold...and good for 4-6 draws.

I usually begin with dewicking...saves that yucky burning nylon flavor when the liquid runs low. I usually on debridge when it begins showing signs of wear...less vapor, less flavor.

Im really glad its still working. getting the mesh off is the hardest part. for me, I push it off the the side and just work at it a bit at a time. The heating element can actually shift up ward a bit without compromising the atty.

Just like everything else in vaping, dripping has its own learning curve. once you get the hang of it, the dripping lessens quite a bit. I just keep a kleenex or shirt corner on hand. If you disconnect the atty and wipe it down once in a while and wipe the battery end...helps with overall leakage.

You want to know the best way to stop leaking, over filling, and gurgly atomizers?

Buy cartomizers :)

P.s. i did just order a drip shield and some SR 510 attys. My biggest problem with dripping is the leaking. I always dripped on my ego but once i got into mods it was just to big of a pain. Hopefully the drip shield will fix that because i do have some liquids i prefer dripping with.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Edited by bobthesalesclerk