Forever Upping The Nicotine

i'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

I started out at 6mg-8mg with my original eGo, that was great for a couple months, then i moved to 12mg because 6-8 wasn't enough anymore, i was at 12 when i quit smoking and it was fine for a couple months, then all of a sudden 12mg didn't cut it and i had to jump up to 18mg, which was fine for a couple months, but now it's not hitting the spot anymore and i'm having to move to 24mg.

I use a new cartomizer whenever i change flavors or they get warn out, so it's not a matter of diminished vapor production, i have 5 nearly-new 18650 batteries and 2 devices that use them (the joyetech 18650 tube mod and the e-power ego 18650), also a viper vv passthrough that goes up to 4.2v. i'm at the point with 18mg now that i have to take a 15-second drag to get any satisfaction out of it (24mg juice is on the way).

Is this a normal thing? will i reach a point when i need less, or will it always be more until i'm vaping 36mg at 6v?

i dont know, its somewhat the same as what im going through, i recently smoked a cigarette, and noticed the 24mg doesnt come near the mellow feeling of a cigarette has. I just dont want to up the nicotine, like others the flavor has me more attracted to vaping than the nicotine, i do have to chainvape a bit more than i smoked though to get that relaxed feeling. im good with 24mg im just scared of going too high cuz of spills and such, i spilled some 24mg on myself and it gave me a major headache.

It may be a deal where you just have to go through some withdrawls. I started out at 24 and don't plan to go anywhere but down from here.

for the most part what he said. Just chainvape like crazy. I started at 24 and when I jumped down to 16-18 I didn't think I'd ever get satisfaction from it so I just chainvaped like crazy. Eventually 18 was more than enough, same thing happened again when I dropped down to 11-12

for the most part what he said. Just chainvape like crazy. I started at 24 and when I jumped down to 16-18 I didn't think I'd ever get satisfaction from it so I just chainvaped like crazy. Eventually 18 was more than enough, same thing happened again when I dropped down to 11-12

same i vape 8 mg at home because i chain vape like crazy lol and out and about i use 12 mg less vaping.

well i've settled on flavors, i know what i like and all that, and it's more throat hit than nicotine that i'm missing, hell, i haven't smoked in nearly 8 months and i don't really get cravings for analogs. i know that part of it is that i use high-vg juice, which doesn't hit as hard and clogs up cartomizers really fast, i just hope that once i'm using 24mg, it'll eventually be too much and i can move back down.

Hey Jon....I'm with you, it more about getting the right throat hit. Some days it just doesn't seem to be there and other days its perfect. I have managed to stay at 18-24mg depending on the flavor. some flavors do have a bit more throat hit.

I still add just a few drops of menthol to my liquid, adds a bit of extra throat hit without tasting like menthol.

I am currently playing with a flavour Art product called flash...designed to mimic the throat hit of nicotine without nicotine. I haven't had too much time to play with it, but I will tell you this, if you add too much it is a really harsh throat hit. been playing with some 0 nic and seeing if I can get it to the desired throat hit...still a project in motion......

Hang in there, the answer is out there....

For me vaping higher mg nic wasn't doing the job,but when I went to higher voltage

that was when I found my self not wanting more.

Now I vape 0-9mg juice and if I want a li'l extra kick I up the voltage not the nic.

Vv mods have done the most to keep me off the analogs and made it easier to drop the

nic strength down.

I started at 24mg and I'm still at 24mg over two years later. I did go though several months at 6V and that's what really helped me. Then I got a VV device and started working the voltage down. I vape at 4.1V most of the time now, but will occasionally crank it up to 5V. While I haven't increased my mg, I have increased my usage. Started out using 1-2ml per day and a 10ml bottle would last almost a full week. Now I'm vaping about 30ml per week. However, for the past year I've been pretty consistent with the voltage and consumption.

Edited by Brian

Is this a normal thing? will i reach a point when i need less, or will it always be more until i'm vaping 36mg at 6v?

I experienced much the same thing. I know that there are other addictive chemicals in a cigarette other than nicotine which enhances the nicotine, and who knows what else. So far, a few hits of 36 mg every once in a while keeps me relatively satisfied at 18 mg, but I don't necessarily recommend it. Discipline is a must. Mind, it's only been 2 and a half months for me. Reading that there are danger points at 2 months, 4 months, 9 months, 18 months, 5 years, and 10 years (probably more in between) has helped me (knowledge is power and all that). I think that one just needs to reconcile oneself to the fact that Vaping is not smoking. And, while it helps with coming off of analogs, it's not a complete substitute. I know that during those tough danger points it's difficult to remember the dangers of smoking analogs and the many benefits of Vaping; one may think that if one just has a few drags off of a cigarette that one can strengthen their resolve to stay away. And, that may be the way for some, no shame in that. Whatever it takes, right? But, so far, I'm of a mind that the few drags off of a cigarette will just bring me back to where I am right now, so why bother. Try your best to relax. Ride it out because it will pass. It must.

Again, Vaping is not smoking. And when you come to the point when you can say, "Thank goodness," then you know you are getting over the hump. The withdrawals will come again. The next time you will be more able to recognize it, and then the next. I hear it gets easier.. and just hearing that helps, too. I hope that helps.

I started vaping at 24mg and slowly went down until I found 18mg to be my sweet spot. I've been using that for months and the only switch was buying a VVV and uping the voltage to ~4.5v.

The plan is to start lowering that soon by diluting with straight pg until I can just buy 9mg juice. Eventually just buying 0mg juice and adding a drop of nicotine for TH would be ideal but I'm sure that won't happen for quite a while.

I started vaping at 24mg and slowly went down until I found 18mg to be my sweet spot. I've been using that for months and the only switch was buying a VVV and uping the voltage to ~4.5v.

The plan is to start lowering that soon by diluting with straight pg until I can just buy 9mg juice. Eventually just buying 0mg juice and adding a drop of nicotine for TH would be ideal but I'm sure that won't happen for quite a while.

How long did it take you to get down to 18 mg? I've been vaping at 3.6v for the fruity stuff and I can go up to 4.2v for the Menthol, but anything higher makes my throat burn. My problem is flavor. Maybe my taste buds are still shot, I don't know, but I wish the e-juices I have could taste stronger. It's kind of like an herbal tea as opposed to coffee. The tea may taste nice, but it's more subtle and that can be frustrating at times when you just want that flavor. After that problem is resolved, and because of the constant threats of the FDA, I hope to lower my nic intake, too.

You know, I quit smoking twice, cold turkey, and I remember that the first 31 days were a killer. I'm looking at that shadowy road looming before me with fear and trepidation. I figure that as long as e-cigs are still around at 0 nic, I may just make it. But, that would be the Only reason I quit nicotine because I know the health benefits of nicotine, as well. It's not the big bad wolf, although it can be insidious. I don't like 'having to have it' as opposed to "nicotine would be good for me right now".

Here's something really interesting on the benefits of nicotine.

http://health.howstu...th-benefits.htm

And here's one that's just interesting on how studies have shown that cigarette companies have increased nicotine in cigarettes by 1.1% to 1.6% per year from 1997 to 2005, and probably continues.

http://tlc.howstuffw...ne-increase.htm

Edited by Breal

I started at 24, tried 18 and it wasn't enough at the time. Stayed with 24 and even 36 sometimes for over a year. I was a heavy smoker in the past but not a heavy vaporer during these times. I would notice that I was getting too much nic when I started vaping a little more frequently so I went from 24 to 18. Then from 18 to 12. Then I noticed I wasn't getting enough.

I'm at the point where I belive that 12-18 is still enough when I vape alot in the evenings but I have 24 on hand for the daytime when I don't vape as frequently.

knowing your body is key to knowing how much nic you need and TH can be achieved on lower levels by some of others' tips.

I started at 24, tried 18 and it wasn't enough at the time. Stayed with 24 and even 36 sometimes for over a year. I was a heavy smoker in the past but not a heavy vaporer during these times. I would notice that I was getting too much nic when I started vaping a little more frequently so I went from 24 to 18. Then from 18 to 12. Then I noticed I wasn't getting enough.

I'm at the point where I belive that 12-18 is still enough when I vape alot in the evenings but I have 24 on hand for the daytime when I don't vape as frequently.

knowing your body is key to knowing how much nic you need and TH can be achieved on lower levels by some of others' tips.

I think it's amazing how the body knows just how much nicotine it wants. So, if you Vape a lesser nic mg ,you may well be vaping more. So, then, it's all about the habit of vaping that changes.. longer sessions of vaping and such. That's another addiction, I guess. Vaping takes care of that. We have the ability to choose how much nic we take in. As long as the e-juice companies are honest in their nic concentrations, that is.

I agree .. sometimes the TH just isn't there. BUT it's the same exact deal with real smokes! There were times I was literally craving a smoke WHILE I was smoking one and I would literally chain smoke my brains out and just give up on finding satisfaction. With vaping I vape like crazy, switch my flavors, switch my atty, the volts.... just switch it up.... and turn around and discover I'm satisfied finally again.

(except during really really sad times like lately again) .

Bobas Bounty on a LR 306 or HH357 relly helps... BB has a "weight" to it that really helps.

Hang in there

How long did it take you to get down to 18 mg?

Not as long as I expected, I was able to do it by always having an 18mg cart with me and I'd sub it in every so often. Eventually I was only using 18 and subbing in the higher nicotine cart and then before I knew it I was happy only using 18mg. In total the whole process happened over the course of a month.

I agree .. sometimes the TH just isn't there. BUT it's the same exact deal with real smokes! There were times I was literally craving a smoke WHILE I was smoking one and I would literally chain smoke my brains out and just give up on finding satisfaction. With vaping I vape like crazy, switch my flavors, switch my atty, the volts.... just switch it up.... and turn around and discover I'm satisfied finally again.

(except during really really sad times like lately again) .

Bobas Bounty on a LR 306 or HH357 relly helps... BB has a "weight" to it that really helps.

Hang in there

Oh my goodness, you have no idea how reminiscent that is of me! I, too, remember times when I smoked analogs, and they didn't seem like enough, either! Sometimes, I just got to the point where I wanted to smoke more, it made me sick! I had forgotten that. Amazing. There were times I would tell a friend of mine (as we chain smoked) that they just didn't help and how I really needed to quit. My word, I'm so glad I quit. It's a good reminder that I really do not Need cigarettes.

I'm definitely ordering Bobas Bounty and a LR 306 or HH357, plus a drip tip, this week. Hopefully it'll just be a matter of filling and putting it on my provari. Hopefully I won't need connectors? I know the HH357 has a list of instructions and it'll take a few days to get it right, but I'm game.

(sorry you are going through sad times... I feel you)

Edited by Breal

thanks everyone for the input, i think i'll switch to 24mg and more pg for the time being, and once i can afford a provari (or artisan vaping releases the mpv), i'll try lowering the nic and upping the voltage and going back to high vg

kitsume: i'll have to look into this flash stuff, sounds interesting, got any links?

I started at 24mg and I'm still at 24mg over two years later. I did go though several months at 6V and that's what really helped me. Then I got a VV device and started working the voltage down. I vape at 4.1V most of the time now, but will occasionally crank it up to 5V. While I haven't increased my mg, I have increased my usage. Started out using 1-2ml per day and a 10ml bottle would last almost a full week. Now I'm vaping about 30ml per week. However, for the past year I've been pretty consistent with the voltage and consumption.

Just wondering how long it took you to increase to 30 ml per week. I think I Vape about that now and I've only just started (maybe I Vape more, haven't figured it out, yet. Yikes!)

@JohnHitThingWithRock (lol! love the name) I love my provari, but I don't really know what I'm doing with it save for the variable voltage. The thing didn't come with a manual (saving the trees and all that).

Edited by Breal

Just wondering how long it took you to increase to 30 ml per week. I think I Vape about that now and I've only just started (maybe I Vape more, haven't figured it out, yet. Yikes!)

Probably within the first several months. 6V really burns though some juice. :) I started vaping in December 09 and went to 6V in April 2010. By the end of 2010 I think I was using 4.9V. Got my Provari in Jan 2011. Much easier to lower the voltage so I worked my way down pretty quickly after I got it.