Overwhelmed!

bear

I ordered a V2 standard kit which should be here soon. I'm new to this forum as well as vaping.I have been on other forums and have tried to learn as much as possible before I ordered my kit. I find myself overwhelmed with all the choices in batteries,juices, and things I really need. I'm on a fixed income, so it will take me awhile to build up stock to keep me going.I'm looking for tobacco flavored juices and a couple more batteries. Any other advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

I am not going to much help with V2 products, Not used them before. I am not sure what components will be compatible with it.

The ecig world is very overwhelming initially, but once you get the hang of things you will love vaping !!! and in the end, it really is cheaper than smoking.

I do however, suggest you look at the 510 products and the ego products. These products have the best interchangeability and greatest accessibility from most vendors.

It really is tough being on a tight budget, just build your supplies one step at a time. /The 510 and ego are interchangeable.

The VT Store has great liquid flavors, Forever Vapor has great selection--links to these shops are at the top of the page.

You can check out our supporting suppliers section on the main forum page. Each of them offers great products and service.

I also use Liberty flights http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp. They carry 510, ego and riva (ego type product). The riva is a bit cheaper, its a knock off of the joye ego...that being said, I have used the riva products without and problems. If you click the flag in the upper left corner before shopping you will get 20%off.

Hang in there....I promise it will get easier.

Kitsune is right:) This can be overwhelming but you can't go wrong with eGo set-up. Great battery life and versatility. Keep asking questions and you will get answers, it won't be long until you are a vet:)

one of the best things you can do is go through a bunch of the topics here on the forum, keep reading and getting info and opinions, it really helped me out when i was just starting out. i spent a crapload in the beginning, as i'm one who learns through failure, if i'd taken more time to read forum topics, i'd likely have spent a lot less at first.

Just keep it simple ,find a PV you can easily identify and find replacements for ,the standard is 3.7 volts and the only difference is how long your battery lasts between charges.The stock 3.7 volt devices produce the same vapor from the same liquid on a fully charged battery. We all have our favorites and if you stick around a while you will no doubt see our favorites change to whatever the next one we buy is.Not sure why but no matter how well our rig is working we are on the prowl for something better.

agree with all of the above except one thing, the whole ego thing. yall are right about the 510 thing how its a great set up, but for a pv and just starting out. I would go right for a e-power. I have a 14650 e power, came with 2 batteries, 5 cartos, cone, button protector, and a really nice carboard box lol. I only say this because if an ego battery dies it dies. with the e power you still got your shell just get a new battery. also i vape alot. about 2ml aday and 1 battery lasts me all day. cost wise I think its the way to go, buts thats JMO.

best way for anyone to make sure not to destroy e power batteries is to mark em. take a sharpie and write + and - also its best to number your batteries as well. This way you can diagnose if you have problems with one or the other. also marke the charger.

Since you're already getting the V2, I won't mention a bunch of other ones.

As for ejuice and refilling, there's hundreds of places around. If you use that liberty flights place someone mentioned, make sure to get a couple various adapters so you can swap cartomizers/batteries around. I highly recommend that in case you order wrong, they mess your order up somehow, etc. Also, it's nice to have a large gauge syringe around for refilling those cartomizers if the cap doesn't pop off.

epower is nice. Hopefully charging the batteries would not be an issue for a new vaper. The ego is a little more straight forward with charging. Either way an ego, riva, or epower is a good way to go.

I absolutely love my E-Power. I have more accessories for it than you can shake a stick at!!

I started off with a v2 kit and my friend is still using hers but i soon moved up to an ego t because of the batery life now i want to move up to a lavetube. My friend is trying out my ego and loving it. We all have to start somewhere. I just keep reading and asking question . Good luck with your vaping

I started out with the DSE-901/RN4075

Then the Lux from ModernVapor.

Then the E-Power from Digitalciggz.com/Madvapes.com

NOW the Vitae. When it is taken away from me for what ever reason I slap the person's hands. MINE!!!

I say: Just go with what you got coming and see how you even like vaping. Then, decide from there, if you want to continue this journey called 'vaping'. You can always move up to a mod later (Lava Tube) if you decide to do so. Also, another good place for 'cheap/good juice' is Vapor Renu. I actually have a few staples I get from them on a regular basis that I really like! :yes

Edited by DAYVAPE

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent thread...my very same frustration...it is overwhellming if you have that personality which wants to know everything.

..one step forward, two back kinda thing. Unless you like resewarching, watching youtubes vids...I think the average person

might defualt by electing for the very simple e-cig and if that's the case, I recommend the Mistic.

Once the PV is selected, doesn't it all come down to juice...then you have the PG Vs VG or Mix issue. A zillion juice

Co's out there and if the website design is an indicator of the product, most have to be horrible (I am not judging by their site...

but most are pretty bad). Can someone recommend a good juice thread where reviews are discussed. I hope to find someone with

similar tastes and pick their brians on a few good choices. I am trying to not drop a $100 in finding a daily juice if possible.

That Mistic was filled with a good juice but even calling the company I got nada on the flavor.

I never heard of the e-power and thought I heard it all (spenmding WAY too much time on this new hobby)

What I am MOST interested in from the vets out there is just WHY the next level of PV is better than say the basic 510.

If you went through the stages of buying the baisc and then moving on, is your vape experience that much better?

How would you describe better?

How does more voltage make the PV better? Is this subjective or a real experiential differece? If most move on,

there has to be something to the mods or bigger eGo kits like the tank or "C"

When I came into one forum, they laughed that I wasusing a Mistic e-cig. I thought it was very good and I could refill

the cart by popping off the lid. It was said I wasn't really experiening vaping with a device like this and to never buy

the ciggy looking PV.

I have narrowed my choices to either this guy: (I love his simplicity)

Foxyboxmods

(or)

Instead of buying a "kit"...I was hoping to get the dual carto along w/an eGo battery (900 or 110mah)

and a usb charger.

Carto:

Battery 1 or Battery 2

USB:

How does this look? Are these compatible parts for a PV?

Yeah...this was a thread I've been wanting to start...so thanks!

alright, lemme break your post down a little bit.

1st off, the juice type. you make a very valid point, we should have a juice thread in which we break down vg vs pg and which each of us prefers and y. plus flavors, obviously there's a gazillion. now that being said, taste is subjective that part your'e gonna have to figure out on your own, use trial sizes from different sites to find out what you like.

on to the pv's, yes voltage makes a difference, yes fat batts are GENERALLY better than "slim style" ecigs. are they always better, no. if the mystic is working for you, stick with it. don't let someone on a forum tell you that it's junk and spend money becauce of what they say. whatever keeps you off of cigs is what's best. Period. Higher voltage can help create better throat hit, vapor production etc. that's y so many people end up with mods and what not. that's why we generally work up from what we start with (which is generally a cig size and style ecig). but like i said, if your'e content with what your'e using, don't feel like you have to switch. you don't. the best ecig for you, is the one that keeps you off cigs.

if you ever feel like what your'e using isn't enough however, you can start looking into different pv's. fat batt's, mods, vv devices. there's lots of options out there and honestly none of them are better than the next. you just need to research and figure out what would be best for you.

any questions feel free to pm me. :)

I just got 2 eGo Passthrough's from FreshSmoking.com and they are only $16.95.

file_94_2.jpg

More Views

• file_91_4.jpg
  • file_93_4.jpg

Genuine Joye eGo USB Passthrough - Black

Availability: In stock.

$ 16.95

Qty: OR

Quick Overview

Joye eGo USB Passthrough - Black.

The Joye eGo USB Passthrough is a must have item for anyone who is in front of a computer for long periods of time. Save your batteries for “on the go moments.” The Joye eGo USB passthrough has a built-in 650mAh battery and a USB port.

Connect the atomizer to the passthrough, unscrew the cap at the bottom of the passthrough and connect the USB cable. Plug in the other end of the cable into your USB port and use your personal vaporizer at full power for as long as you like! The eGo USB Passthrough with a built-in 650mAh battery even holds a charge, so you can disconnect the passthrough from your USB port and use it for a few hours! The Joye eGo USB Passthrough has a long cable cord for ease of use and convenience.

The Joye eGo USB Passthrough Includes:

(1) USB Passthrough with built-in 650mAh battery

(1) USB cable

Useful Tips:

When using your passthrough for the first time, connect the passthrough to the USB port and allow the battery to pre-charge for 20 minutes before first use.

OK, Thats my last plug for FreshSmoking.com on this site.

Edited by Soberrider

Want to thank everyone for their help.Almost 3 weeks into vaping and still analog free.I'm not as overwhelmed as when I first started.Got into using liquid and trying other flavors.Just ordered a kgo and cant wait for it to get here.Thanks again for all the help.

I agree with above posters, if its working for you then go for it. I think there are different uses for diff type of ecigs, i started with the stick style joye 510 but it wasnt the same as smoking a cigarette so i switched back and forth a bit. I then bought a ego passthrough for home vaping and 2 egos for on the go vaping. I got sucked into the vaping goodness of eliquid flavors and tried a bunch, then looked for more towards more a balance and settled for different sets of vaping for different situations.

If im out for a while in social situations I take my stick style ecigs with cartomizers.

If im away from the house most of the day i take my ego and some ce2s.

Currently saving $$$ to buy a Silver Bullet to replace my at-home passthrough =x

It's much more enjoying and healthy to vape than smoke, that it's turned into a hobby for me in a way

Edited by twelveday

Want to thank everyone for their help.Almost 3 weeks into vaping and still analog free.I'm not as overwhelmed as when I first started.Got into using liquid and trying other flavors.Just ordered a kgo and cant wait for it to get here.Thanks again for all the help.

Have you found an e-juice you really like, bear?