Overwhelmed!

bear

Ive been vaping for about a month now, and it is still somewhat overwhelming with all the manufactures, suppliers and middle men, juices, attys, different batteries, starter kits, so on and so forth, I as well started with a V2 kit and was very satisfied, recently received a G6 kit from Halo Cigs here in New Jersey. I actually prefer them to the V2, the carts are better, the vapor gives a richer, more replicated feel of smoke IMO. I get strong metallic tastes from some of the V2 carts within the first ten puffs and some get burnt tasting rather quickly as well. The G6 kit was also significantly cheaper than the V2 cigs and replacement batteries are $15 rather than $25. Today I did order a Tornado eGo-C kit from Totally Wicked and hopefully that goes well.

Edited by yeahivape

Yeah, I am an impulse buyer at times hahaha. After buying a few gas station disposables and a cheap rechargeable kit from a smoke shop locally I was almost completely turned off of the whole electronic cig idea but I'm glad I didn't, the V2 was definitely a good stepping stone, and a very good learning experience that hype and price does not necessarily mean an amazing product, the G6 was an even better lesson in trial and error with vaping and research, although I am getting the eGo kit I still plan on running an 808 set up or getting a 510 tank system for out on the go and work use (being I work in a warehouse). Hopefully the right trials and errors (as well as some shared knowledge on here) will lead me to find my perfect vaping experience!

It's still like a whole new world to me, and I've been vaping for a month already, its rather amazing hahaha.

Edited by yeahivape

Yeah, I am an impulse buyer at times hahaha. After buying a few gas station disposables and a cheap rechargeable kit from a smoke shop locally I was almost completely turned off of the whole electronic cig idea but I'm glad I didn't, the V2 was definitely a good stepping stone, and a very good learning experience that hype and price does not necessarily mean an amazing product, the G6 was an even better lesson in trial and error with vaping and research, although I am getting the eGo kit I still plan on running an 808 set up or getting a 510 tank system for out on the go and work use (being I work in a warehouse). Hopefully the right trials and errors (as well as some shared knowledge on here) will lead me to find my perfect vaping experience!

It's still like a whole new world to me, and I've been vaping for a month already, its rather amazing hahaha.

The V2 was my second set up, as well. Wow, are they expensive. You know, someone should put up a veteran's vapor review. It would save a lot of time and headache (and wallet-ache) for noobs.

The V2 was my second set up, as well. Wow, are they expensive. You know, someone should put up a veteran's vapor review. It would save a lot of time and headache (and wallet-ache) for noobs.

Very very true!

I started with V2 before finding this forum.I guess V2 was a way to get started,but they are expensive and the quality of their pre-filled cartridges was poor.

This is to both: It's not like I was completely unhappy with V2, still really enjoy their red and sahara juices anyway, but it was definitely a good learning experience and a good, easy brand to help get your foot in the door. But I will agree with the faulty carts, about 20% of my 40 ordered carts either did not last long or were no good off the bat, but it was a well enough built of a product for me to want to explore vaping in more detail, so it was worth the money IMHO.

This is to both: It's not like I was completely unhappy with V2, still really enjoy their red and sahara juices anyway, but it was definitely a good learning experience and a good, easy brand to help get your foot in the door. But I will agree with the faulty carts, about 20% of my 40 ordered carts either did not last long or were no good off the bat, but it was a well enough built of a product for me to want to explore vaping in more detail, so it was worth the money IMHO.

Yes, you're right. I"m sorry about giving V2 a negative rap. To be honest, it is thanks to V2 that I didn't quit on e-cigs altogether. They really got me by while I searched for something that would more adequately suit my personal needs. My point is that I am personally very sorry I didn't come here first. But that's just me. Nothing against V2. (ok, maybe just a little because that really hurt my wallet. Yikes!)

Edited by Breal

Yes, you're right. I"m sorry about giving V2 a negative rap. To be honest, it is thanks to V2 that I didn't quit on e-cigs altogether. They really got me by while I searched for something that would more adequately suit my personal needs. My point is that I am personally very sorry I didn't come here first. But that's just me. Nothing against V2. (ok, maybe just a little because that really hurt my wallet. Yikes!)

Well yeah the wallet hit when you find out that you can get units that are extremely more efficient for a way lower cost hurts a bit, but its still better and cheaper than analogs which is never a bad thing. :D which I'm sure is the main concern of most people here. And it is of course nice to have something at least decent to vape on whilst on the search for your perfect remedy.

Edited by yeahivape

Well yeah the wallet hit when you find out that you can get units that are extremely more efficient for a way lower cost hurts a bit, but its still better and cheaper than analogs which is never a bad thing. :D which I'm sure is the main concern of most people here. And it is of course nice to have something at least decent to vape on whilst on the search for your perfect remedy.

I haven't found that perfect remedy, yet, but at least now I do feel more at ease. I no longer feel like I'm on some frantic search for the holy grail.

I haven't found that perfect remedy, yet, but at least now I do feel more at ease. I no longer feel like I'm on some frantic search for the holy grail.

Hahaha, it does sort of seem like that, and it is a never ending search. One day in with this eGo and still LOVING it, changing flavors is a snap (literally) and I don't know what it is about it, just a more enjoyable at home vaping experience, can't wait until I have some more experience under my belt with it, but I feel it is going to be a large part of my collection for a while. (at least until saturday when I make it to this vape meet and see something else that I really want hahaha) but it comes with the territory.

Hahaha, it does sort of seem like that, and it is a never ending search. One day in with this eGo and still LOVING it, changing flavors is a snap (literally) and I don't know what it is about it, just a more enjoyable at home vaping experience, can't wait until I have some more experience under my belt with it, but I feel it is going to be a large part of my collection for a while. (at least until saturday when I make it to this vape meet and see something else that I really want hahaha) but it comes with the territory.

So awesome to know that you are enjoying your eGo! The thought of being able to try a lot of different flavors without ruining a carto each time is intriguing. I'll be placing a whole new order of juices in about a week! I have so much to choose from, it's a bit overwhelming. But, now I know to order smaller bottles, which will really go a long way. I really don't Need to order anymore flavors. What I have now could last me for another month easy. So, next month I'm going to have fun ordering about 10 different flavors. If I find one I really, really, really like, I'll stock up. Very exciting.

Yeah I like people vendors who offer 5ml bottles for samples, just to give it a few taste tests to find what really suits you than just order in mass quantities for cheap price! :)

I am stock piling on Halo Tribeca. Getting about 60 ml of it, along with a few others =D

Edited by yeahivape

@ Breal...you need to look at getting a 510 or 306 atomizer for dripping...makes trying out new flavors much easier, when you get a flavor you really like....than add to the cartomizer. less waste and you not stuck with a flavor you don't like.

@ Breal...you need to look at getting a 510 or 306 atomizer for dripping...makes trying out new flavors much easier, when you get a flavor you really like....than add to the cartomizer. less waste and you not stuck with a flavor you don't like.

I so do! I'm trying to picture it, actually.. how that would work. Does it have that foamy thingy, does it not.. My mind has been trying to picture dripping all evening.