Atomizer Vs Cartomizer

Which do you guys find yourself coming back to? When I first started vaping I used 510 and mega atomizers. Just about a month ago I started using Boge cartos regularly. I am thinking about going back to atomizers because for some reason the flavor isnt there anymore. You guys think flavor is better with cartos or attys?

I like to have both.I sometimes do the dripping thing at home in the evenings with 306's or 901's and use the Boge carto's through the day.I think a frsh carto has way more flavor than an atty,if I use a carto too long there is a noticable decline in flavor and vapor quality.

Edited by mcquinn

Just when I think I have figured it out, I decide something else.

I enjoy cartos just because they are easy. Fill up a couple in the morning, then I'm good to go for work.

I do still use attys, mostly at home.

Then there are tanks and such. Right now I am loving my GG Odysseus(s) and iAtty. My UFS is getting neglected, but it is very nice also.

Direct drip on a de-bridged atty. This seems to give me the best flavor and vapor production. Carto's just taste off to me. I know most people say they cant taste the filler, but I sware I can...

I do switch over to carto's when I have to. Like driving or where dripping is not easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a noobie, how long does each one last. I heard attys. last longer. Also, what does the 510,901,808,801, ect. number mean, size? Is one better then the other. Seems like 510 is the norm.

Not sure about actual meaning of the numbers, They do have different types of threads.

The 510 currently is the most universal atomizer/cartomizer/tank.

It all ends up being personal preference. Most of us over time, end up trying various combinations and end up with our personal favorites. Mine the 510LR atomizer...cartomizers just never really worked well for me...I prefer direct dripping for flavor and vapor production.

<-- atty's on the Reo for this gal. Cartos on everything else because everything else gets too messy until I get a drip shield. The flavor is so much better from an atty and direct dripping. With my Reo I squeeze the bottle or I can dd or I can alternate... and there's never ever a mess.

And trust me Uma, the experience is even BETTER with a drip shield, you must get one soon! As of late, I have been rockin' 901's and 510's on my new Lava Tube, and I am about to be converted back to attys from cartos I have a feeling! NO mess, and no such thing as over-dripping anymore, the drip shield is a game changer I tell ya! :yes

Edited by DAYVAPE

All the drip shields are the same... they need an adapter if you want to use it on a 510 though. I use a 'sealed 510-510 adapter' that way the drip shield covers where the adapter and atty connect and that's where the juice leaks out of and into the drip shield. Does that make ANY damn sense, lol?

http://www.empiremod.../510-510ads.htm

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/em901drip.htm

http://www.avidvaper.com/drip-shield-901-510-306/

Edited by DAYVAPE

Here ya go... much better explanation:

Atomizer Drip Shield

Standard anodized aluminum Drip shield works with 901, 510, and 306 atomizers. 510 atomizers would require a

510 to 510 adapter, and 306 atomizers would require a 510 to 510 adapter and an XL drip tip.

Drip Shield works on any 901 native connector, 901 can be used on 510 native connector with the use of a

510 to 901 Stealth adapter. These drip shields have 4 air intake holes and do not restrict the draw.

If you are using it on your ego battery then you don't need the adapter...since it had the raised 510 connection the drip shield slides right down over it perfectly. Then all you need to add is a drip tip!

The trick with using them with 510 attys is to have some sort of adapter so that the juice leaks out where the adapter and atty connect... it then is collected in the drip shield . Hope that makes sense.

It would be much easier if I could just show you, lol. :wallbash:

Edited by DAYVAPE