Ego C Order!

dragaa

Is there a better way to punch the hole? The atty didny puncture it correctly like it was supposed to..and it didn't work well at all until I punctured it fully.

Edit: tried another tank..due to pbusardos review I may have been too gentle on screwing in some of the parts...screwed the cone in a bit harder and pushed the tank in hard..pierced it this time. Sucks I wasted a tank. All in trial and error I suppose.

Edited by dragaa

I've had much better luck with the silicone caps. Mine came with silicone caps and mouthpiece covers. These are just like the hard plastic ones that come with the tanks. The silicone ones seem to seal much better, and I've never had a leak with one. Even used the same one for over a month without a leak. The hard plastic ones tend to leak after time. Just pop out the hard plastic one, and put the soft one in it's place.

Just another view, and to agree with all posts on the matter? The plastic caps which come stock on the tank seem to work better and allow for more juice capacity. The silicone replacement caps seem best for longevity and definite for leaking issues. If I had an unlimited supply of either? I'd choose the plastic stock caps for the A atty.....silicone for the increased capacity type B atty.

Good points mav, I've had relatively good luck with both..leaking issues outside of the general normal condensation are nonexistent with either cap. Those of you who own the C: I have been having a few issues with "draw". Since using my new juice which I've been mixing predominantly with PG (60/40 or so), I've had a few funny draw issues where it felt like I was drawing on something clogged...like solid..total resistance..still get about the same vapor..its just annoying and unsatisfying. I've pulled it apart and blown air through the atty and the cone piece (not sure what its called...where you seat the atty). The cone piece seems to be more the culprit. couldn't be the atty as I just switched it out yesterday to try and fix this problem. (general tinkering seems to fix it eventually). Using the SR atty instead of the LR atty as it seems to consume less vapor and i'm not worried about taste as these flavors arent my favorite anyways.

Any ideas? I've been trying good upkeep, dropping 1-2 drops of liquid directly on the atty and drawing on the tank a few times with the battery shut off between tank refills. Any body else have any tips for upkeep they practice?

Edit: mav did I just see you post a similar issue in the reviews section? Haha.

Double edit: i'm thinking maybe i'm having a better draw when having the atty rotated in a particular way depending on how I hit the ecig (button face up atty opening face down, and vice versa) .. Only speculation though.

Edited by dragaa

Dragaa. Your moving right up in posting and giving some nice feedback on the tank....and yes, I did allude to your observations in another post for C atty.

The problem here is the tank itself IMO. Everything under the tank performs flawlessly and I've spent virtually no time messing with the lower components. Not sure what viscosity your running on juice, but the easy wick adjustment does come into play here. If your getting juice into the "seat" which holds the spike? Your unit is feeding too fast and wick needs pushed up in the spike. Seems your doing everything right but we're at the mercy of a tank system that does not allow consistent flow to the spike itself.

One thing worth noting......draw very easy on this unit. Sharp or hard draws will increase the clog syndrome you mention. Going to try something soon and will be punching a hole in the tank right above the bubble line, and near the lower baffle (under the juice fill level when right side up) and see if this tank will feed the spike better.

Darn. They are so close but need to change the tank itself. Thanks for the feedback and stay the course.

Hey, thank you. I feel like i'm over doing it on the posting sometimes but oh well :). Just glad to be a week off cigarettes and have only this forum and its wonderful members to thank! (even if they did advise against the C a bit). I'm enjoying this method of vaping and happy with my purchase and consider any issues i'm having as interesting more than frustrating..as I know I have a great support system in this forum.

Had something else happen in relation to the tank itself, although it happened to my girlfriend's while I was at work. The part of the tank that holds the juice let juice into the area BELOW that part, right above the hole. It then turned a burnt orange color, a little bit darker than it was previously. Can't figure out how to remove it from that part of the tank although I haven't tried much..just put that tank aside for a new one.

Edit: (Sorry, couldn't find the edit button on the computer, usually use my phone.)

Two cartridges, or tanks, down. This time, its my tank. Seeping into the area below the cutoff area. Tried sucking it out, got juice all up in my mouth. Not awesome. Can't actually get it all out. Took a picture and e-mailed Ovale's customer service..hoping for replacements or suggestions from them. I hear their customer service is top notch..high hopes. My blue ones are still in service, the white ones aren't. Strange.

Hello Patrick, I completely understand your issue, since I have it myself. Heavy / frequent vaping can cause excess condensation within the tank as well as cause some of the juice to be pulled up and through circulation holes. So far are current tank design has reduced this effect yet it still presents a problem for some ( myself included ). Personally, when I encounter this issue I bite down lightly on the end of the tank ( see attached picture ) which should squeeze out the cap piece. You should now have access into the section where the build up occurs. Longer, lighter drags should reduce the effect as well, though, I have difficulty doing this myself. I hope this helps. We are always working on design improvements so perhaps we will resolve this completely in the future. Thank you for your business and I'm so glad to hear about your positive experience with the eGo-C. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

- Kurt

Me: Meh.

Beating a dead horse here and talking to myself probably, but my girlfriend discovered today that the actual ENDS of the cartridges will bite off allowing you to clean the inside of the mouthpiece if you have leakage. Great tip I thought. Didn't realize that while reading his response.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also a first time Ego user. (I consider myself a first time vaper, but I did use blu for about 4 months before going back to analogs.) Mine has been running great. About 3 weeks in and I have lost one atty due to twisting a tank on it too hard and twisting the spike out...for some reason when I put it back together it kept shorting out my battery or something. Just tossed it.

I run though a lot of different flavors and have about 15 carts in motion with 5 cones currently. I love the system. Some things I have learned.

1. Make sure you pierce the tank fully and use a paperclip/bobby pin to remove the plastic piece you punched out as best you can. That can heat up and melt/taste nasty.

2. Long, light, easy draws are ABSOLUTELY KEY! You will always condensate on the tank, but lighter draws make them last longer and stay cleaner, and will allow you to keep fluid flowing.

3. They atty system is designed to have your suction help feed/wick to the atty. Do not just press the button unless you are dry burning for some reason. You need to have fluid moving for a solid vapor.

4. Make sure your tank is seated well. It should go without saying, but there is a learning cuve on this. (I am an offender here.)

I love the Ego-C system, super cheap to operate and simple to use. Flavors are a breeze and the Vapor/taste/throat hit are all excellent.

I am going to invest in some 510 compatible carts in the near future. Any suggestions from Veterans of the 510?

Thanks to all who have helped Dragaa and by doing so myself. Much appreciate the wisdom you have all shared.

I am also a first time Ego user. (I consider myself a first time vaper, but I did use blu for about 4 months before going back to analogs.) Mine has been running great. About 3 weeks in and I have lost one atty due to twisting a tank on it too hard and twisting the spike out...for some reason when I put it back together it kept shorting out my battery or something. Just tossed it.

I run though a lot of different flavors and have about 15 carts in motion with 5 cones currently. I love the system. Some things I have learned.

1. Make sure you pierce the tank fully and use a paperclip/bobby pin to remove the plastic piece you punched out as best you can. That can heat up and melt/taste nasty.

2. Long, light, easy draws are ABSOLUTELY KEY! You will always condensate on the tank, but lighter draws make them last longer and stay cleaner, and will allow you to keep fluid flowing.

3. They atty system is designed to have your suction help feed/wick to the atty. Do not just press the button unless you are dry burning for some reason. You need to have fluid moving for a solid vapor.

4. Make sure your tank is seated well. It should go without saying, but there is a learning cuve on this. (I am an offender here.)

I love the Ego-C system, super cheap to operate and simple to use. Flavors are a breeze and the Vapor/taste/throat hit are all excellent.

I am going to invest in some 510 compatible carts in the near future. Any suggestions from Veterans of the 510?

Thanks to all who have helped Dragaa and by doing so myself. Much appreciate the wisdom you have all shared.

Glad you enjoy it as much as I have. I'm learning more and more nearly every day. it is a very cheap device to maintain, definitely. Cleaning (boiling) is a snap and the attys come out surprisingly clean and after drying and priming with a little juice they hit like a champ once again. Very impressed still. Wishing for a 510 sized C atty for going out. In time hopefully.

I was spending quite abit on vaping supplies amonth myself. 5 ml a day...adds up quickly. $100 a month. I just recently converted over to DIY mixing and buying only PG and VG and flavors of my choice. I do not need nicotine anymore. So I was able to cut my costs by about 60% again. So I am now only spending $40 a month on juices. Got tons of batteries and such. so DIY mixing is the way to go!!!

dragaa what is your boiling technique? I have simply been using rubbing alcohol and it seems to work fine. I haven't really found good info on a solid method for cleaning the Ego-C atty yet. I have considered diet coke, or boiling in water, but have not experiemented as of yet because I have enough attys in rotation where none of them have been used consistently enough to degrade yet.

Any other suggestions for cleaning of the C atty or is boiling/alcohol the prescribed method you think?

Calebw, I am a menthol guy who certainly needs his nicotine at this point. I use 24mg liquid right now. Do you have any websites you would suggest for purchasing DIY liquid supplies? Im going over to the DIY section right now to check into it as it sounds like a fun weekend hobby for when I have extra time on hand.

Thanks again to everyone for helping out!

Edited by sasetrase