I Thought My Orders Were Going To Arrive Before I Left For Vacation.. (Shipping Woes)

slowtrain

So I ordered Cartridges for my starter e-cig from crown lion on the 5th. Juice from Vapor Talk on the 10th. Then an eGo, more juice, and some extra goodies from LiteCigUSA on the 12th. I was REALLY hoping everything/anything would arrive by now. no luck.. Now I'm going to Florida on a little vacation wednesday till sunday and i cant wait to get back and check the mail!

Tomorrow is two weeks since i started vaping and stopped smoking analogs. I love it but i gotta get used to how different getting stuff is. I knew where to get the best price on cigs and the magic number of cigs left that meant i should buy more. with vaping i don't have it down quite yet. ordering online, finding reputable vendors. guessing ship times. I'm bad at it.

Anyone else go through this? Got a similar story?

You should have your order from Vapor Talk & LiteCig this week. Most likely Crown Lion is shipping from China so it may take 2 weeks. Usually if you order from a US supplier you should have your order within 3-4 days. Dont forget Friday was a holiday so anything ordered on the 10th wouldnt have been shipped until Saturday. If your luck is anything like mine all your orders will arrive tomorrow after you have left for your vacation. :D

All my stuff sits for several extra days in KC every-single-time I order anything. :( Thought one order was lost since tracking said it was still in KC after 6-7 days. Midwest USPS sucks! Waiting on two orders that are stuck sitting in KC right now. Good luck with your orders though! :)

hahahahahaha yeah. at least it'll be easier coming home knowing I have a buch-o-stuff waiting for me. I'm starting to think that new england usps workers don't scan any packages because my tracking for both orders stops after it leaves the area of origin. VT last scan was the 11th in CA and LiteCig was the morning of the 14th in PA. oh well. I'm gonna try and check out a couple tobacco shops in orlando and see if I can find some juice or cartridges that will hold me over.

Vapor Talk orders almost always ship within 24 hours. Delivery time is about 2 days give or take. The exception is holidays. (Friday was a holiday) So if you ordered and it was after the cut off time, your mail piece wasn't picked up until the postal service was running again. That is however an exception, in general most orders are shipping on Friday :)

Bummers your order didn't show up on time for your journey. A new everything is a great way to start a new life. There are a few vendors (brick and mortar) in Florida, perhaps you could stop by and not only purchase a new startup kit for a backup, but you can try out new flavors on the house. Here are two:

Thevaporshoppe

Totallywicked-eliquid

Best of luck!

So of course my VT and LiteCig stuff was tracked as delivered on Wednesday! But, I found an actual Joye shop in the most unlikely of places! I was in Naples, FL (aka God's waiting room) and there was a small store called Vintage Joye. Full of 510's and egos and juice. The guy offered to let me sample juices and gave me 3 10ml bottles for $24 which isnt too bad for being in store. Very surprised and happy. If anyone finds themselves in southern Florida stop by and say hi. I wish a store like this existed in Boston!

so i got back a couple of hours ago and all of my stuff was in the mail box! charged the ego, tried a couple of flavors, what a fun return! Got scared for a minute because i kept getting dry hits after i switched back to the 1st flavor. i think the cotton was just too far down into the cartidge. should it be flush with the top? it seems to be working, just afraid im gonna burn the cotton.

If you are using the cartridges, the filler should hang about 1/8" (maybe a bit less) from the end. It needs to make contact with the bridge, mesh looking triangle, in the atomizer. The bridge draws the liquid from the filler to the coil. The filler is going to burn a little, there is really no way to avoid it.

I would suggest removing the filler from the mouth piece and using the direct drip method. Add 2-3 drops right on the atomizer and you should get about 7-10 drags before needing to re-drip. You will experience better vapor and flavor.

Edited by BirdDog

shipping can be unreliable sometimes, and some places are worse than others, there are several ups sorting facilities that hold onto packages for an extra day or 2 for no conceivable reason. If there was a vendor that shipped fedex, i'd use them almost exclusively. i've had usps packages arrive the next day or 4 days later from the same place. once you have it all down to a science, you get a good idea of when to order new stuff so that it arrives shortly before you need it, and you'll begin to learn patterns from different vendors, it just takes time, the first couple months are the hardest.

It also doesn't hurt to research a store front near you (aka brick and mortar) even if it's a couple of hours away it's better than waiting or slipping to temptation....just a thought, luckly we found one by us and it really comes in handy sometimes :cheers: