Lavatube

JayH503

Volcano will be selling the kits for $99.99 and the unit by itself for $69.99

The kit includes: The "aluminum body" Lavatube, 1 AW flat top high drain 18650 battery, 1 Trustfire charger, 1 Lavatube 3.0 Ohm 510 atomizer, 1 510 Drip tip and 1 leather case.

The kits will be available first, November 15th it says, (so far), before they will be selling the unit by itself.

I might go ahead and buy a complete kit, if they are available.

Also - Volcano claims to be the builder/designer of the Lavatube and they are allowing other companies over-seas to distribute it, while they will be the only company in the United States to carry it.

I highly doubt Volcano will be the only US supplier to carry these. Any supplier can order 50 units and sell them on their site.

Thats cool! We'll have an easier chance of getting one. :) I don't think they will be out on November 15th anyway. I'm probably gonna have to wait for a black Lavatube with blue LCD back-light display anyway. I don't like the red display color. The green display looks ok though. Most of the Lavatube photos show a red display, but I've seen some in blue and green also. RED YUCK! IMO

Looks like the over-seas customers/buyers are getting the Lavatube's already and all are happy with the quality. :) I'm waiting for Volcano I guess. I bet they will be sold out fast! :(

I emailed one of the Chinese suppliers. I'm still waiting for a response.

So did I, about an hour ago. LOL I'm waiting also. Hope we both have good luck! I found a supplier that had a black one with a blue LCD back-light display in the photo. I asked in the email if it positively came with a blue back-light. Want to make sure, if I'm going to all the trouble of ordering one. :)

Well...... I spoke to the supplier in China this AM. They will not sell the units for US distribution to anyone other than Volcano. They have a 2 year contract with L-Rider. :(

Nobody even answered my request. :( Guess it's "Goodbye to my BLUE LCD back-light" for now! Pissed!

I took the bait and preordered one from ecigwizard.com in the UK. I just got the mod itself-shipping included was 70.00. Hopefully it will get here safetly. I bought it as a cheaper backup for my Provari. Suppose to ship by dec. 10 maybe sooner.

Hey Jay, in 2 weeks, Provape will be offering the Provari with a blue screen and button.

Blue screen Provari. That sounds cool. I got on the pre-order list for the Lavatube. Thats what the email I got says anyway. I might get one with a red LCD back-light. Might not. The Lavatube got a good review from Scott on youtube though. Kinda thinking about waiting to see if a blue back-light comes later on. After all the fuss is over with. :)

I took the bait and preordered one from ecigwizard.com in the UK. I just got the mod itself-shipping included was 70.00. Hopefully it will get here safetly. I bought it as a cheaper backup for my Provari. Suppose to ship by dec. 10 maybe sooner.

Good price. Hope it comes sooner than later. Sounds like everyone is waiting, wanting to pre-order or waiting to get a pre-ordered one. :)

I got an email from Volcano and I'm on the pre-order list for the first shipment. Whenever that comes in. I did another search and found one under another name. It looks nice and the customer service rep told me that they will be ordering some with different back-light colors. :) Its a place in Portugal so the shipping would be costly I'm sure.

post-3271-0-09131200-1321578836_thumb.jp

I asked to get on the pre-order list and they said I was too late. :( Guess I'll just have to wait.

RESEND again. Some additional openings are expected. Thats what the Volcano/LavaTube forum says. :)

RESEND again. Some additional openings are expected. Thats what the Volcano/LavaTube forum says. :)

Thanks for the heads up Jay. I emailed them and I'm now on the pre-order list. :thumbsup:

Has anyone heard anything negative about the LavaTube, except that some people don't like it automatically switching down to a lower voltage while using LR atomizers/LR Cartomizers at too high of a voltage? That's not really a negative to me. I am looking forward to getting mine! :) :)

Here are some voltage tests for the Lavatube by a guy on another forum:

So here are my voltage tests with the Lavatube:

I tried it with Cisco 510 1.5Ω/1.8Ω/2.0Ω/2.5Ω, 306 LR 1.5Ω, 510 HV 3.8Ω, clearos 2.4Ω/2.6Ω & 3.0Ω/3.2Ω and whatever is the voltage, it's tasty and satisfying.

But for the test, i only keep a clearo CE2XL Arry 3.2Ω, the cisco 510 2.5Ω and the 510 HV 3.8Ω (only for the 6V).

The results:

Displayed.....W/out Ato.....With Ato

...3.0V..........3.04V...........3.02V

...3.2V..........3.23V...........3.21V

...3.5V..........3.55V...........3.52V

...3.8V..........3.89V...........3.86V

...4.0V..........4.10V...........4.06V

...4.2V..........4.32V...........4.28V

...4.5V..........4.68V...........4.62V

...4.8V..........5.02V...........4.95V

...5.0V..........5.23V...........5.15V

...5.2V..........5.46V...........5.38V

...5.5V..........5.81V...........5.43V

...5.8V..........6.15V...........5.55V

...6.0V..........6.21V...........5.75V

Another interesting thing is that when the battery is down (the display briefly flash), the Lava indicate 3.4V and checking with multimeter, it gives 3.42V (not bad)

And when i push on the switch with this battery down, asking for 4.4V, it still gives me 4.49V during 5s before flashing again (i did it 4 times to be sure ^^)