Lavatube

JayH503

I've only used a DC on my Provari a couple of times, but I was able to go up to 4.6V. Any higher and I got an error.

Must be the variance of each Provari and each dual coil cartomizer used. Everyone gets different cut off points. I'm guessing. :)

The thing I find intriguing is the rush to get a China PV that has no time in the field. The China copy PVs have not had a very sterling track record, early adopters got stung bad.

Do folks remember SLB's DSE905, the 'Screwdriver'. What a piece of work that was, Bauway couldn't even get a simple tube mod right, the disastrous 510N. How about Boge's juicer? All 3 of these went through some quick and numerous revisions.

I've already seen how the Lavatube's atty connector leans in two reviews,maybe the plastic top cap should have been metal. And what's the deal with it not able to fit a standard protected 18650?

My advice would be to wait out the first run and see how they work/hold up, and how the seller will be handling any problem units.

Hey....I have that less than stellar 510N. :) Replaced the switch, drilled vent holes, honed out the cap for Ego adapter acceptance; and one piece of junk turned into a nice 18500 mod. But your right, as it came in the box? Not good at all.

The LavaTube does get my attention considering it is VV at the same price of a good 18500 mod. Think once the smoke has cleared and all results are in? It may drive the price of 3.7 mods down, while competition will dictate terms in the VV market as well. I stick with 3.7 due to simplicity and only wanting to buy one type of delivery device. Looking at some 3.7 mods now and wondering why I'd purchase when the Lava is offered for the same price? Preliminary reviews indicate this is well worth the money for all the features it holds while I happen to like the feature whereby it drops the voltage as necessary......whether it tells you it did, or not.

Could not justify a Provari based on other needs.....but this changes the game.

Edited by maverick