Looking For Your Opinions!

Hello Vapers!

My name is Marcia Douglas and I’m a brand manager for a major US e-cigs company. We’re looking to re-invent our product line, and we’d like to go about it the “grass roots” way. Meaning, I'm hoping to chat with you lovely vapers to gain your valuable insights. We’d like your help to build you a better product!

I should mention I’ve spoken with Chris, your esteemed webmaster, who’s given me the “ok” to post outside the supplier forum as long as I do not promote or mention my brand (which is not my intention.) So, in the next few weeks I look forward to having some conversations with you about your “dream” personal vaporizer :)

To get the ball rolling,

What’s most important to you: battery longevity, cartomizer capacity, throat hit, flavor delivery, volume of vapor, or product overall weight?

Can’t wait to hear from you all!

Regards,

Marcia

Although I am not experienced as some I can tell you all of those mean alot. For me the flavor and volume of vapor which in my opinion would go hand in hand with the throat hit is huge. Weight and cartomizer capacity is not that huge of an issue in my opinion. Battery Longevity would help. Definetly I would say to produce a good amount of vapor with great flavor is HUGE!!! Size also for me is not an issue as long as the flavor and vape production is there. I think a good long lasting atty would help too. I know some of us are using it to quit analogs. So for me the vape volume and flavor is what draws me.

I would say honesty is a very important virtue.If you are just putting your name on one of the Chinese models like everyone else just tell us.We will figure it out very soon anyway.Flavor and vapor quality are top of my list ,batteries and liquid bottles are small and extras don't take up much space.And then there is price,some of us have unlimited funds to buy the latest fad but most of us have to try to keep the cost down to what we were spending on analogs or less to justify it.

What’s most important to you: battery longevity, cartomizer capacity, throat hit, flavor delivery, volume of vapor, or product overall weight?

They're all most important to me, but many of the choices can be achieved via the eLiquids and/or atomizers and/or tanks and/or cartos used, so to make a long decision short, I'll go with Long Battery Life for my number one vip choice as long as it's capable of handling the atties I throw on it.

1. Volume of vapor

2. Battery Life

3. Flavor Delivery

4. Throat Hit

5. Cartomizer Capacity

6. Overall Weight

susan55040:

Thanks for your feedback! Great to hear you're using vaporizers as a way to quit analogs :) I love a good success story!

mcquinn:

Couldn't agree more with you, mcquinn. Honesty first. Seems like you agree with susan55040 about flavor and vapor being top of the list. Price is always a concern too--it's all about striking a balance between top quality and affordability.

Uma:

Appreciate your response, Uma. What kind of battery styles do you find generally work best for you?

Kingbtheone:

Thanks, Kingbtheone!

jeffb:

Super list! Again, I'm hearing "vapor volume." Cheers

TroopX:

Always appreciate a lack of bs :)

Uma:

Appreciate your response, Uma. What kind of battery styles do you find generally work best for you?

The eGo. It has a 6-8 hr battery life and it's almost elegant in size. It's also fast to charge.

The 18650 size is my most favorite due to it's 20 hr life. (I use this size with my BSB and my RG). It takes longer to charge. Elegance is in the eye of the beholder.

When I first started vaping:

1. Throat Hit

2. Volume of vapor

3. Battery Life

4. Flavor Delivery

5. Cartomizer Capacity

6. Overall Weight

Now:

1. Cartomizer/Tank Capacity (agree with TroopX - non wicking tank)

2. Battery Life

3. Throat Hit

4. Volume of vapor

5. Flavor Delivery

6. Overall Weight

Edited by Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Me?I think all are important to an ecig smoker.But I must say that I am all for the flavor(do I really want to vape if it doesn't taste good).And vapor production,I like BIG FOG.Battery life helps,but I'm uaually close to an outlet so I can recharge.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For me, battery life. And, umm, yeah, battery life. There is also the... battery life. I'm a little sensitive on this one. I've only been Vaping for 8 weeks, now. I went to the e-cig reviews and picked one of the recommended ones for beginners. It had terrible battery life (less than an hour). I had to go back to analogs. It was the WORST let down.

Also, there is dishonesty in the advertizing of just how many analogs equals one cartridge. One carto is about 2 to 3 analogs, don't lie. Nicotine through Vapor is not as transferable as an analog's transference. So, yeah, battery life. Then flavor. Flavor is important to noobs like me. At first, all you want is something that tastes similar to what you smoked. That's not really going to happen. And your mind isn't really open to things like Coffee or Cotton Candy. It's almost repulsive! (At first). But, once we're off the bottle (baby bottle, Ha), then we like to explore.

So, please be honest. We really won't go back to analogs, most of us. Really. Just be nice. We noobs are sensitive, at first-- just like all newbies.

Thanks for asking! (See? I'm now learning to say "Please" and "Thank you")

for me battery life is number 1, second would be throat hit, 3rd would be vapor volume,4th overall flavor/ performance, 5th would have to be weight. I run a E Power 14650 right now and love how its one unit and just change the battery. oh and I have to add 6th price of unit and also price of cartomizers atomizers etc.

I use a provari, battery IMR 18650 3.7V 1800mAh (whatever that means). I just call it "Peace of Mind". :) I have 3 batteries, two in the charger. I know that's over-kill, but necessary to me after my experience with my first kind of e-cig. I don't trust 'reviews' anymore. I think this forum is the way to go. There should be a forum review post just so noobs won't get taken in like I did.

So, after batteries, then flavor. Now I have to figure out this carto vs atty thingy.

Edited by Breal

1. vapor 2. flavor 3. battery longevity 4. cartomizer capacity

my personal ideal pv = Something smooth and sleek looking not too flashy, battery life to last me a whole day of medium/heavy vaping, something not so heavy that i cant put in my pocket and forget its even there, great vapor and taste from start of a fully filled cartomizer to the last drop. Something that looks like a whole unit rather than , heres the battery, heres the atomizer, heres the button, etc. at least thats just my personal ideal pv,

@twelveday Ok, that was just beautiful. Can you imagine? Now, THAT sounds like a dream. And, if it can be imagined, it can become a reality. But you forgot cost. Cost is very important.

I'll add one more thing: What if there were a different design to cartomizers that wasn't so messy to fill. What if the juice were designed the consistency of a full flavored caramel you just pop in and go. It should last all day (say, 5 ml worth), which is about a pack of cigarettes. Just press a button for about 3 seconds when you want to start vaping, almost like lighting a cigarette. Just saying.

They tried gel eliquid and it didn't work.Once you heat it up it thins out and runs everywhere .We haven't strayed too far from what started it all.They really did do some awesome engineering back in the day.

They tried gel eliquid and it didn't work.Once you heat it up it thins out and runs everywhere .We haven't strayed too far from what started it all.They really did do some awesome engineering back in the day.

Curious. What did start it all? The furthest I can think is just plain tobacco in its dried state -- burned and inhaled. Now, it is turned into a liquid -- heated and inhaled.

What was I thinking??! Ha!