My first dripper

Although I have a couple of the Triton RBA, I just don't want to be building coils at the moment -- no patience. If I can't buy pre-made, I won't be using them at the moment.  :D

23 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

The 40W-TC recognizes (works with) any wire in VV/VW mode, but in TC mode, it will only recognize Ti or Ni200 wire to regulate temp properly.  Some mods will recognize SS as Ti wire, some won't, so I'm not sure if the iStick will or won't, but I do know it will work with Ni200 wire, so changing your order will guarantee the coils will work properly. :D

VapeNW was able to cancel my order, issue an instant store credit so I could redo my order with the correct coils. Done. Thanks for the assistance in spending my money. The bank will be happier to know that my account isn't so full now.  :lol: 

Edited by Tam

Just now, Bebop said:

Hilarious.  Hope you enjoy Tam!  :D

Thanks, Bebop. I've been reading all the posts going on about TC and was thinking (somewhere far in the distance of time), that I might want to look into getting one... some day. With Cany and Earthling both ganging up on me, I guess that some day turned into today.   :wallbash:

Even while I've been reading all the posts about TC, it doesn't mean that I retained any of the information. I'll be asking questions like a noob when my order comes in. You've all been warned.  :evil:

47 minutes ago, Tam said:

Thanks, Bebop. I've been reading all the posts going on about TC and was thinking (somewhere far in the distance of time), that I might want to look into getting one... some day. With Cany and Earthling both ganging up on me, I guess that some day turned into today.   :wallbash:

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today :clap:

In order to run .4 ohms SS in Ti mode if you want run 400f you have to set the temp at 150f, Eleaf 40w TC will only go as low as 200f, got the info from Steam engine. If I remember right don't you have a RBA for that triton? 

35 minutes ago, FXRich said:

In order to run .4 ohms SS in Ti mode if you want run 400f you have to set the temp at 150f, Eleaf 40w TC will only go as low as 200f, got the info from Steam engine. If I remember right don't you have a RBA for that triton? 

I've got four RBAs for the Triton, I just don't have the patience these days to build my own coils.  :lol: 

Ni200 is hard to build with anyway, I did it once then went back to SS. The only Eleaf istick TC that will do SS is the 100w and I know you don't like separate batteries. The only thing I really enjoy about TC is when you run out of juice you won't burn the cotton. 

49 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Ni200 is hard to build with anyway, I did it once then went back to SS. The only Eleaf istick TC that will do SS is the 100w and I know you don't like separate batteries. The only thing I really enjoy about TC is when you run out of juice you won't burn the cotton. 

If I remember correctly, Ni200 isn't awful to build with as long as you torch the wire first. These days, with the stress levels going up, I'm trying to simplify everything I can.  :D 

Ni200 is just a little springier and deforms easier.  I usually just build em normal, wick them, then do a final little tweak with some pointed tweezers to even them out and they're good to go.  You will figure it out pretty fast.  

Personally I prefer the Ti wire over the Ni200, but I don't use either one for TC, I had a couple of rolls of each, but gave them away due to not liking it, and now just use SS for TC, but at least I tried it. I suppose if I would have built more than one coil with Ni200 I probably would have gotten used to it, but didn't like the nickel taste.

8 hours ago, FXRich said:

I suppose if I would have built more than one coil with Ni200 I probably would have gotten used to it, but didn't like the nickel taste.

It took me several tries to get a handmade Ni200 coil I could live with... and you're right, Ni coils do have a "taste" on the initial few hits, but it goes away.  I'm sure its the coating and oils from your hands being burned off?  Torching them may help with that flavor, but I've heard that was not a good idea to do for Ni coils?  Even the factory pre-made Ni200 coils I've bought for my Subtank Mini have a slight "taste" for the first few hits, but after that, the flavor really opens up.  I really wish they pre-made Titanium coils for the mini...

Ti is easier to work with, and SS is even easier than that, but most TC mods under 100W won't work with SS (correctly).

Using TC on my 75w mods, and the 120w mod seems to be the same, but they are both Kanger mods, I think TC probably varies between different brands because of different boards, and chips on the board. The only thing that seems to vary for me is what juice I use, all my juice is 30PG/70VG, but the temp seems to vary depending on the flavor. SS works well for me with all my mods including the Subvods, so I think I will stick with it, I better because I just ordered 2 more 50m rolls of it when I already have 2 1/2 rolls of it, didn't really need it but was ordering other stuff and decided to add it in.