Are Mech Mods Going The Way of The DoDo?

I seriously doubt they will go away... mostly because so many of them just look so darn nice :)

But, for me... yeah, mine have been cleaned, polished, and stored away ... waiting for the time when I can convert my old cigar humidor into a "smoking" display case for my mechs :)

I've seen the light on "regulated" devices... which is the key to consistent vaping, regardless of high-power.  I'll take my IPV-mini's over a mech any day of the week... even the V1, 30W models (which are in rotation with Cloupor minis as my daily rigs)!

Edited by Earthling789

But...But...What About the Apocalypse???
When the simple mech will be the only reliable system left.
Nemi's used like money!

I Jest.

I save back one battery with a 3.7v charge for my first morning vape in my Nemesis.
1.5 ohms = 9 watts.  Then I put in a fresh battery.

Could use a Kick, but where's the Fun in that!

I think Mechs will always have a place. They may just not be as mainstream as they once were. I have one now and do not plan on having any more. If I do get one it will be because this one I have is no longer usable. My daily in a 40watt DNA and it is all I need to be happy.

Saw a Copper Nemesis on FT in the morning and by the next day,
SOLD OUT!

Wanted the red tube set for the Nemesis...SOLD OUT.

Same with most of the other colored tube sets.

For a dying breed, they sure are selling well.

Mechs will always have a place with me, as will VV/VW devices. I just use them for different roles.

mymods.jpg

My Sigelei 150/Subtank combo is perfect for all day no-hassle vaping. I use my Nemesis & CLT V2 for desert type flavors after a meal or whenever I want to try something different. I also use the mech whenever I don't feel like carrying around a huge box mod. 

Its actually the low powered VV/VW devices which won't fire sub ohm coils and the tanks with restrictive air flow that I find are no longer useful to me. The Provari/Kayfun combo above is a good example. Just sold them recently.

Mech mods may not go away but all of mine are sitting collecting dust.

I have a V3 Tronix Flip, a Wood Fairy Mod, and a copper Viggo . All are original. Since I don't use them at all anymore I may get with VT admin and help set up a contest of some sort and give one or all them away (don't tell my wife she would kill me as I spent a lot of money on them). Sort of my way of giving back to the vaping community. I don't know, I guess I could just sell them. Still mulling over the idea. I return back stateside in 3 weeks so hopefully I will have an idea what I want to do.

Edited by dragongunner