Kanger AeroTank (got mine yesterday)

They're still working on the drip tip as it's a loose fit and wobbles, they haven't yet begun to mass produce them yet. They have once again redesigned the wicks going back to the longer shaft. This tank boasts no leaking because the base of the wick is no longer exposed to the top of your battery, it's completely enclosed. It's Dual coil with two 4ohm coils so it hits at 2ohms. I've been vaping on it at 3.6 volts and it's producing about twice the vapor I was getting from the ProTank 3 with the same juice, Ohms and volts.

I'm finding this tank to be far superior to the PT3 and I can't wait until the final product is out. If you have any questions about the tank or want other pics I haven't thought to take please let me know.

All side by side comparisons are with the ProTank 3 on the left and AeroTank on the right.

r0221vysqv51vh52g.jpg yh3ylzyejw80ply2g.jpg 5gkmu1ifmj5br252g.jpg jon0zva52vi15tb2g.jpg

l32715i2ke74aj62g.jpg 0e252rjxxn20d892g.jpg px4sqb0hruq51x52g.jpg x3nfrc67y94nk722g.jpg

oohvr9smhptlvta2g.jpg 9w10t9yl578ii0d2g.jpg jhcwakqm1k5ffwl2g.jpg 6picrg8zy4r2vrx2g.jpg s28wep4uivz292t2g.jpg

b5qldpmjo4mwktt2g.jpg 020n1rsty8dt2vb2g.jpg 55i7dnw66k7wxfx2g.jpg 25uygm9ufbark992g.jpg

Update: I've started pushing this tank to the limits. Only problem is I haven't found any. I'm now vaping on it from 8-15 watts and getting amazing results. No burnt taste and huge clouds. When I have the air limiter wide open, BIG PUFFY CLOUDS, as I close off the air I start getting throat hit and with it fully closed I feel the hit in my lungs.... WOW!

I really love this tank.

Edited by HnyBear

I cant tell by looking at these photos....

Basics 101: coil has to be exposed to juice thru wick but must also have air passage. You say itt's totally enclosed so no leaking...

So where is the air passage to the coil?

I cant tell by looking at these photos....

Basics 101: coil has to be exposed to juice thru wick but must also have air passage. You say itt's totally enclosed so no leaking...

So where is the air passage to the coil?

Ok I might have not said that clearly. The bottom of the wick the part that normally touches the battery is enclosed in it's own housing once screwed into the base. The wick is exposed on the top still. The air passage comes through the three holes in the base with the adjuster. So it's not completely enclosed. However it does now prevent leaks into your battery or top of your mod. I've put some of the thinnest liquids I can find through it, and I haven't had any leakage. Not through the airholes or under the wick.

They're still working on the drip tip as it's a loose fit and wobbles...

Try removing the drip tip's O-ring, running a wrap or so of dental floss around the O-ring's channel, and replacing the O-ring. That should snug things up a little. :yes

Try removing the drip tip's O-ring, running a wrap or so of dental floss around the O-ring's channel, and replacing the O-ring. That should snug things up a little. :yes

Yeah I replaced did that same day I got it. Good advise though. Can't wait til they send me the finished version of the tank. They should start mass producing them within 2 weeks.

The 2s were a huge disappointment the air flow was horrendous I could barely get a draw off of it. I also had flooding problems often..im gonna try the aero when I find one and see how it goes. You have a store Troy?

Yeah I replaced did that same day I got it. Good advise though. Can't wait til they send me the finished version of the tank. They should start mass producing them within 2 weeks.

Um, how did you get one BEFORE they started mass producing them - however, aren't they already mass producing them?

Thank god they made big improvements. I was a huge fan of the protank one then completly let down by the two and three...cant wait to get my hands on the aero

I absolutely LOVE the KPT2, but it's all a matter of personal opinion. I've never tried the original KPT, though. I came into glass tanks when the Davide came out and went from the Davide to the KPT2.

I absolutely LOVE the KPT2, but it's all a matter of personal opinion.  I've never tried the original KPT, though.  I came into glass tanks when the Davide came out and went from the Davide to the KPT2.

I like the ideas in the 2 but the design isn't very good if had nothing but issues with it since I got it. I love that it has the removable drip tip and the entire body can be disassembled but the draw is far too tight, I have a constant flooding issue and I find the juice pops and I get hot e liquid in my mouth.... Not a fan

Dual coil? Can it still be rebuilt and could I put normal KP coils in there if I wanted?

I like the ideas in the 2 but the design isn't very good if had nothing but issues with it since I got it. I love that it has the removable drip tip and the entire body can be disassembled but the draw is far too tight, I have a constant flooding issue and I find the juice pops and I get hot e liquid in my mouth.... Not a fan

I had the same problem with the KP2 on my lavatube but it fires fine on my Vamo and I love it. I think the LT was blocking the air holes on the 2. I've only had a kp2 and a kp mini, if its an upgrade to the kp2 I'll give it a shot since I'm already in the market for more tanks.

Dual coil? Can it still be rebuilt and could I put normal KP coils in there if I wanted?

I had the same problem with the KP2 on my lavatube but it fires fine on my Vamo and I love it. I think the LT was blocking the air holes on the 2. I've only had a kp2 and a kp mini, if its an upgrade to the kp2 I'll give it a shot since I'm already in the market for more tanks.

Drewet I tried it on my sigelei zmax telescope, MVP V2 and on an ego twist and it did it on them all. I thought may it was the dual wick so I pulled on and it would just flood to all hell so I replaced the entire coil and it was the exact same way... I gave up on it and it just sits on my desk now :-/ a shame because I loved the KPT 1

Drewet I tried it on my sigelei zmax telescope, MVP V2 and on an ego twist and it did it on them all. I thought may it was the dual wick so I pulled on and it would just flood to all hell so I replaced the entire coil and it was the exact same way... I gave up on it and it just sits on my desk now :-/ a shame because I loved the KPT 1

That sucks from what I read a lot of ppl didn't like the KP2 because of its many issues, maybe I just got lucky and recieved a problem free tank. Its to bad because a bad product can stop many people from trying any other products from a company. I would sell it or give it away and get something I could use, it would suck for that to be your backup tank it you had to use it for some reason. (But I'm sure you have plenty of tanks).

That sucks from what I read a lot of ppl didn't like the KP2 because of its many issues, maybe I just got lucky and recieved a problem free tank. Its to bad because a bad product can stop many people from trying any other products from a company. I would sell it or give it away and get something I could use, it would suck for that to be your backup tank it you had to use it for some reason. (But I'm sure you have plenty of tanks).

Yea I just let it go and ventured into RBA's and love it.... The good thing about this industry is it's growing so fast and there's always options... I am going to try the aero tho it seems like a good tank

REally? I haven't heard about a lot of problems with KPT2, and a lot of members here swear by them. Not saying every one is a good one, though. It happens. I have um, six currently in use, and if I ever get the Pluid smell out of the one my SO gave me, I'll have seven, but I'll likely have to replace ALL the o-rings and seals on it before I can use it - that Pluid flavor really sticks (three washes, nearly a 24 hour vodka soak, and three more washes and everything still smells like Pluid, even the glass, that has no rubber on it). Frankly, if it were an original KPT and didn't come apart like like this, I would have pitched it after pulling it out of the vodka, but I'm willing to work on it a bit longer before writing it off, since it can come apart, I can take the rings and seals out and replace them and whatnot. But yeah, if it was an evod, I would have pitched it.

REally? I haven't heard about a lot of problems with KPT2, and a lot of members here swear by them. Not saying every one is a good one, though. It happens. I have um, six currently in use, and if I ever get the Pluid smell out of the one my SO gave me, I'll have seven, but I'll likely have to replace ALL the o-rings and seals on it before I can use it - that Pluid flavor really sticks (three washes, nearly a 24 hour vodka soak, and three more washes and everything still smells like Pluid, even the glass, that has no rubber on it). Frankly, if it were an original KPT and didn't come apart like like this, I would have pitched it after pulling it out of the vodka, but I'm willing to work on it a bit longer before writing it off, since it can come apart, I can take the rings and seals out and replace them and whatnot. But yeah, if it was an evod, I would have pitched it.

Just a thought, how about trying to wash everything except the coil in hot water with dish washing detergent and giving it a good scrub. Other than the O-rings, the rest can take that easily without doing any damage. The O-rings might need to be replaced. Another thought is that you have the smell of Pluid in your nose so everything might still smell like it even though that smell is gone. I know when I get a whiff of something strong I feel like I smell it for the rest of the day. Just a thought. :)

Just a thought, how about trying to wash everything except the coil in hot water with dish washing detergent and giving it a good scrub. Other than the O-rings, the rest can take that easily without doing any damage. The O-rings might need to be replaced. Another thought is that you have the smell of Pluid in your nose so everything might still smell like it even though that smell is gone. I know when I get a whiff of something strong I feel like I smell it for the rest of the day. Just a thought. :)

Done it - both before and after the vodka - I always wash the tanks with dish liquid. And unless I'm right up on it, well, six inches from my nose, I can't smell it - which IS a sight better than it was last night. Last night, after I washed but before I set it up for the vodka soaking, I had the unassembled parts sitting on my desk and the smell was so overwhelming I put it in my tackle box until I was sure I had enough vodka to cover all the parts that needed covered. It's sitting on my desk not assembled now, kind of in a paper towel, and I can't smell it. I've already written off the o-rings and seals, I just have to make sure the shops around here that carry the tank carry the bigger rings, since I think it's a specific Kanger seal, isn't it? But the rubber has to wait 'til payday to get replaced, but I'm not in a hurry. It's not like this was a tank I was using that I need to get back into rotation. It's one that was dropped into my hands, literally. Don't think I have anything that I would put in another full sized KPT yet until January when I can get an order from Fadora. Wait - okay, so END of January.

Um, how did you get one BEFORE they started mass producing them - however, aren't they already mass producing them?

KangerTech sent me a demo unit to try out and review. It's the units they're using to test the new design. It's not a final production unit. At this time I don't believe they've started mass production yet. They are still inline however to release the tank in early February.

I pesonally didn't have any problems with my KP2 besides the airhole issues. I just seen a lot of postings (not just on this forum) about small issues that many people had with theirs. I only had one problem with mine and it was an airhole issue that is taken care of now. I like how the entire tank can be taken apart for cleaning, my KPmini broke the other day (apparantly they don't bounce just glad I had another one) and there was nothing to save since its just one solid piece but I kept the base (I have no idea what I'll do with it).

I personally like Kangers but I haven't tried any other brand so I have no idea if I'm missing anything. I never had anything survive a vodka soak so Pluid must be a STRONG smell, maybe another Vodka soak before putting it back together.

In other news I can't wait to see the final AeroTank in person. HnyBear you are so lucky, have you done work with Kanger before to make them choose you?

In other news I can't wait to see the final AeroTank in person. HnyBear you are so lucky, have you done work with Kanger before to make them choose you?

Honestly, no, I was just as shocked as you are. lol I live by the "it never hurts to ask" motto and in this case it paid off.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines