Does Vaping Cause Sleeping Issues.

I have been having serious sleeping issues and the only think I can link it to is it started when I started vaping. I sometimes have trouble going to sleep, and if I do fall asleep, I wake up after 5 hrs and cannot go back to sleep, regardless of hour tired I am. Anyone else experience anything similar?

I personally don't. I work so much that when I do crash I crash hard.

But yes vaping is known to cause sleep issues. Although it's not actually the vaping itself it's the nicotine. The same issues can happen with the patch, cigarettes etc. It's recommended that if you have sleep issues to avoid vaping as long as 2 hours before bed. 1 hour if you really have an urge. You may also want to step down your nicotine strength a couple hours before you know your going to sleep. We all tend to use vaping as a "relaxing time" before we go to bed. This unfortunately can cause unwelcome sleep issues.

Vaping right before bed can also cause "strange" dreams. Although reports have shown these tend to be...well naughty dreams. (seriously)

I would suggest a little time to unwind before hitting the bed. Read a book, calm music etc. I used to have the same problem. (Could fall asleep fast but would wake up after a few hours) What helped me was to avoid vaping right before bed, limit fast food or anything greasy and no caffeine of course. Having some type of white noise such as a fan also helps. I also picked up a comfy pillow from Walmart. (Cost 20 bucks I think)

I do not allow myself caffeine after 4 in the after noon, but I think I may start limiting it to the morning only. Analogs never gave me sleeping issues, that is why I questioned it. However, I will make a effort to try to eliminate it in the evening. Most of my vaping is done during daylight hours anyway. I have to have a fan, regardless, LOL. I am one of those fan people who actually travel with a fan. Thanks for your friendly advice!

Hi, I had a bit of insomnia when I first began vaping for maybe a week. I was packing to move at the time and at first thought it was that. I ended up connecting it to eliminating analogs from my 'diet'. Since then, I've had no issues around falling asleep and staying asleep (well, unless I'm stressed about something...). I vape 16 to 18mg right up to the time I close the eyes. In my unscientific opinion, the body and brain are going through some initial changes. The 'stuff' that is in analogs is no longer being ingested so the body is adjusting to that. Some people can drink coffee right up to the time they fall asleep and sleep like a baby. That I can't do and don't drink any caffeinated substance after 4PM as well. I'm sure things will even out for you.

I prettty much vape for four hours straight when I get home from work and when I used to use Nic I had trouble sleeping .It helped when I cut back to low nic ,now I am mostly on no nic and not having any trouble.I think it is supposed to be mostly gone from your system in an hour .

The only affect that vaping has had on my sleep is that I sleep a WHOLE LOT better knowing I dont smoke anymore. However, I have found that if I do vape too much before bed I wind up having a recurring dream featuring Christopher with an eGo,a pink tutu and a jelly doughnut. I'll save the rest of the dream for the mosh pit.....

The only affect that vaping has had on my sleep is that I sleep a WHOLE LOT better knowing I dont smoke anymore. However, I have found that if I do vape too much before bed I wind up having a recurring dream featuring Christopher with an eGo,a pink tutu and a jelly doughnut. I'll save the rest of the dream for the mosh pit.....

I have dreams like that sometimes to only it's usually Jeffb in a thong with his Joker. Hmmmm :evil:

I personally don't. I work so much that when I do crash I crash hard.

But yes vaping is known to cause sleep issues. Although it's not actually the vaping itself it's the nicotine. The same issues can happen with the patch, cigarettes etc. It's recommended that if you have sleep issues to avoid vaping as long as 2 hours before bed. 1 hour if you really have an urge. You may also want to step down your nicotine strength a couple hours before you know your going to sleep. We all tend to use vaping as a "relaxing time" before we go to bed. This unfortunately can cause unwelcome sleep issues.

Vaping right before bed can also cause "strange" dreams. Although reports have shown these tend to be...well naughty dreams. (seriously)

I would suggest a little time to unwind before hitting the bed. Read a book, calm music etc. I used to have the same problem. (Could fall asleep fast but would wake up after a few hours) What helped me was to avoid vaping right before bed, limit fast food or anything greasy and no caffeine of course. Having some type of white noise such as a fan also helps. I also picked up a comfy pillow from Walmart. (Cost 20 bucks I think)

I have not had any problems with sleeping. I'm like Chris, when I go to sleep it's more like I got anesthetized!! But I HAVE noticed a RISE in the naughty dream dept.! (seriously) Not a bad side affect........

Ya, I can't get to sleep earlier than like 2 o'clock. I should go to bed at 11 but I know I'm wasting precious time if I do. Those extra hours are valuable. You sleep 1/3 of your life.

It would be difficult for me to tell whether nic keeps me up because I've been having difficulty getting to sleep for years. My previous job caused my internal time clock to be whacko. I worked a crazy schedule from 8-8 or 12 noon-4 a.m then back to 10a.m.-midnight, etc. It's was 50+ hrs/wk of hell.

I usually go to bed after Leno or while Jimmy Kimmel is on. I am an anti-morning person. I growl before noon. I drink alot of diet pepsi but I changed it to caffeine free a year ago with no changes. So perhaps it is the nic. I should also try and use a low nic after a certain time. Granted, when I am asleep, I am like a bear hibernating. lol

Glad you are sleeping better. :)

I am sleeping a lot better since giving up the analogs. Mainly because I am breathing better and not waking up coughing or wheezing. The Nicotine will keep me up so I quit vaping about a hour before I plan to go to bed.

Opposite for me. I NEED to vape before sleep and also during, I keep my ego on a stand next to my bed in arms length. I sleep better this way. Without vaping I have trouble sleeping. However I have always had a sleeping disorder. Vaping seems to help me.