Underground Ecigs

After reading some new articles on the forum im beginning to think keeping Ecigs underground would be best for people who vape, suppliers, ect. Everything is good right now, so many sites(suppliers) to choose from, if you really think about it, what if all this changed, the FDA finally approves it but the suppliers online are hung out to dry and its sold in stores for insane prices, this whole idea has got me truely thinking keeping Ecigs underground would be good for us. Let me know what you think and if you think im crazy, EVERYONE POST YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS......the future of our life & money saving devices!

oh I have no doubt if electronic cigarettes became fully "approved" that prices would sky rocket. Eventually big companies would end up taking over, bottled liquid would be removed due to "safety concerns" (harder to tax) and of course regulation.

It would end up being a cartomizer only ecig world. Tax would be per pack.

oh I have no doubt if electronic cigarettes became fully "approved" that prices would sky rocket. Eventually big companies would end up taking over, bottled liquid would be removed due to "safety concerns" (harder to tax) and of course regulation.

It would end up being a cartomizer only ecig world. Tax would be per pack.

I know man that would suck, for you as a supplier and vaper with the FDA holding up shipments on alot of people recently, would you want Ecigs to remain underground and keep stuff the way it is running now or be exposed as this so called drug delivery device and have some new TAXED system in place....basically do you and everyone in this forum including me think Ecigs should remain underground!.....I think it should remain underground!

if it goes underground you can find me at the top of the black market as the jolly ecig kingpin of terror.

i will make my own nic bootlegger style!

I would personally prefer it to go underground then mainstream, and heck yeah i'd be bootleggin right with you!.......I should have edited this thread....vote ecigs mainstream or vote ecigs the way they are right now (underground)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest problem is that the cat is already out of the bag !!!

There are more and more vapers every day.....

you are right it is out the bag, we got total idiots IMO like rush limbaugh as one of the only people who has somewhat of a celeb status marketing these and I think that sucks, My whole thing with this topic is that I wish the Ecig industry would remain the way it is now, bcuz RIGHT NOW everything is good, its the future that worries me!

RE: Brian Im trying to stock up for a while right now myself but with shipments getting stoped by the FDA its going to be bs bcuz you spend a thousand and you might not get your money or what you ordered back!

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

The idea that once approved the prices will skyrocket doesn't seem realistic to me. The market is already set, if it is approved, why wouldn't the VT store keep selling at set prices? Taxes would surely be a part of the equation but even at 100% tax, its still a better bargain than tobacco.

I have stated many times that regulation of this industry would do far more good than harm. If you consider the history of some foreign countries quality standards, it is rather uncertain. IMHO

RE: Brian Im trying to stock up for a while right now myself but with shipments getting stoped by the FDA its going to be bs bcuz you spend a thousand and you might not get your money or what you ordered back!

I could be wrong, but I think shipments are only being siezed from China. Order from a stateside supplier and you should be okay.

The idea that once approved the prices will skyrocket doesn't seem realistic to me. The market is already set, if it is approved, why wouldn't the VT store keep selling at set prices? Taxes would surely be a part of the equation but even at 100% tax, its still a better bargain than tobacco.

I have stated many times that regulation of this industry would do far more good than harm. If you consider the history of some foreign countries quality standards, it is rather uncertain. IMHO

The future is UNCERTAIN on Ecigs in the states, IMO we don't know whats going to happen (prices, suppliers, even if they will be on the market at all) until it happens. Hopefully it works out for everyones (vapors) benefit and not our shiesty government/FDA/big tobacco. I don't see how you can compare or consider foriegn countries ways to the ways in the states its way different in alot of aspects, ecigs or not.

I could be wrong, but I think shipments are only being siezed from China. Order from a stateside supplier and you should be okay.

Thats the thing im buying wholesale from china, bcuz like you im looking at the big picture---------the future.

It seems to me that right now is not a good time to place big orders for individuals with the customs taking everything they can from China. Why not start smaller with US suppliers and see how it goes?

i just recently ordered from HC and it didnt get hung up in customs it came rather quick too. just order smaller packages not big packages so if they do get stopped you only lose a little bit of your shipment and not all of it. just a thought. yah you might be spending a little bit more to ship it but its better than placing a big order and losing all of your stuff rather than just lose part of it. IDK. lol but i like the e-cig world just as it is. i have this whole campus in vernon, texas and i dont think a single one of them even knows what an e-cig is. lol but thats just me.

It seems to me that right now is not a good time to place big orders for individuals with the customs taking everything they can from China. Why not start smaller with US suppliers and see how it goes?

I found a few placs to get Joye 510 attys pretty cheap. Attys and nic are the main things. Buying the nic to stock up actually lead me to start DIY, which worked out well.

Do I really need to consider stocking up? I just started out 2 months ago and I buy what I can, when I can. I'd hate to think I wouldn't be able to get supplies when I need them. Just how far is the FDA with all of this? Is it only certain states, or will all of them fall suit when the walls come crumbling down... like they did with indoor smoking ban?

With the internet and the ability to buy pretty much anything these days, I am thinking there will still be suppliers to order supplies from. I hope, anyway. :censored: Government!

Ive ordered from a bunch of US suppliers, and smaller orders around a 100bucks each definatly start to add to and delete your collection, but I have started to follow what goes on for wholesale prices bcuz if this whole ecig thing dosen't pan out I would like to be stocked up for at least a few years also lowering the nic so you can ween off and be done with nic all together.

We would never raise our prices willingly of course. I worry that big pharma will take over.

One of two things could happen.

1. Electronic Cigarettes are classed as Tobacco. THIS is what we want. (Out of two options this is better than the next) Most likely regulation will come, which isn't a bad thing. It means a set of standards will need to be followed and licenses will need to obtained. In all honesty, the industry almost needs it at this point. (Just look at Rath. *Shudders* who knows what's being mixed there) This option will bring taxes but not immediately. Remember the FDA cannot create or levy taxes. My guess is prices will not raise by much if this option takes place.

2. The electronic cigarette is classed as a drug delivery device. (Not so good) This would probably require much more testing and the ecig would probably classed as a nicotine cessation device. Liquid would be gone, higher strengths would most likely disappear and your looking at a device that would probably be sold much the same the nicotine inhaler is sold.

Again this is all speculation. Another thing to keep in mind is large companies. If ecigs become legal, large companies are most likely going to step in. Your typical Mom and Pop run ecig store will no longer exist. For fear of a lawsuit, most of these large companies will do whatever it takes to keep ecigs as safe as possible. (Not a bad thing) This would most likely include removing bottled liquid from the market. Even if the prices where raised only a little, could you imagine having only the option to purchase pre filled cartos? That alone would bump your monthly cost up quite a bit. It would indirectly become expensive.

Right now there is "ok" money in electronic cigarettes. The profit margin isn't quite as large as some would think. If your running the business out of your parents basement sure, you'll do just fine. But once you start adding in employees, office buildings etc your margin shrinks quite quickly. (Something we face) Thus prices would have to raise to cover these costs.

I'm not saying everyone should go on a stock up spree but I think we should all pay very close attention to the court case next month. I know we don't plan to disappear and we're already working on backups in case of an all out doom day. (Think American Made E Liquid) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Well said Chris, Hope for the best and prepare for the worst,....Alot of people including me get into this comfort zone where we think everything is going to be alright and then BOOM something drastic happens and we aren't prepared for it. I guess I was venting about my situation, but thats what people do sometimes on the forum.

Truly if this goes to the point where there are some regulations then that is a good thing, it needs to be as mainstream as SMOKING cigarettes, this is beyond serious, ppl are dying from ANALOGS, I don't want the prices to go up, I don't want the businesses like Chris's to go out, but if there is money to be made people will find it.

Chris could be a great distrubtor for Wal-Mart.....hehehe I am just saying, it is not just about us, its about saving someone's mom, dad, sister, brother, child, no joke!

I personally hope it gets classified with tobacoo, I agree with Chris that it would be much better and if you really think about it, this is not a stop smoking device it is really a warm turkey device, slow and easy and moving down slowly but still smoking, this is the key difference. If you notice on patches, gum, lozenges they all say do not use this product while continuing to smoke, the Ecig has never even been thought of as not using with cigarettes, many people just use them to get nicotine and "smoke" where they can't smoke an analog.

I think I am rambling, but I hope you all kinda get my point.

Julie :animier:

The future is UNCERTAIN on Ecigs in the states, IMO we don't know whats going to happen (prices, suppliers, even if they will be on the market at all) until it happens. Hopefully it works out for everyones (vapors) benefit and not our shiesty government/FDA/big tobacco. I don't see how you can compare or consider foriegn countries ways to the ways in the states its way different in alot of aspects, ecigs or not.

I think you may have misunderstood my comment. I was supporting regulation because I am concerned about the lack of quality standards with the materials we consume. China is a primary producer of the consumables and I am not confident in their quality standard history. Additionally, there are some providers that are creating the liquid as a "in home" business. My point regarding government involvement, which many people tend to run from is that it is needed in this industry for the protection of all.

One of the most positive reasons Ecigs going mainstream is going to be peoples health, that I think is the best thing bcuz Ecigs would save the lives of hundreds of millions of smokers, yes that is a great thing but the way our government is run I don't think that Ecigs can survive the way it is surviving right now going mainstream (what Chris said made perfect sence) We truely don't know whats going to happen until it happens, I didn't mean to get negative about this situation or even political and as far as American made products im all for them whether they are cars or whatever, Im a Union Ironworker and alot of people I work with carry the American made mentality, out of the 10 or 11 cars I've owned in my lifetime only one was foriegn, a 95 lexus and that thing ran forever, I would love to purchase a huge order off an american supplier to stock up for a few years but im not going to get wholesale prices and the majority of technolgy (Ecigs) are in China so going that route is a money saver in my eyes.....................................Basically in this thread I was asking people if they would prefer Ecigs to REMAIN THE SAME AS THEY ARE NOW or GO MAINSTREAM.

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ