One Thing I Do Not Miss About Smoking

I don't miss running to a store to buy a pack or two. I used to feel like such a sucker just asking for them. And even more of a sucker by shelling out so much money.

Spending $11.50, sometimes more, per pack that barely lasts a day and a half. I think now they're 12.50

OMG!!! My manager recently went to Chicago and told me that cigarettes are a little over $8.00 a pack. I thought THAT was horrible. That is complete insanity! They're only a little under $5.00 here. Wow.

Anyways...

I like not having to go outside at work. The dregs of society usually congregate behind the mall to fight, beg for money and cigarettes, and buy/sell... consumables that aren't exactly legal. Entertaining at times, but ultimately, no good.

OMG!!! My manager recently went to Chicago and told me that cigarettes are a little over $8.00 a pack. I thought THAT was horrible. That is complete insanity! They're only a little under $5.00 here. Wow.

Yeah NYC cigarette prices/taxes are ridiculous.

They're so expensive that before I discovered e-cigs, my buddy and I were considering taking a trip out west a couple states and pick up a bunch of cartons at those cheap prices!

Yeah NYC cigarette prices/taxes are ridiculous.

They're so expensive that before I discovered e-cigs, my buddy and I were considering taking a trip out west a couple states and pick up a bunch of cartons at those cheap prices!

NOT a bad idea. Even with the gas it would take, you'd STILL come out saving money. That is just completely insane.

NOT a bad idea. Even with the gas it would take, you'd STILL come out saving money. That is just completely insane.

A few years ago, my dad made a BIG shopping trip for analogs when we went to NC to see my older sister. He was surprised that you guys have cheap prices in the South. The funniest part? Trying to hide them from my younger brother! :lol:

I don't miss the stinky clothes due to smoking... don't miss the stinky car do to smoking and especially ash getting everywhere in my car no matter how careful I was...

odd thing is though, I liked the smell of smoke... I couldn't smell it on me when I was smoking so I didn't mind but man... I feel bad for people that had to be around me.

Mr. stinky cigy smelly man... :sofa:

Edited by Mainspring

I don't miss the holes burnt into my clothes.

I'm sorry, I had one Red Bull too many, sometimes I tend to lose control of myself. Good thing you signed that waver too :ph34r:

I don't miss the over flowing ash tray. I don't miss having ashes all over my desk.

I don't miss having ashes blow into my eyes while driving. :vava:

yeah, ashes, forgot how bad those were. Smoke in my eye was another one that got me alot while driving.

When I was in college, I was laying on my back, on a couch with my shirt off. I had the ashtray sitting on my belly/chest area. It was in college, so I was probably drunk or something and I was "tapping" my cig in the ashtray, repeatedly...until the cherry ember came off and rolled into my belly button.... My friend from school, who I talk to once a year, still wants to relive that story every time we talk.

I certainly don't miss that!

All of the above. The smell, cough, burned holes in everything, ashes on everything. In the house, the car.Being an outcast "smoker". And we just had our first full day of not smoking at all. Looking forward to cleaning the house and car. Smelling better, feeling better, tasting food in a whole new way. Breathing better! :thumbsup:

I cannot express what a blessing ecigs have been. For the first time in 40+ years I know I will never smoke another analog! And I had tried EVERY other smoking cessation product known to man. My husband and I are soooooo happy :jump:

I miss the waking up in the morning feeling like i was gonna die the most, the ashtray smell, the secondhand smoke i was delivering to people... what i miss about smoking is that cigs never give me problems.. you just light it up and smoke. Unlike ecigs, which for someone reason i have extremely bad luck with.. Constant atty problems, and god knows whatever other problems..

Edited by LinksZelda21

Pretty much everyone outlined what I disliked about smoking, The smell, going outside in the cold to smoke, hard to breath when only walking short distances, waking up with smoker's cough/flem, not to mention the criticism of smoking in general...

What I love about vaping is, I'm slowly weening myself from any nicotine substance! I only vape now when I relax or want to chill out. It's become more rewarding for me that way. :)