My Vaper Trail....so Far.

Everyone here has been so very helpful and supportive I thought you would all like to know how the first 30 ( or so ) days as a vaper has gone. On April 20th I got my first Electronic Cigarette. A nice looking KR808 from a company called SmokeTip. I was very happy with the everything about vaping except the vapor production. On to the web I go to do research, after looking up SmokeTips competitors a ran across this forum.

After a long night, and much of the early morning hours, of reading the posts here and making a few posts myself I decided to purchase a Totally Wicked Tornado. While waiting for my nifty new toy to arrive I order a bunch ( And I mean a whole lot) of E Liquids. Well for the next couple of days I bounced back and forth from analogs to my E Cig ( a one hour battery life was like a tease of what Vaping could be).

Then not only my Tornado arrived but a bunch of juices as well. I was like a kid in a candy store. If I was awake and not working I was Vaping. Trying this flavor, trying Direct Dripping, Trying 100% PG, Trying 100% VG, a 50/50 mix, Pyramid Tea Bag Mods, Straw Mods ( Face it if someone here posted something a noob could do then I was trying it).My obsession ( well ok maybe obsession is a tad strong of a word.. Let's say Hobby that way profession help isn't needed ;) ) was so bad that at work they took to calling my Tornado my "Crack Pipe".I was also on line just about every night looking over the VT forum and checking out every supplier that google could show me. I bought more Juices,A multi pack of batteries, and atomizers ( after all you have to have spares right?).

Then four days ago a tragic accident, while screwing one of my batteries into the charger I tighten it a bit too much and I broke the charger.Well I had four batteries fully charged and one hat was half charged so I rationed my vaping ( no more just sitting in front of the computer vaping away the night away just when I needed that nic hit)and placed an order for a multi charger from Totally Wicked. Well my rationing worked until today with all my batteries dead ( including the KR808) I had to break down and buy a pack of analogs I wasn't happy about it but I had to :mad: . Then this afternoon my new charger arrived and I put five batteries onto charge ( Yes five Tornado Batteries will fit on the multi charger). I then did something that I could not do the twenty years I was a pack a day smoker I threw away a half a pack of analogs. The amazing part was I didn't even flinch when I did it, just tossed them in the trash with out a second thought. Now I sit vaping away the night and letting you know how it has been going.

If my charger hadn't died I would have never pick up another analog. Now that I have a charger back (barring another major crisis) I will not be picking up another analog. Now I have to get a back up charger.....and maybe a Pass Through....and maybe a wetbox..... Somehow I dont think I am ever gonna stop buying PVs <shrug> I could think of worse fates.... Thanks everyone.

Congrats my friend! Setbacks aside it sounds like your doing great! I know I won't be the only one to suggest this to ya but a vaprlife VP/PT passthrough is nothing but pure joy for sitting at a computer vaping away. the 5v 'sweet spot' plus not having to fret over battery life, and an internal fuse to protect your connections, it is by far my most indispensable vaping toy, and worth every penny imo, when you can afford one I would highly suggest picking one up!

Great story - but please don't tell us you still only have one charger? I assume since you are using the multi-charger, you got the multi pack of adapters for charging. I love the tornado/ego, using them on friends as well so I hand these out with them. In conjunction with a USB wall charger (these can be had anywhere), or a computer, it serves as a great primary or backup. By the way, this charger is quicker than the standard charger with the adapter.

Also they are available here I think. Along with this and the free shipping you should be good.

And when I say this and this, I really mean these and these...multiple. Sorry for the preaching, there is nothing wrong with going back to analogs when in trouble (or even out of frustration), just pointing out it could have been avoided for about $20 and a little planning.

Hey Sean, You have now officially joined "the club". Its seems as though you have already learned your lesson about backups so I'll just say congratulations on sticking with it and if you ever need help in the future just remember that your Vapor Talk friends are here to help. :thumbsup:

Really great to have you with us and even better to hear yet ANOTHER success story with Vaping Vs. Analogs. FTJoe is on the money yet again with his pushing for backups.

(I'm STILL adding backups to my arsenal). I can totally relate to trying everything out there just to see if there's a magical pv I don't yet have, or a technique that I need to try out to see if it's my personal 'sweet spot' of vaping.

Another great thing about vaping is that it's constantly changing, upgrading and renewing. Awesome story! Keep on vaping! :thumbsup:

Glad you're back on track. And thanks for sharing your story with us.

As you may have noticed by now, several of us "preach" the back up thing. Now you know why. :thumbsup: You need backups for your backups. And then even more backups. Batteries, chargers, atomizers, juice, pass throughs...the whole lot. We even discussed having generators for when the power goes out. Brian now owns one because of being without power for a couple of days. :rolleyes: Car adapters would work, too, as you could at least vape in the car if the power went out. But of course you could use those for road trips, too.

There is nothing wrong with being prepared for any and all emergencies.

"Great story - but please don't tell us you still only have one charger?"-FTJoe

At this time yes, but as someone here posted 'If I am not waiting on something in the mail then it doesn't feel right' ( not a direct quote but close enough I think)soon I will be ordering another charger and some more attys and a passthrough the VP/PT is the one I have my eye on, but I'll wait until they get the green LED ones back in stock( and as soon as I can convince the wife that it's ok to spend the money)

"So what's your favorite niquid (I like that word) thus far and from where? "-noXious

Right now I have four 'Niquids' I use daily. The first is my morning Vape 99Vapors Coffee(Med Nic).

After my morning 'coffee' I switch over to 99vapors Whirling Dervish(Med Nic) (that is 99Vapors Camel flavor, What can I say after smoking Camel Wides for 20 years the flavor satisfies that analog urge)

Then after lunch I switch over to Rath Mt. Dewey(18mg Nic)(not my favorite flavor.It doesn't have a good Mt. Dew flavor I have some other MT Dew flavors on order, what can I say I am addicted to that soda so I got to try and find a juice, guess I am just insane :wacko: )

After work is when I jump around on flavors a few direct drips of this and that, a cart of another. But before I go to bed I load up a cart of 99Vapors Rising Sun (Low Nic) and vape that until I go to bed.

So I dont a favorite niquid but I do have four standards that I use everyday. I dont think those four will stay the daily niquids. I think as time goes by some will be replaced by others ( like a good Mt.Dew). I dont think I will find "The One True Juice" but the journey will be a pleasant one with a nice vapor trail behind me :smoke:

At this time yes, but as someone here posted 'If I am not waiting on something in the mail then it doesn't feel right'

Cool - in case you missed it I did post links for cheap USB charger and USB wall outlet at wordup. Think it will work, charges faster than the setup you have and is $17. I did see you are well armed, but the weak link as you found out was the charger. As with everything in life, there's a risk analysis you have to do. Mine was easy after taking an experimental drag of my old brand after a few weeks of being quit, I could not go back again.

Next up is some version of this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24036

That thing I linked to is a piece of junk and it was tongue in cheek...but I actually am looking at things like these...

I'm kinda jacking the thread now, later...

If I find anything decent I'll post a thread...apologies

I dont think there is anything to apologize for, You were offering help to a fellow Vaper. There is nothing wrong with that..And I thought the hand crank charger was a riot.The wife thought is was a great idea(she saw the price and was all happy) until I told her that you were most likely joking.

So please feel free to post ideas and suggestions all you wish, That's what VT is for isn't it?

Sounds like you're having fun learning what you like the most.

Keep up the good work it is a lot of fun.

And remember what nana always says...backups backups backups!!!!

Good luck and happy vaping.

Heck yeah man... no apologies! I was just getting a kick outta your ability to always hit the nail smack on the head! FTjoe, you just have a way of providing exactly what's need, in an "outside the box" kind of way!

At this time yes, but as someone here posted 'If I am not waiting on something in the mail then it doesn't feel right'

:whistle: Wasn't me.

Great recap of your experience. Congrats on your success!

"Proper netiquette should be observed though... "

Hey Joe, I really hope I didn't offend ya in any way. I was trying to imply how cool it is that you always go all out to provide the absolute best solution to anyone's concerns. You actually found a Hand-Crank USB charger! I had absolutely no idea those even existed! Most people would have left it at recommending a car-charger or something, but you were thinking "outside the box" to come up with the perfect power alternative. My purpose was to give "Kudos" to you! I hold your opinions and advice in high regards, sorry if it came out the wrong way man. :(

I'll shut up now...

Relax - I got it. I'm admonishing myself for not coloring inside the lines as far as the rules of the net go. It's all my bad!! I got a pass from the thread starter SeanPatrick, but have you run across jeffb? The mods around here can be brutal (but you didn't hear that from me)!!! Have to go now...just pretend I was never here...carry on

Relax - I got it. I'm admonishing myself for not coloring inside the lines as far as the rules of the net go. It's all my bad!! I got a pass from the thread starter SeanPatrick, but have you run across jeffb? The mods around here can be brutal (but you didn't hear that from me)!!! Have to go now...just pretend I was never here...carry on

:shuriken::police::harhar: LOL

That was an excellent story

Like Nana said--you can never have enough back up.

I vote passthrough---The only time I am not using a passthrough is when I am at work. No charging worries !!!

Keep on vaping !!!

Being a bit off topic is half the fun--