Pay It Forward

Mark

So here is my idea for this contest. Let's "pay it forward". The way the contest will work is you are allowed 1 post per person. In your post you can name any other person on the forum who has somehow either inspired you, Made you laugh, or just in general makes well-written posts or responses. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator based on the post number in the upper right corner of your post. The winner will receive the Red Palm mod and the person they nominated will receive the Zircote and Maple mod. One entry per person please. Contest is open to ALL members of Vapor Talk (you need to have 5 posts so that I am able to PM you). The contest will end Sunday May 16, 2010 @ 8:00 pm est. Good luck and have fun!!!

Note: I may post a few times during this contest. In each post I make I will also add 2 names within the post. If my post number is chosen the mods will go to the people mentioned.

Please note: These mods take a 14500 battery and 510 atty (not supplied)

MarksMods.jpg

Edited by jeffb

Me, me, me, want.

Paying it forward to Stormchas3r. He's new (like me) but a really cool guy that helps newbies all the time, makes friends fast, and I feel that he upkeeps and contributes to this forum's good reputation. I think he'd greatly appreciate this mod.

For insperation I have to say it is chris from Cali. I have watched him start vaping, become a reviewer, and launch his to a top notch supplier. He still take the time to reach for improvement of product quality and strives for safty for the benefit of all. He is now a father to boot. Regular superman IMO.

Well im pretty sure i have at least 5 posts! So i dont have very good luck! But I guess i could try this! lol! but yah i would love a mark mod! I would have to nominate chris! cause he has helped me out a bit and is very imformative! and has a great site..

I would like to say thank you to Sinikal. He got me started, and when I was new he hooked me up with some good equipment, and gave me a lot of support and knowledge. Thanks Sin!

I'm now going to include myself into this contest but I would like to pay it forward to a few people

1. JeffB - This is my right hand man, my partner in crime. Thanks to Jeff I'm not only able to focus time on the store but with my new daughter and wife. Jeff takes on greater forum tasks everyday some of which isn't seen on the front end of the site. So publicly, thank you.

2. Mark - This has to be the most giving guy on the forum. Mark is always full of life and humor. Your dedication to the forum is appreciated by everyone. Your mods are also awesome!

3. Moderators. Thanks for always keep the forum running smooth.

4. The Vapor Talk members, without you we wouldn't be here. Your support and gratitude is always appreciated. I may help create the stage but you put on the show. So thank you :)

5. My wife who I'm sure at times would love to walk over to my very expensive computer system and after pouring water on it, smash it to pieces. Kidding ;) But I do appreciate your patience and everything you do, our daughter isn't to bad either :D

Ok i thought about it for a while, I want to give it to someone who needs it and someone who hangs out with us on the forums and chat... SO my vote is ROOFIEPOPCICLE. He is a nice guy and fun to be around and i know he needs it and really wants one.. I have met so many wonderful ppl on this forum is was hard to say so i love you all.. and if some how i do win i will be donating mine to someone else who needs it or will be using it in the vapetv.com auction when we auction off another one of marks mods.. Mark thank you for doing this and everything thing else you do for us all.. <3 u bro

<3 u all ROOR

@whiskywill thank you so much bro for thinking of me but really i have one and would like someone else to have a chance, Your still one of my best friends in the whole world... just peas in a pod <3

Edited by ROOR

Way cool Schizo, I never thought anyone would say anything nice about me. :D Favor is returned brother, I'm seriously proud and happy that you got off the analogs. thumbsup.gif Check out the sales info I sent this morning, and go spend some money!

I want to mention kitsune here. She sent a bunch of tobacco flavors to me gratis, just asking that I, get this, "pay it forward" to someone else some day. How could I not shout out her generosity and community spirit in this thread? Way to go kitsune, and thanks for all you do for everyone.

Not to get all overboard and stuff, but nana and Brian have been a great support group for me, and willing guinea pigs too. ;) My days would be pretty boring without them stepping it up for me.

But without VT, none of that would ever have happened in the first place. Vapor Talk is a very special place, and a life saver for me. Thanks Chris. And what I really want to know is, how in the world will Mark ever get all the good he's done for us, to come back to him? Has anyone ever given so much? I don't think so. Thanks Mark, you truly are a giant among men.

Edit; I realized it might not be clear who in fact I'm nominating here. :D My pay it forward member is kitsune; nana and Brian already know what they are to me, and Schizo; well Schizo nominated me and I wouldn't feel right hedging the odds in our favor by doubling our names in the contest. I'm sure if we were neighbors he'd keep me up all night arguing and I'd never get any sleep. But I'd learn a lot. Thanks man.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Well..let me start out by saying that I don't think I would have ever made it this far without the help and encouragement of all my friends on the "short bus". Jeffb, Ofortuna, nana, Sinikal, and a lot more who were there for me in the first weeks of my turnaround from analogs. That bus really was what I needed.

And it goes without saying that if it wasn't for Chris and all his hard and endless work on this forum that a lot of us wouldn't be where we are on this journey. Thanks so much Chris for your tireless efforts.

But I must say that my most treasured thoughts and wishes still have to go to (and it really kinda hurts to say this...lol) Mark. He's been a real help and a great friend to me. I know he doesn't ask for anything in return, but his generosity is without reproach. He has help me on my trips to the Carolina's with parts and juice, and has never once asked for anything except to "pay it forward". So although he doesn't need the mod I still cast my vote for him with my greatest appreciation.

Thanks Mark!!!

This contest is harder than I thought. How can I possibly narrow down my pick to one person? Every single one of you has played a role in my vaping journey. But since I have to only pick one, I will nominate Ofortuna. Although she doesn't post a lot, she is a dedicated chatter. When I first joined VaporTalk, "O" was one of the only people in the chat room ( her and StevenP). She made me feel welcomed and answered noobie questions I had. She loves this forum and is dedicated to it. Although she already has a "Woody" I know she would "Pay it Forward" to someone else.

I am going to have to go with Brian!! He is an incredible contributor to the forum providing endless information and help!! (and a great sense of humor to go along with it!!) :thumbup:

This is really difficult because so many of the people who inspire me already have a Mark mod. I'm going to "pay it forward" to popsicle (ok, I cant think of how he spells his handle, but Mark knows who popsicle/Cory is) for the following reasons:

1. He's a really nice kid with his head and heart in the right place.

2. He has a crappy job and doesn't have a nice mod to vape on.

3. He makes me laugh, and that's aways a valuable and appreciated thing.

Thanks for the laughs Cory, I'm pullin for ya man.

I'd like to go ahead and nominate Brandon. In the relatively short time that he's been around the forums, he's made numerous posts filled with good information and great attitude. :thumbsup:

P.S. It's really hard to pick ONE person with all the inspiring, informative members here.

Hi allI I would like to make two nominations and exclude myself from the contest being that I have one of these beautiful mods form the last contest.

FTJOE and TERRIJO

Ftjoe really helped me when I first started out and patiently answered all my newb questions and gave me great advice

TerriJo is just a bundle of sunshine and made me feel extremely welcome from day 1.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE