How Much Juice Do You Go Through In A Month?

Hey guys, I'm just posting a curious poll. How much juice and of what strengths do you vape on average?

I originally wondered this about myself because I'm taking a month-long trip to China soon and was trying to decide how much to bring with me. Unfortunately I never really kept track of my intake. I'm sure many of you are probably the same way, but I figure those who have been vaping longer might have a better idea.

This is not a "public poll", which I assume means that your answers will not be tied to your name, so don't feel bashful about answering. But don't answer if you don't want to either, of course.

Edited by mmseng

I love the poll. It will be interesting to gauge the results after enough people participate! I tend to vape about 60+ ML of 16MG each month.

Great idea for a poll although it is set up a little awkward, <10Ml is essentially 0 now because you have to respond to each question. Once again, great idea for poll.

Personally, I know how much I consume each day and I think I am a pretty frequent vapor. I go through about 3ML during weekdays and 5ML on weekends.

If I was planning for a month, I would bring enough supplies to make 100ML, I do vape at 8MG now, I was at 24MG 6 weeks ago.

... set up a little awkward, <10Ml is essentially 0 now because you have to respond to each question...

Yeah, I was just trying to get a very approximate answer. Wasn't quite sure how to set it up. Almost failed statistics class. However the way I see it, <10ml per month is probably low enough (for an averagely heavy vaper) to be considered "not very much", so I lumped it in with 0 to cut down on the already large number of answers in the interest of user-readability and to encourage responses.

Sorry, I can't vote; the poll requires a vote in each category and I don't vape anything less than 30mg, ever.

Sure you can, you just pick <10ml in all other categories. Like I say, for the course of a month, for the very general purposes of this poll, <10ml is close enough to 0.

The point is, the poll should still give a decent comparison between nic levels. You simply strip out the <10ml answers and add up the rest of the ml amounts for each mg category.

FYI, as of this post, the results are:

0-10mg: ~ 140+ml / 13 responses ~ 10ml

10-20mg: ~ 220+ml / 13 responses ~ 16ml

20-30mg: ~ 195ml / 13 responses ~ 15ml

30+mg: ~ 80ml / 13 responses ~ 6ml

Albeit a very approximate, rounded-to-hell result, you can still see the bell curve in there. Of course, that's only good for comparing the nic levels, and not so much the average liquid volume per month. If I haven't screwed up my logic somewhere, then I believe you'd find that by simply adding up the results. 10 + 16 + 15 + 6 = 47ml, which is possibly a slightly low figure, accounting for my retrospectively bad decision to lump 1-10ml in with 0ml.

The only way to make it much more accurate without having an infinite number of poll options would be to just have everyone post exactly what they vape and then do the math. But I was trying to avoid the necessary paragraph-filtering that would entail. Plus, polls are fun!

Edited by mmseng

I had to put a response in each category in order to vote. I used the <10 for all but the one I really use, which is 20-40ml of 18(ish)mg.

Great poll !!!

It's interesting how most of the votes are cast in the 0-20 mg and for both those areas, 20-40 ml's of juice are used. But in the higher mg's, those users are also apparently using more juice (the ml's are higher, too) I would be sick if I were to vape high mg AND alot of it! (this is all assuming that for the most part <10 means n/a or 0) cool poll! :thumbsup:

I had to put a response in each category in order to vote. I used the <10 for all but the one I really use...

Yeah, that was the intention, although apparently it's not quite as obvious as I thought it was at the time.

Personally I tend to carry both a 36mg bottle (unflavored) and random lower-mg flavors, so i can get the hit/flavor combo I want. Incidentally, I've also noticed that doing this makes mixing flavors less annoying, although for the most part I still use fairly compatible flavors anyway.

Edited by mmseng

That is because you and I are the only true nicotine fiends on this forum and possibly in the whole world. :punk:

I'm not gonna knock you guys for using so much nic. I thought it would be a good idea for myself to gradually lower my intake. I tried vaping 48 and a lot of 36mg in the beginning then 24 then 18. I'm not happy with 18mg anymore. I don't think I will go up as high as you again but I have gone to a minimum of 24mg and am much more satisfied. I am going to mix up a small batch of something higher for once in a while and I also have zero nic, also for once in a while.

About 50 milliliters is close to what I use in a month

Edited by Mike

That is because you and I are the only true nicotine fiends on this forum and possibly in the whole world. :punk:

Sometimes it seems like it, but there are vendors who sell the stuff so we must not be alone. My brother's a high-nic guy too. It just takes more for some of us to make it. I've never had any ill effects, except when I was getting off analogs, which was a big cut even going to 48mg. At 36mg I was vaping non-stop and never feeling satisfied. At least now I can vape about as often as I smoked, and feel mostly comfortable. Perhaps I'm at a point where I could cut back to 36, but every time I've tried that it was very unsatisfying. Still, it's a goal. Save valuable nic base if nothing else! ;)

I think for the purpose of this poll we can ignore the <10 mil option and look at the remaining 4 categories for an idea of actual nic-juice consumption. So far it looks like the 40-60 ml @ 20-30mg is in the lead.

I'm not gonna knock you guys for using so much nic. I thought it would be a good idea for myself to gradually lower my intake. I tried vaping 48 and a lot of 36mg in the beginning then 24 then 18. I'm not happy with 18mg anymore. I don't think I will go up as high as you again but I have gone to a minimum of 24mg and am much more satisfied. I am going to mix up a small batch of something higher for once in a while and I also have zero nic, also for once in a while.

About 50 milliliters is close to what I use in a month

I started vaping in November. I couldn't quit smoking until I tried 48 mg which was about a month ago. Anything less than 48 mg makes me crave an analog and with 48 mg I don't crave analogs at all. So, from my point of view 48 mg isn't "so much nic" but the bare minimum. In my mind, if 48 mg was to be banned then e-cigs would have been banned because using them would be pointless. I smoked ultra-light cigarettes ,so I think 48 mg being much is just in people's heads. I'm probably getting the same amount of nicotine or maybe less than I was getting from ultra-lights.

Sometimes it seems like it, but there are vendors who sell the stuff so we must not be alone. My brother's a high-nic guy too. It just takes more for some of us to make it. I've never had any ill effects, except when I was getting off analogs, which was a big cut even going to 48mg. At 36mg I was vaping non-stop and never feeling satisfied. At least now I can vape about as often as I smoked, and feel mostly comfortable. Perhaps I'm at a point where I could cut back to 36, but every time I've tried that it was very unsatisfying. Still, it's a goal. Save valuable nic base if nothing else! ;)

I was just joking about us being the only ones and that being the reason we see eye-to-eye. The real reason is because we were both genetically engineered by the same aliens. I had the same problem with 36 mg which is more proof that we were both genetically engineered from the same cow embryo. All joking aside, I do believe the reason why some of us need 48 mg is either genetic or something to do with the chemistry of our bodies like maybe metabolism.

I smoked ultra-light cigarettes ,so I think 48 mg being much is just in people's heads.

That is amazing you smoked ultra lights. To the point I've always made, some people are hooked on the hand to mouth, the BS our brains are conditioned to about nicotine. In other words, we learned if we went hand to mouth, we got good stuff, so after that, when we are stressed or whatever, hand to mouth solves it. And some are REALLY hooked on nicotine. Its the only explanation how a fiend like me could start at 24mg and easily work down to 0mg, and then have the brain not even crave anymore. I'm one of those folks who had to smoke once an hour, I would almost miss a flight to run out and have one more cig. When I got off the plane I hot tailed it to the street to grab a smoke. You and ddave are truly nicotine addicts. I'm not saying you can't cut down, you can, but you would definitely notice you were doing it. It would certainly be a struggle. For me, it was easy, in my mind it means I was addicted to the action, not the drug.

That is amazing you smoked ultra lights. To the point I've always made, some people are hooked on the hand to mouth, the BS our brains are conditioned to about nicotine. In other words, we learned if we went hand to mouth, we got good stuff, so after that, when we are stressed or whatever, hand to mouth solves it. And some are REALLY hooked on nicotine. Its the only explanation how a fiend like me could start at 24mg and easily work down to 0mg, and then have the brain not even crave anymore. I'm one of those folks who had to smoke once an hour, I would almost miss a flight to run out and have one more cig. When I got off the plane I hot tailed it to the street to grab a smoke. You and ddave are truly nicotine addicts. I'm not saying you can't cut down, you can, but you would definitely notice you were doing it. It would certainly be a struggle. For me, it was easy, in my mind it means I was addicted to the action, not the drug.

I don't think it is that amazing that I smoked ultra-lights. I couldn't handle anything stronger. What I find amazing, is how anybody can go from smoking to anything less than 48 mg e-juice. What got me to quit was Wordup's Pina Colada 50/50 mix at 48 mg. To me it feels like a Pina Colada flavored ultra-light or maybe ultra-ultra light. Most vapers seem to have the impression that 48 mg is a bit much or even poison but they once smoked at least ultra-lights which is poison. I don't see how people who went from ultra-light or above are now satisfied with less than 48 mg. Vaping 36 mg and below felt like vaping air. There have been times when I've had a cigarette break near the butt and I tried to smoke it. That's what lower than 48 mg felt like. I would vape nonstop and never get satisfied. Now I'm completely satisfied. I don't vape nonstop now. Most of the time I'm just holding my eGo and I take a few vapes here and there. Yes, we are truly nicotine addicts but if the rest of you mainly are addicted to the hand to mouth then why even use e-juice? It seems like you must be addicted to the throat hit and feeling of thick smoke/vapor going down your throat. Forgetting the nicotine addiction for a moment, the 48 mg and 50/50 mix gives a similar throat hit and thick smoke/vapor going down my throat feeling as an ultra-light. Isn't that part of the action and not the drug?

So, to you guys who use 48mg, where do you usually get it? I mostly buy from awesomevapor and electronicstix, but they don't sell 48mg.

My Freedom Smokes or Wordup. I know there are others, these are just the ones I know of. Personally, I DIY my own these days, it's a whole lot cheaper and I can adjust the flavor and VG to my own taste. The only commercial liquid I've bought in months was some 555 from MFS, because I just cannot nail that recipe. :) Someday, though. ;)

I'm with FTJoe and Schizo on this one, there is no doubt in my mind that I'm a serious nicotine addict. Patches and gum didn't cut it for me because I was craving all the time (and of course, missed the TH). Vaping works for me because it satisfies all the components of smoking. I think that part is true for everyone who's been successful quitting analogs; the real difference is that there are those of us who truly smoked for the nic. I sure did; I'd smoke non-filter analogs until I choked and still want more. That's really what turned me to vaping; my body just could not take the smoke any longer.

One thing I've noticed though is that I vape less now than I did initially. I think that's a sign that vaping, regardless the strength of liquid we need for comfort, helps to reduce the addiction. I have some expectation of titrating down over time, and I think that's a good thing! Whether I ever go to 0 is in doubt for me, but I'm hopeful that some day I'll be able to buy liquid from VT Store. That's some good stuff! Vaping lower nic would open a whole new world of flavors. One thing about DIY, at least for me at this point, is that I don't have the range of flavors to choose from; I'm just not that inventive. Still, I've gotten a lot better at that over time too, so maybe I'll become my own one-stop-shop for juice one of these days, and be able to develop, for example, my own Dulcis. :)

I do not believe that high-nic juice is "dangerous" or freaky in any way. Such ideas come from people who are not addicted to nicotine, it's as simple as that. When the FDA gets around to banning our supplies, I think it's likely I'll be back on analogs because they're of the same confused mindset about nic strength. NRTs don't work for me because they're too wimpy. And no TH of course.

I don't think it is that amazing that I smoked ultra-lights. I couldn't handle anything stronger.

That's my point, it appears you didn't care about all the smoke, TH and whatnot, just needed the nicotine. I've helped two people who were ultra light smokers. They almost keeled over when they tried medium strength juices. The TH was WAY too much, had to get them on low strength. They were addicted more to the action than the drug.

Yes, we are truly nicotine addicts but if the rest of you mainly are addicted to the hand to mouth then why even use e-juice? It seems like you must be addicted to the throat hit and feeling of thick smoke/vapor going down your throat.

An addiction is an addiction. It is less about the drug than what the brain craves. There are gambling addicts, sex addicts, etc. (of course with those addictions we supply our own drugs). I think it starts with the first few cigarettes, we get the drug, it makes us feel "good" and like Pavlov's dogs, our brain files the action along with the result. Next time we stress out, our brain asks us to go do that cool smoking thing. When I first went 0 nic after only a few weeks, it took a whole day to realize I better go back and step it down. Nicotine withdrawal is real even for us less physically addicted addicts. The vaping was okay to satisfy the hour to hour cravings. But once the physically addicted part of the brain started withdrawal, it got ugly. Once I SLOWLY went to zero, the urge to vape went entirely away, I swear my brain just gave up needing it. I'm almost embarrassed after all these years that it only took a few months to really quit smoking. I have to force myself to remember how ugly and stressful it was was when I tried other methods to quit smoking. But that's me, a mental addict.

And I don't think it's an either or, more like varying levels of both. My wife had to smoke on weekends when we went out, or when she was really stressed and I mean had to. If neither of those things happened she would go for weeks without one and then smoke like a chimney when they did.

That's my point, it appears you didn't care about all the smoke, TH and whatnot, just needed the nicotine. I've helped two people who were ultra light smokers. They almost keeled over when they tried medium strength juices. The TH was WAY too much, had to get them on low strength. They were addicted more to the action than the drug.

I did care about all the throat hit and whatnot. I just didn't care for the harshness of stronger cigarettes. They would give me sinus headaches and affected my breathing more. 48 mg Pina Colada at 50/50 gives almost the same throat hit and what not as ultra-lights. I'm not saying that I'm not addicted to nicotine. I'm saying that I'm just as addicted to everything else. I have other 48 mg juices and they don't satisfy as much as my Pina Colada. They don't seem to vape the same. In a way it seems kind of the opposite. Everyone that vapes less than 48 mg must not care about the throat hit and what not because all they are getting is flavored air with nicotine that feels like an ultra-ultra-ultra light. All they are getting is nicotine. I think I would have trouble working my way down from 48 mg to zero mg because my body could probably adjust to less nicotine but with less nicotine comes less throat hit and more of an air feeling. Also, something I noticed, is that the nicotine has a flavor to it that makes it taste more like smoking which is very satisfying.