Dead Joye Stick V3`

So, I've had this thing for just over 48 hours and it died on me... Checked all the normal stuff and I've narrowed it down to the unit itself. I don't have a multimeter so I'm not 100% sure, but I think the battery connector is toast. Has anybody else had this happen to them?

My V3 hasn't gone out on me, but I have had button issues. Sometimes when I press the button the light doesn't come on. I have to re-click the button and press harder for it to work. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to get frustrating. I know of some other members that have had the same issue.

My V3 hasn't gone out on me, but I have had button issues. Sometimes when I press the button the light doesn't come on. I have to re-click the button and press harder for it to work. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to get frustrating. I know of some other members that have had the same issue.

Yeah, that seems like a documented issue; I was having that problem too... I haven't head of any units dying within a few days of use though. I mean, I expect there to be a margin of error and some DOA units to be sent out, but it's just bizarre that it worked for literally two days and died as I was taking a drag. Like i specified in the initial post, every other component works except for the unit itself.

Mine died on me after less than two weeks. Since I only used it for maybe 30 minutes a night... well, it seemed to have not held up well. I do have a multi-meter and traced it to the positive connection. Somewhere from the battery to the connector the line was broken. I imagine that one of the solder joints failed. I returned it and am expecting a replacement soon.

If it were older and beyond warranty I would have disassembled it and I would be able to give a more precise diagnosis. ;)

Yup, sounds like what happened to my v2. It worked fine for a day, then the button just started acting stupid. I'd contact the supplier for an exchange.

Trying to get a hold of them is a bit of a goat rope... Tried calling a number that rings endlessly and e-mailed as well as leaving them a message on their facebook fan page...

Mine died on me after less than two weeks. Since I only used it for maybe 30 minutes a night... well, it seemed to have not held up well. I do have a multi-meter and traced it to the positive connection. Somewhere from the battery to the connector the line was broken. I imagine that one of the solder joints failed. I returned it and am expecting a replacement soon.

If it were older and beyond warranty I would have disassembled it and I would be able to give a more precise diagnosis. ;)

Who did you get yours from and how recently? I'm wondering if there was a bad batch that was sent out to suppliers.

• 3 weeks later...

My button is deteriorating too. Unfortunately, it's the only PV I have at the moment :( I've had this thing for about 2 weeks I think, and the button is so tempermental that it only works if I push in at a different angle every time, and then it only stays on if I increase pressure gradually while I use it. This is a great little device, but it just needs to be made to withstand more abuse. Can't wait for DeWalt to start making PVs :D

I see that two vendors are having "blow out" sales on them are won't be carrying them anymore. Wonder if there's a known issue with it. I got one for my wife and it's working okay, but she uses it so little - it hasn't really been put to a test.

Hey Brian, The button on my v3 has been VERY finicky. I suspect that may be the problem but I'm not sure.

I noticed when I used it a litte that it kept cutting off on me, but I was thinking that I just wasn't use to that type of button and my finger was letting up.

• 1 year later...

Mine stopped working about 1 week after I got it =( when I put the battery in it, it will light up, but I hear nothing and I get no vapor or anything.

I had issues getting the atty to make contact several times. Did you try to clean the contact points? Also, just try unscrewing the atty and screwing it back in a few times.