.: FΛDED REVIEWS :. DOTMOD'S DOTBOX

FΛDED

kRDAKDx.png

vEPiJMP.jpg

I purchased this lovely RED Dotbox 75w at www.dotmod.com for $120US. This product was purchased by me 100% and not send to me for review from any vendor. I'm in no way affiliated with the company. The Petri RDA and 24K Gold drip tip (pictured above) is not included, those were purchased by me separately. I would have loved to have started my first review here with my 300w version. But now thinking about it 75 is before 300 and it'd be silly to start with the higher wattage one first, I'll just move up accordingly and get to that one next, lol.

Many of you may have already heard the name Dotmod before, either from YT video reviews, seen their products in vape shops in your area, maybe online, or may have been lucky as me to have seen their booth at a convention. They have branded themselves and earned the reputation for manufacturing high end products in the vaping industry and often times "hyped" when you hear they are at work in creating something new. Well, I'm here to tell you what I think about this Dotbox, if the "hype is real", so let's get started.

zn3vctn.jpg

.: Packaging :.

• 1 Dotmod Dotbox 75W with bypass/TC box mod
  • 1 Micro USB with lightning adapter cable
  • 1 User manual
  • 1 Certificate of authenticity

69d7BLK.jpg

.: Features :.

• 1w to 75w output in wattage mode
    • 0.08Ω to 3.0Ω resistance
    • Dotchip chipset technology
  • Temperature control
    • Ni200
    • Titanium
    • SS316
    • Resistance lock
    • Adjustable 3 memory TCR
      • Fine tune temperature output
    • 200 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit
    • 0.05Ω to 1.5Ω resistance
  • Power curve mode
  • 0.96 inch side mounted OLED screen
    • Vertical
    • Displays temperature
    • Displays wattage
    • Displays voltage
    • Displays material and mode selection
    • Displays atomizer resistance
    • Displays output current
    • Displays battery life
      • Accurate analysis of battery's state
    • Stealth mode compatible
    • Option to rotate screen
    • Adjustment lock
  • 3 button control; up, down, fire button all in 24K Gold
  • Magnetized battery bay
    • (1) 18650 Batter - sold separately
  • 24K Gold plated 510 threading and firing pin
    • Spring loaded Gold plated contact
  • Auto timeout button lock and power locking capabilities

roaAsw1.jpg

.: Thoughts :.

Great mod for any male, female, beginner, enthusiast, hobbyist, collector, anyone wanting a top notch, creme of the crop type of device with smooth and comfortable beveled edges, soft delicate matte feel, but super strong, tough and durable in all day to day conditions and activities. I own my fair share of box mods as those are the type of devices I use on a daily basis and this is probably one of the nicest feeling mods I own, belongs in the hands to be vaped, always in rotation. I get compliments more on this than most of my others boxes also so other's obviously think it's sexy too. As I've mentioned previously, I also own a 300w version and it shares the same size and build quality as this. Premium quality, very well made, this unit does not lag fire, it fires immediately, as soon as you hit that Gold button. It's the type of mod I'll never get rid of. I'm hear to tell you that you don't have to chase the box mod game when you could've had this to begin with. Definitely get this if you can, if you're on the fence between this and another mod. Gushing is finally over.

.: Verdict :.

• The hype is real. It's a wonderful mod that's not only beautiful to me but it also vapes great, has everything that I need, plus some. Highly recommended!

Appreciate you taking the time to do the review.  Very nicely presented!

Questions I would like to see referenced in a review if possible include:

1.  What's the menu system like?  Easy to navigate?  Logically presented?  Not too many crazy button combinations to remember?

2.  Battery life?  That's always rough to address, I know, maybe compared to some popular mod with the same number of cells?

3.  Temperature control.  I'm a huge fan.  How does it compare to the smoothness of say YiHi or DNA? 

4.  Any quirky stuff?  e.g. battery doors that flop open after a couple of months use, juice finding it's way into the inside of the mod, battery compartments that chew away at the battery wraps, jumps out of TC on occasion for no known reason. 

I know it has to be very difficult to answer everybody's questions and or anticipate them.  I really like the fact that you emphasize feel in the hand.  A lot of reviewers glaze over the feel and that is a make or break for me at the end of the day regarding if I will pick it up or no. 

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Appreciate you taking the time to do the review.  Very nicely presented!

Questions I would like to see referenced in a review if possible include:

1.  What's the menu system like?  Easy to navigate?  Logically presented?  Not too many crazy button combinations to remember?

2.  Battery life?  That's always rough to address, I know, maybe compared to some popular mod with the same number of cells?

3.  Temperature control.  I'm a huge fan.  How does it compare to the smoothness of say YiHi or DNA? 

4.  Any quirky stuff?  e.g. battery doors that flop open after a couple of months use, juice finding it's way into the inside of the mod, battery compartments that chew away at the battery wraps, jumps out of TC on occasion for no known reason. 

I know it has to be very difficult to answer everybody's questions and or anticipate them.  I really like the fact that you emphasize feel in the hand.  A lot of reviewers glaze over the feel and that is a make or break for me at the end of the day regarding if I will pick it up or no. 

Appreciate it @Walt :)

1. The menu is all too familiar with devices such as DNA and most chinese manufactured chips; 1,2,3,4,5 to turn on/off, flip screen, lock, very easy to navigate, just as easy to adjust wattages, and no crazy or different button combinations. It is Dotmod's own chipset and they incorporated the same techniques in navigating as the other chips, so no learning curve needed; as long as you are familiar with the mods of today, you shouldn't have a problem at all.
  2. I have 2 versions, the single 18650 version here in the review has pretty decent/average battery life for a single 18650 regulated mod. It's not ideal for high wattage dripping (I suggest dual 18650's for that) but I like to use my Kayfun 5 (RTA - rebuildable tank atomizer) at around 20 watts to save battery life and I only have to charge a couple, maybe 3 times if vaping constantly. I'm always around a charger, either at work or at home. The USB is also located conveniently in the front face of the mod but I highly encourage all the charge via external charger.
  3. Honestly, I don't use the temperature control function (TC Mode) and still haven't used it on the device yet. I'm sure it works decent, not sure if it's as good or better than DNA/Yihi's. I build my own coils, stainless steel and vape on regular wattage (power mode). I tried temp control around 3 years ago on my old Hana and came to the conclusion that it wasn't for me. I never burnt my wicks to begin with and the vape seems a bit on the weak side, so I continued vaping normal without it. I'm always willing to try different things out, it's what makes vaping fun to do sometimes.
  4. No sir. No quirky stuff. IK what you mean with juice inside doors, then your batteries get all wet and yucky. Not on this device. The battery doors are a nice, snappy, tight fit with no movement. The whole mod itself is very sturdy, hard, and tough. IK it looks delicate and soft, I tend to baby my mods and never throw it around. The inside of the mod looks great, glad you brought that up. Here's a picture of the inside and another to show you the battery tray that doesn't grab and tear the battery wraps..

Thanks for reminding me about the inside of the mod. I'll definitely add those details on my next review.

A.thumb.JPG.5026cdea796c0e34ffc763b6cebded3e.JPG B.thumb.JPG.fc2f5795b6dbd6dd71b224a3e5a2cd51.JPG

I stressed the feel of the mod because often times it's not talked about in reviews or a reviewer didn't think about it. Picking it up and holding it is the first thing we do when we vape, so it's very important to me as I vape throughout the day. It feels of quality, high end, nicely made and put together. I've owned mods in the past that feel cheap, plasticky, flimsy, etc. but I got what I paid for like most things in life, the vaping industry is no different.

Edited by FΛDED
adding photos

Bravo!  Very nicely done!  Appreciate the pictures of the inside.  Sometimes that says more about a mod than the outside.  Looks very nicely designed all around.  I'm with you regarding a quality mod.  To me the difference between say a Wismec and a Lost Vape is about 10 years, lol. 

2 hours ago, Walt said:

To me the difference between say a Wismec and a Lost Vape is about 10 years, lol. 

giphy.gif

I couldn't agree with you more, lol. Hopefully one day I'll get contacted and receive something from a vendor/company that's affordable and very well made. I think everyone would be interested in a product like that.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines