Just bought a replaceable V8 T8 this morning for my smok TFV8. Got home and primed it let it sit, went to take a hit and immediately gotta horrible taste. So I put it back down and let it sit for an hour more. Just tried it again, still tastes horrible. Is it a bad coil? Or am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes it can be a bad coil but it's usually (there are other factors) one of two things. One, you didn't let the coil sit long enough to soak up liquid (that doesn't sound like what happened). The other issue is that the device you purchased is new and often is set on the highest wattage. The wattage on the device may have been too high for the coil and thus burning it out. (Sounds more likely to be the case). 

Generally speaking, when you use a new device you should always start the wattage low and slowly work up. (start at 8 watts and go from there). At some point, it will start to taste "off" and you can pull back the wattage a little. Then you have your sweet spot. 

Did you wash the tank thoroughly before filling with eliquid? There's usually some kind of machining oil residue that tastes very bad if not washed off properly before use. Add that to having the wattage up too high and burning up your wick like @Christopher said and you've got a bad combination. If you fried your wick, there's nothing for it but to dump the eliquid (the burnt taste will most likely be in the liquid), wash thoroughly, refill with new eliquid, replace with new coil and start again.

The liquid that's usually in the atomizer, is normally zero nicotine, unflavored e liquid. They started doing it years ago when users would put an atomizer on without adding e liquid. (this was back when the devices were simple). These days however, it doesn't do much to help if someone forgets to add eliquid. 

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

The liquid that's usually in the atomizer, is normally zero nicotine, unflavored e liquid. They started doing it years ago when users would put an atomizer on without adding e liquid. (this was back when the devices were simple). These days however, it doesn't do much to help if someone forgets to add eliquid. 

Oh man... those were the days. I remember nearly standing on my head bent over backwards trying to get the unflavored PG/VG out of the atomizer/wick before adding the eliquid. Vaping that stuff just tasted nasty.  :lol: 

I was just at my local vape shop today complaining about my coils, manager said he had the the same problems his was only lasting 3-4 days and burnt, called Smokand was told it's their new coils and they will only be lasting 3-4 days ...went tobw website and yep there it was , the same answer and I own 9 of the tanks...not a happy camper today