Tired Of Research...someone Tell Me What To Order!

leah

I researched eciggs quite a bit in Sept and Oct of '09. All it did was confuse me. I need to try something! There are no places in my area (coastal South Carolina) that I can find to actually "try" vaping.

I'm 42. Female. Smoked Marlboro Lights since I was about 16. I seem to be more psychologically addicted than physically. I smoke at least 1 pack per day, more if drinking wine in the evening...unless I forget about that first cigg 'till noon. I LOVE to smoke. If I think about it, I have to have a cigg. I don't seem to go through physical withdrawal, though. When in the hospital not too long ago, I took nicotine lozenges and had a problem with heart racing and shaking. They decided it was the lozenges and asked me why I was using them. My O2 stats were too good to be a smoker. Definitly strange considering I'm one of those people who will trek through blizzard or hurricane for my smokes. And I definitly inhale! After my second child was born (I quite smoking with both pregnancies)I was put on antidepressants (zoloft for postpartum depression - but I was in hospital for quite a while and seperated from my baby so even my doctor said it probably wasn't true postpartum depression) and had no desire to smoke. As soon as I managed to get off the weight gaining pills!...I immediatly starting smoking again. My doctor said some smokers self medicate. I'd rather have my nicotine for sanity than those horrible pills! Trade one addiction for another! And vaping sounds like the best bet.

I am (of course!) worried about health issues but my main problem is that I don't smoke in the house so I spend a lot of time on my porch - freezing in the winter and fighting our state bird (mosquito) and the heat in the summer. I would love to try an e cigg. I also drive a lot for work and smoke in the car (with the window cracked). There are just so many choices. I want something I can return with in a small amount of time if I hate it. I think I'd like something cigg sized but I've read that isn't really important. I don't know if I want the throat hit, vapor, etc. I'd like to save money in the long run. I'm not all that mechanically minded but I'm not a total idiot. I don't want to build a complex Lego set or mix a difficult chemistry experiment everytime I need a smoke, either.

Help!

Just my opinion, but get a 510 ! Its a great unit for starters and vets. Simple, easy to use and wont let you down. it'll let you know if vapings for you. I suggest awesomevapor.com, as Arno is in Georgia and youll get it fairly quick. Plus, Arno is great for any questions you have and customer service. JMHO though

Also, Im a lot like you, Im not into mixing and Im no dummie either, but dont want to have to use a toolbox to vape. I really think the 510 is your best bet. It was my second e cig 4 months ago, and its all I use now.

P.S. - Im gonna move this to the Noobie section, where youll get more help ! :thumbsup:

Edited by keenan

Hi Leah! Welcome to the forums, I have to agree with Keneen - he pretty much nailed everything. Awesomevapor.com has the 3 major units on their site, ones you might want to look into, Arno is great and has helped me a lot! After awhile, you will want to get a more powerful unit. But for now, might want to try out the 510.

There will bumps in the roads, I know there has been some for me. There were moments where I felt the need to just buy a pack of cigarettes but haven't cause of the time and money I've already invested in Vaping. Now I'm smoke for almost 2 months! I even find myself not even vaping for the whole day. :)

Hi Leah! Welcome to the forums, I have to agree with Keneen - he pretty much nailed everything. Awesomevapor.com has the 3 major units on their site, ones you might want to look into, Arno is great and has helped me a lot! After awhile, you will want to get a more powerful unit. But for now, might want to try out the 510.

There will bumps in the roads, I know there has been some for me. There were moments where I felt the need to just buy a pack of cigarettes but haven't cause of the time and money I've already invested in Vaping. Now I'm smoke for almost 2 months! I even find myself not even vaping for the whole day. :)

"Keneen" ? ! You vapin the everclear straight again Steve ? (JK)

@ Leah, you also want to get some juice . I know it sounds like a lot at first, but once you come to LOVE vaping over smoking, you DONT wanna run out. And dripping into a cart or straight onto an atty is easy. Trust me, If I can do it, a one armed blind monkey can do it. :whistle:

Welcome Leah.

Keenan is one of the funniest people on here. But he's also one of the smartest. He knows his stuff. I tend to agree with him on all things - ecigs or not.

I always recommend the 510 to anyone new. I went through some of the other units before getting a 510 and it's still my favorite. Had I known then what I know now, I would have started with the 510. It would have saved me a lot of time and money. But I look at it this way, it wasn't wasted money cause it got me off cigarettes. I do have the VP2 right now, but I use it with my 510 atty. I have it mainly for the extended battery life. From what you said, I really don't think that will be a big problem for you.

Like Keenan said, you can order a kit from Arno at Awesome Vapor. He'll even answer any questions you have. The 510 kit comes with two batteries, so you can be using one while you charge the other one. It also comes with atomizers, cartridges, and a charger. The atomizer screws into the battery and the cartridge slides onto the atomizer. It's close to the size of a cigarette and you vape just about like you smoke. You just take longer, slower drags. Very easy. I'm 49 and smoked since I was 15. I tried everything I could think of to stop smoking and nothing worked. Possibly because I didn't really want to quit. This way I feel like I have the best of both worlds.

I also recommend you buy some ejuice. It's a simple matter of dropping a couple of drops into the filling in the cartridge or directly into the atomizer. It's much cheaper that way than buying pre-filled cartridges.

If you find that you like vaping, you can then look into getting a passthrough, spare parts, and more juice. But don't worry about that at first. Just give vaping a try. You might be like the rest of here and find out that you like it a whole lot more than you ever did cigarettes.

Ask any questions you can come up with and they will be answered. We're here to help in any way we can.

Its really hard to beat a 510 its the most recomended model from the forum members.Produces great vapor and parts are available at many web sites.Its gonna be around a long time.I got mine from Arno at Awesome Vapor and they are great.They have some good flavors for refills I like the 555(nutty tobacco,very popular) and menthol are my favs with Apple,Virginia and Banana as good also....

Regardless of which e-cig you go for, buy some juice for topping up and get at least three batteries and three atomisers - having spares is a must.

As regards model, I'd recommend either a 510 or a 901. Personally, I think the 901 is a better starter e-cig - in my view it gives the best compromise between hit/vapour/flavour. Also the batteries last a bit longer between charges (unless you buy 510 mega batteries) and the carts don't tend to dry out at the top as much. Nevertheless both the 510 and 901 are fine first e-cigs.

I'd also recommend (regardless of which model you go for) getting a manual battery as one of your spare batteries - you need to find out if you prefer auto or manual.

Hello Leah and welcome to VT. I have to agree - go with the 510. I was lucky enough to find this forum before I made my 1st purchase, so I started with a 510 and that's still what I'm using. It's been an amazing experience for me.

I'm pretty sure you get the point--510 is a great way to go. I smoked marlboro lights for 30 years pack and half/day. I'm 45 and had completely quit quitting. I loved smoking--can't make me quit.....

Then along came the 510--that was 7 months ago and I don't even crave cigarettes

What you need--a 510 kit with 2 batteries, 2 atomizers and charger, and some liquid. Then if and or when the budget allows--another battery or two-same with the atomizers. Just in case one part or another isn't working well or dies. The battery and atomizer life is variable. A PCC (personal Charging case)-is great to have for when out and about.

The amount of liquid varies by individual--I use about 30-40 mls/month 18mg. Always good to have extra liquid on hand too.

Initial start up cost can add up, but in the long run it is still cheaper than smoking (depending on how much self control you have)--I have very little.

Unlike Keenan--I love my "toolbox"--or in my case tackle box.

Hi Leah,

I'm new here and so wish I had found this site and researched more before I made my first purchase. I purchased mine at a mall kiosk because I needed my immediate gratification! I'm just okay with it and a bit anxious to try the 510 I keep hearing about. I just ordered some juices from another company and am waiting very impatiently for them...that gratification thing again! But aside from that, I started smoking at 13 and quit for a while in my late 20's when I met my husband and started having kids. (I too went through the PPD/medication issues.) About a 1 1/2 yrs ago we started camping more and more, and that would be my guilty pleasure while camping and then started enjoying it when we weren't camping, of course trying to hide if from people. It was a source of tension in our household because my hubby hates smoking, and I hate for my kids to see me do it, and definately don't want them to breath the second hand smoke. So I got the e-cig and have not had a tobacco one since 12/26. I really do enjoy vaping, I would like to have some more vapor than what I get with my current model, but I'm also using prefilled cartridges right now. There might be a change when I fill my own. Also, I've read a lot about the 510 producing more vapor.

Tonight is my proof in the pudding so to speak. New Year's Eve party, we will have a fire outside, I'll probably be drinking which is when I really enjoy smoking, and I know others will be smoking. I am so hoping my juice comes in the mail today so I can use it tonight. But if I can enjoy my e-cig as much tonight in that atmospher as I do right now, I think I will be just fine! Good luck with your future purchase! Nice to meet you!

Welcome Leah, I am also a newbie. I started with the 510 setup from Arno at awesome vapor. They were great to answer my questions. I am thrilled with my choice. A nice thing about ordering from awesome vapor is they throw in a free sample of juice to try. I just got an ry4 sample and it is my new favorite. I tried smoking a marlboro light a few days ago to compare the 2 and it tasted like burnt weeds. Cannot go wrong with the 510. Jen

Well, after reading all the posts here yesterday, I went to Arno's site. I watched his video and placed an order. I'm still waiting for my order from Cloud-9 of juices, was very disappointed it didn't come yesterday. I am so impressed that within an hour or so of placing my order with Arno's site, I received verification that it had already been mailed. After reviewing his entire site, I feel really comfortable buying from there. He's only one state away, so I'm thinking it will get here pretty quick, even with today being a holiday! So, I went for the 510 and some other juices and extra blank cartridges. The free samples are a really cool idea and I can't wait to try them.

I took my current model to the New Years Eve party last night. Everyone was pretty supportive of it and interested in hearing about it, except for one guy who was smoking something a bit different anyway, but he makes fun of everything so I never pay attention to him anyway, he's a big kidder. I'm so proud to say I did not have a single analog cig. I drank a lot and that is when I smoked the most, I did kinda want to try one to see how I felt about smoking it. But I've done so good being off them, I didn't want to do it. Maybe down the road a bit. Plus I overheard my hubby telling others that he was so happy I hadn't been smoking analogs, that I didn't want to ruin it. So far he's been very supportive of my vaping now that he sees it all etc. He was leary at first. He doesn't really get the whole addiction thing. It still amazes me that he's never smoked anything in his life, except he's a firefighter, so I guess he's technically a smoke eater! Well, heres to a new year and my new enjoyment!

Well, after reading all the posts here yesterday, I went to Arno's site. I watched his video and placed an order. I'm still waiting for my order from Cloud-9 of juices, was very disappointed it didn't come yesterday. I am so impressed that within an hour or so of placing my order with Arno's site, I received verification that it had already been mailed. After reviewing his entire site, I feel really comfortable buying from there. He's only one state away, so I'm thinking it will get here pretty quick, even with today being a holiday! So, I went for the 510 and some other juices and extra blank cartridges. The free samples are a really cool idea and I can't wait to try them.

I took my current model to the New Years Eve party last night. Everyone was pretty supportive of it and interested in hearing about it, except for one guy who was smoking something a bit different anyway, but he makes fun of everything so I never pay attention to him anyway, he's a big kidder. I'm so proud to say I did not have a single analog cig. I drank a lot and that is when I smoked the most, I did kinda want to try one to see how I felt about smoking it. But I've done so good being off them, I didn't want to do it. Maybe down the road a bit. Plus I overheard my hubby telling others that he was so happy I hadn't been smoking analogs, that I didn't want to ruin it. So far he's been very supportive of my vaping now that he sees it all etc. He was leary at first. He doesn't really get the whole addiction thing. It still amazes me that he's never smoked anything in his life, except he's a firefighter, so I guess he's technically a smoke eater! Well, heres to a new year and my new enjoyment!

GREAT post ! Yeah, Arno's reputation speaks for itself. And, unlike most businesses, his customer service doesnt disappear after he takes your money, it gets better. Arno is ALWAYS willing to help. After a few days, go ahead and try an analog. I think youll find, like everyone else, yechhhh! "WTF was I thinkin " Good luck, and keep us posted !

I got the 510 in the mail from Arno, today. He was great! It is great! I'm charging a battery but got curious and found out there was life in the other one so I've been puffing away. I hope it doesn't ruin this battery...we shall see but I couldn't wait...

I really like this. This stuff actually tastes good. I have some friends who've been trying to quit for years who've got to give this a try!

Thanks to all!

Most batteries already hold a good amount of charge, so as far as I know, should hurt the battery.

We all know the 'new toy syndrome'. I am very glad you are enjoying your 510. You haven't even hit the tip of iceburg on flavor yet--so many flavors out there.

Happy vaping !!!!

I got the 510 in the mail from Arno, today. He was great! It is great! I'm charging a battery but got curious and found out there was life in the other one so I've been puffing away. I hope it doesn't ruin this battery...we shall see but I couldn't wait...

I really like this. This stuff actually tastes good. I have some friends who've been trying to quit for years who've got to give this a try!

Thanks to all!

Thats so cool Leah! Its exciting isn't it?! You got a great unit and now its time to try the different e-juice options. Have fun with it. :)

I researched eciggs quite a bit in Sept and Oct of '09. All it did was confuse me. I need to try something! There are no places in my area (coastal South Carolina) that I can find to actually "try" vaping.

I'm 42. Female. Smoked Marlboro Lights since I was about 16. I seem to be more psychologically addicted than physically. I smoke at least 1 pack per day, more if drinking wine in the evening...unless I forget about that first cigg 'till noon. I LOVE to smoke. If I think about it, I have to have a cigg. I don't seem to go through physical withdrawal, though. When in the hospital not too long ago, I took nicotine lozenges and had a problem with heart racing and shaking. They decided it was the lozenges and asked me why I was using them. My O2 stats were too good to be a smoker. Definitly strange considering I'm one of those people who will trek through blizzard or hurricane for my smokes. And I definitly inhale! After my second child was born (I quite smoking with both pregnancies)I was put on antidepressants (zoloft for postpartum depression - but I was in hospital for quite a while and seperated from my baby so even my doctor said it probably wasn't true postpartum depression) and had no desire to smoke. As soon as I managed to get off the weight gaining pills!...I immediatly starting smoking again. My doctor said some smokers self medicate. I'd rather have my nicotine for sanity than those horrible pills! Trade one addiction for another! And vaping sounds like the best bet.

I am (of course!) worried about health issues but my main problem is that I don't smoke in the house so I spend a lot of time on my porch - freezing in the winter and fighting our state bird (mosquito) and the heat in the summer. I would love to try an e cigg. I also drive a lot for work and smoke in the car (with the window cracked). There are just so many choices. I want something I can return with in a small amount of time if I hate it. I think I'd like something cigg sized but I've read that isn't really important. I don't know if I want the throat hit, vapor, etc. I'd like to save money in the long run. I'm not all that mechanically minded but I'm not a total idiot. I don't want to build a complex Lego set or mix a difficult chemistry experiment everytime I need a smoke, either.

Help!

Hi,

I have the same question? I am tired of researching and trying to find a product to buy? I am a heavy cig smoker for many many years. I smoke menthol Light cigarettes. My main concern right now is COST and trying to get through each day with this addiction, my stress level, and lost income. I lost much of my income in last 9 months and a nervous wreck. I also take care of my son who is multiply handicapped 24/7, and quite a challenge for someone all alone, not even any other family or help. I smoke about a carton a week and can no longer afford them, not even from the Indian Reservation. I am trying to quit smoking and not having much success. But I am down to about 1 pack per day on a good day.

I have heard it is most cost effective to buy the liquid and refill. Can someone recommend what to buy that would be cost effective and LAST ME AT LEAST ONE MONTH OR MORE, and what would I need to buy to go with it? Is there a starter kit someone would recommend that would have all I need or most of what I need?

I would like to buy from http://www.awesomevapor.com/ if possible, I like his simple but humble attitude and website as a small family business, any suggestions?

Thank You so much for any help or suggestions,

I understand the lost income. Fortunately, I'm not the sole breadwinner butn in the last year, I've gone from $50,000 per year to $350 per week unemployement to essentially none...

I only got to vape for a while today as the battery went dead (did have a considerable charge!). I did get to play around with a few flavors. Fabulous! I tried Turkish Blend, whatever came with the cartridge, and cappachino from awsome vapors. I loved them all. Things are easier than I tought. It sounds so complicated until you get it in your hands. Then everything makes sense. I was able to change flavors easily from the directions on awesome vapors site. It's very easy to do so I will be able to save money this way by not buying prefilled cartridges. I've only smoked 3 analog ciggs since I got this about noon, today. I only smoked those because I'm waiting for the battery to charge. I already prefer this to smoking. This actually tastes good and doesn't leave a bad taste or smell in your mouth. I don't know if I'm going to have the throat problems, yet. Some people get a dry thoat, I've read. I drink something constantly so may not notice. (not always an adult beverage...I just realized how that sounded, ha, ha).

I got the starter kit for the joye 510 and 3 full size bottles of juice + 4 FREE sample bottles (he throws one in with each full size order and with the kit - you even get to choose the flavors!) for $84.00. I don't know how long this will last me, yet. Awesome Vapor replied to my question about how long a bottle lasts with a 16 oz bottle will last a pack a day smoker one to one and a half weeks. That would be $10 a week for a pack a day smoker. The cig components cost about $10 to $13 each, I think. I figure if I spend $50 or even more every 3 months and 10-15 per week...I'm still coming out way ahead. They were extremely helpful and I even had problems ordering because of something bizarre with my debit card - I hadn't used it in forever and it was flagged). They answered all questions and made sure everything only went through my bank once.

I would recommend this to any smoker. The potential for $$$ savings are great. It's definitly going to be cheaper than smoking and I can see various ways to be even more frugal with it. I'm sure I wasted enough vapor to fill a cartride or 2 today just playing with it plus the 2 I filled and it's still almost impossible to tell which bottles I used.

I'm going to recommend this to all my friends that smoke!

Good luck to you and my prayers are with you and your son.

I understand the lost income. Fortunately, I'm not the sole breadwinner butn in the last year, I've gone from $50,000 per year to $350 per week unemployement to essentially none...

I only got to vape for a while today as the battery went dead (did have a considerable charge!). I did get to play around with a few flavors. Fabulous! I tried Turkish Blend, whatever came with the cartridge, and cappachino from awsome vapors. I loved them all. Things are easier than I tought. It sounds so complicated until you get it in your hands. Then everything makes sense. I was able to change flavors easily from the directions on awesome vapors site. It's very easy to do so I will be able to save money this way by not buying prefilled cartridges. I've only smoked 3 analog ciggs since I got this about noon, today. I only smoked those because I'm waiting for the battery to charge. I already prefer this to smoking. This actually tastes good and doesn't leave a bad taste or smell in your mouth. I don't know if I'm going to have the throat problems, yet. Some people get a dry thoat, I've read. I drink something constantly so may not notice. (not always an adult beverage...I just realized how that sounded, ha, ha).

I got the starter kit for the joye 510 and 3 full size bottles of juice + 4 FREE sample bottles (he throws one in with each full size order and with the kit - you even get to choose the flavors!) for $84.00. I don't know how long this will last me, yet. Awesome Vapor replied to my question about how long a bottle lasts with a 16 oz bottle will last a pack a day smoker one to one and a half weeks. That would be $10 a week for a pack a day smoker. The cig components cost about $10 to $13 each, I think. I figure if I spend $50 or even more every 3 months and 10-15 per week...I'm still coming out way ahead. They were extremely helpful and I even had problems ordering because of something bizarre with my debit card - I hadn't used it in forever and it was flagged). They answered all questions and made sure everything only went through my bank once.

I would recommend this to any smoker. The potential for $$$ savings are great. It's definitly going to be cheaper than smoking and I can see various ways to be even more frugal with it. I'm sure I wasted enough juice to fill a cartride or 2 today just playing with it plus the 2 I filled and it's still almost impossible to tell which bottles I used.

I'm going to recommend this to all my friends that smoke!

Good luck to you and my prayers are with you and your son.

Thanks to all!

Very happy that you like it! I don't think anyone charges the batteries for 8 hours on the first go, unless you're a complete nerd like me. Funny, I don't usually read instructions, but the one time I did I felt compelled to follow them. :)

Hi,

I have the same question? I am tired of researching and trying to find a product to buy? I am a heavy cig smoker for many many years. I smoke menthol Light cigarettes. My main concern right now is COST and trying to get through each day with this addiction, my stress level, and lost income. I lost much of my income in last 9 months and a nervous wreck. I also take care of my son who is multiply handicapped 24/7, and quite a challenge for someone all alone, not even any other family or help. I smoke about a carton a week and can no longer afford them, not even from the Indian Reservation. I am trying to quit smoking and not having much success. But I am down to about 1 pack per day on a good day.

I have heard it is most cost effective to buy the liquid and refill. Can someone recommend what to buy that would be cost effective and LAST ME AT LEAST ONE MONTH OR MORE, and what would I need to buy to go with it? Is there a starter kit someone would recommend that would have all I need or most of what I need?

I would like to buy from http://www.awesomevapor.com/ if possible, I like his simple but humble attitude and website as a small family business, any suggestions?

Thank You so much for any help or suggestions,

Hi Arcangel - welcome to VT. I would definatley suggest following in Leah's steps. Although many of us go a little overboard with buying different units, it's certainly not necessary. As you can see below my "quit smoking meter", I've spent almost $800 since I started vaping a little over a month ago. However, I've got 4 different units, and probably have enough atty's, juice and batteries to last me a year. I was smoking about 1 1/2 packs a day and stopped completely on my 4th day of vaping. I figure at 1.5 packs of Marlboro Lights a day it's going to take me 4 months to cover what I've spent on vaping, and as you can see, I've only got 3 months to go. At this point, I don't plan on buying anything else until my savings is more than what I was spending on analogs. No doubt you can save a lot of money vaping vs. analogs.