Not sure what I have done now?

Walt

This one is weird to my way of thinking.  Had to try it.  A Horizon Tech Turbo.  Yes that Bizarre thing with the propeller in the top.  Picked it up on a "get rid of cheep" sale at a local B&M.  Lol, I can see why.  Anyway, had to try building the RDA deck.  What a pain!  No way to pre-burn of for that matter check resistance until the whole unit was assembled.  Two coils, each 12 wraps of SS 26ga.  Assembled it was .49Ω.  No way!  After a few warm-up hits it went down to .39Ω.  That makes sense.  But, what the heck happened here?  Definitely not shorted.  High joint cold?  Have I created a pipe bomb?  Great vapor production and flavor.  lol, much better than I thought this crazy tank could ever produce.  Should I wear a welding helmet when I vape this thing? 

Walt, Walt.......take it easy........get out and smell the flowers......water a rose......,take in some good mountain air.  :)

it'll all be there when you get back.  :D

I've heard of the Horizon but never tried it.  Does it "whirr" when you hit it?  

This one freaked me out a little as it started out a full .1Ω on the high side then after firing it the resistance dropped to an expected level.  I am going to take it apart again tonight as I want to check the tightness of the grub screws and cut back the cotton a little.  I seemed just a tad on the try side.  Not burnt, but not a clean flavor either. But again with that wacked out build deck, it may never be a great tank.  

4 hours ago, Bebop said:

With cotton, less is more, particularly with higher VG juices.

@Bebop  Just to confirm; that did it.  Trimmed back the cotton just loosely fit the juice channels and Voila!  You  nailed it spot on.  On third the cotton and three times the vapor.