a couple of questions on the subtank nano

first of all,I was tank shopping for a friend,and I can't remember who it was,somebody told me you could use the kanger bottom dual coils with the subtank mini ? my questions were how did it do?I have a stockpile of them,and was hoping to use them in this tank,the airflow looked really good compared to my aerotank 2,which I love,but sometimes wish had a touch more airflow.and i have tried the ni200 coils I think when I had my nebox and really liked them.second question,is it compatible with the new round ssocc coils?you guys always know,thanks in advance!!

Not sure exactly what you asking

The BDC is different from the SSOCC.  As far as I know theBDCs only work in the protank style kangers while the SSOCCs work in the subtank or toptank nano, mini and plus.

Hope that helps

18 hours ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

first of all,I was tank shopping for a friend,and I can't remember who it was,somebody told me you could use the kanger bottom dual coils with the subtank mini ? my questions were how did it do?I have a stockpile of them,and was hoping to use them in this tank,the airflow looked really good compared to my aerotank 2,which I love,but sometimes wish had a touch more airflow.and i have tried the ni200 coils I think when I had my nebox and really liked them.second question,is it compatible with the new round ssocc coils?you guys always know,thanks in advance!!

I use subtank nanos daily, and can say that no the BDC coils do not work in them, The BDC coil does work in the Subtank mini though. The chimney on the Mini is large enough for the BDC to fit in it, but the chimney on the Nano is too small for the BDC to fit into it. If you use 2 top caps on the KPT single coils they will work in the Mini also.

Actually I have to revise my previous post.

When using a BDC coil in a Subtank Mini it is advised that you take a top cap off a BCC coil and put it upside down on the BDC coil, that will stop any leaks.

@FXRich is correct... the BDC will work with the subtank mini, but not the Nano :(  As for your question on square OCC vs round SOCC, they both will work in the subtank nano or mini.  I've heard the toptank nano prefers the round SOCC, but I've not tried a square OCC in mine, so I can't say if they work or not.  I can say that both coils work perfectly well in the original subtank mini or nano.

18 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

@FXRich is correct... the BDC will work with the subtank mini, but not the Nano :(  As for your question on square OCC vs round SOCC, they both will work in the subtank nano or mini.  I've heard the toptank nano prefers the round SOCC, but I've not tried a square OCC in mine, so I can't say if they work or not.  I can say that both coils work perfectly well in the original subtank mini or nano.

I use the square horizontal OCC coils in the Nanos that I have, and they work very well.

The top tank Nano comes with the round coils, and the Subtank Nanos that I have came with the square coils. From what I have heard Kanger has quit making the square coils. I prefer the square horizontal coils because they are easy to rebuild, and rebuilding them saves a lot of $$, the round vertical coils are more difficult to rebuild.

24 minutes ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

I have always wanted to try to rebuild.maybe now is the time,but I will have to get a meter that will let me dry burn the coil,safety;)

http://sweet-vapes.com/coil-master-521-tab.html

Sweet Vapes seems to have these in stock for $24.99.   Hard to find item.  Plenty of tab 521 mini's out there. 

dang,I love this tank!!!I'm running the 1.2 coil at twelve watts and it feels like it's a much higher wattage . I guess I'll have to try the .5 coil and see how I like it.but I am very happy with this tank.I am not a huge kangertech fan.but I do like the aerotank 2,and giant,and I decided to give it a go,the second tank I ever ran was a kanger toptank nano,and it lasted a long long time,until I got a toptank mini (not so good they all cracked ) I gave my beloved toptank nano to a stupid boy I was dating who had an el cheape plastic tank,my toptank mini cracked and I was stuck on a leaky nebox,then came my beloved crown 2.sadly I never saw my toptank nano again,and oh I loved it!well I love this tank just as much....and no boy will ever touch a tank of mine again.....ha!!!I see a subtank mini in my future . ..LOL but I am so silly today!

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error

I use subtank minis most of the time, and the only time the glass broke is when I dropped it on a concrete floor. Maybe you got a tank with flawed glass, or maybe a retailer sold you a clone, there are subtank mini clones available. The box is almost identical to the authentic. 

it was the toptank mini that cracked,I got it with the subvod mega kit,I ended up buying two full kits,they were authentic,I have never owned kanger mods other than the two subvod megas,the original subvod,my toptank nano came with that,but I outgrew the subvod battery really fast,and switched to an istick 40 watt tc.I ran the toptank nano on the istick for a very Iong time,I must have dropped it a bunch,I know I did,but I never even had to use the replacement glass,the toptank mini fell over on my counter and cracked,then the other cracked as soon as I ran it in temp control.