Keeping my first vaporizer forever. What about you?

EMusic

I was a 10+ year heavy smoker who thought I would never be able to quit smoking and lost all enjoyment of smoking and was feeling horrible everyday from smoking and thought it was possible that smoking would kill me.

Then I got my first vaporizer - the Kangertech Subvod-C.  Almost no flavor and very little enjoyment of vaping with it.

But - it is what made me able to quit smoking for good (I am 100% certain that I will never again smoke analogs).  I appreciate my Subvod making me able to quit smoking when no other methods worked like nothing else.  I am so appreciative that I am keeping my Subvod forever even though I have no need to use it now that I have my Pico.

Are you doing the same with your first vaporizer (for those of you who quit analogs with you first vaporizer, too)?

And - what was your first vaporizer?

I was a 25+ year smoker and I was able to stop with my first kit as well.

My first setup was a Kanger EMOW Starter Kit.  Came with a 1300 mah VV battery (similar to a Vision Spinner), matching EMOW clearomizer, charger and coils.  I actually still use it on occasion because it's the only battery I have that can accept my Kanger Protank 3 minis, as it has both 510 connector and ego threading.  Both the EMOW clearomizer and the KPT3 minis are great MTL tanks and that's all I use them for, even though I'm primarily a DTL vaper.

emow.jpg

44 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

I was a 25+ year smoker and I was able to stop with my first kit as well.

My first setup was a Kanger EMOW Starter Kit.  Came with a 1300 mah VV battery (similar to a Vision Spinner), matching EMOW clearomizer, charger and coils.  I actually still use it on occasion because it's the only battery I have that can accept my Kanger Protank 3 minis, as it has both 510 connector and ego threading.  Both the EMOW clearomizer and the KPT3 minis are great MTL tanks and that's all I use them for, even though I'm primarily a DTL vaper.

emow.jpg

I like the aesthetics of that vaporizer. 👍

My first was an eGo-T 650 mAh (fixed at 3.7V), with a cartomizer. A few days later the CE4 type of "tank" came out and boy, was that high tech for those days, lol. Then, a week or two went by and the T2 came out with the short wick and removable/replaceable coil. Talk about heaven. No, I don't have those anymore, they stopped working some time back, although I do still have some eGo-C 650 mAh that still work around here somewhere. Good times and good memories of how I got off the analogs and into vaping.  :D 

My first vaporizer was the Joytech ego-c.  It was a standard ego c battery but had a funny plastic tank that you pierced with pointy atomizer.  The tip was like one of those cigarillo things.  Well, the flavor was awesome but the clouds were, meh.  But the day that kit arrived I had a couple ciggys left in the pack.  I put together that kit together and little did I know that would be the day of my last cigarette. Within the hour I threw that pack out and I never bought another one.  That was almost 4 years ago. 

In a few months, I discovered the iClear 16 (CE4 style tank) and I ditched the cigarillo tip, kept the ego battery and was off to the races.  It's been an incredible journey.  I've made dozens of converts and paid forward most of my early gear, although, I'm sure if I dug deep enough I might find some derelict from the past. I still have some of my first year gear around somewhere in an old box.

but this is what started it all...

IMG_0257.JPG

11 hours ago, Tam said:

My first was an eGo-T 650 mAh (fixed at 3.7V), with a cartomizer. A few days later the CE4 type of "tank" came out and boy, was that high tech for those days, lol. Then, a week or two went by and the T2 came out with the short wick and removable/replaceable coil. Talk about heaven. No, I don't have those anymore, they stopped working some time back, although I do still have some eGo-C 650 mAh that still work around here somewhere. Good times and good memories of how I got off the analogs and into vaping.  :D 

Congratulations on getting off the analogs, Tam!  🙂

9 hours ago, Bebop said:

My first vaporizer was the Joytech ego-c.  It was a standard ego c battery but had a funny plastic tank that you pierced with pointy atomizer.  The tip was like one of those cigarillo things.  Well, the flavor was awesome but the clouds were, meh.  But the day that kit arrived I had a couple ciggys left in the pack.  I put together that kit together and little did I know that would be the day of my last cigarette. Within the hour I threw that pack out and I never bought another one.  That was almost 4 years ago. 

In a few months, I discovered the iClear 16 (CE4 style tank) and I ditched the cigarillo tip, kept the ego battery and was off to the races.  It's been an incredible journey.  I've made dozens of converts and paid forward most of my early gear, although, I'm sure if I dug deep enough I might find some derelict from the past. I still have some of my first year gear around somewhere in an old box.

but this is what started it all...

IMG_0257.JPG

Way to go, Bebop!  And I like your first vape right there. 👍

I still have my first eGo-T... a black 650mAh battery.  I bought two of them with a 6-pack of CE4 cartomizers as my starter kit.  I used those for about a month before upgrading my tank to a Kanger ProTank3-mini, and still have that one (and another 5 I purchased over the years).  I still use the KPT3-mini with an eGo or small 20-30W mod, on occasion, just because it's convenient and stealthy to carry on bike-trips, or I use them when I'm working in the yard or garage... because they are durable and I won't cry if I drop one and break it :)