Watch what you vape

Atemisk

I have had to the find the answer the hard way and had to come to my own conclusion.  I got tired of the same pro vaping drivel and now angry and frustrated. I love vaping, i will vape (maybe even with nic) forever, but people please consider the fact that the chemicals/ ingredients or whatever that we are constantly reminded of consuming our whole lives, haven't been inhaled (only consumed orally)  until recently so it's not known how they will affect your throat, lungs. Now I'm not talking about PG, VG, and nicotine. We are pretty sure we now know what these do by now. I'm talking about the plethora of different flavours and thier ingredients. It's something you will will have to try and trial yourself and what's best for you. Ive just started vaping an apple cinnamon muffin flavour and I finally had a look and realized (after a month!) That it has been blistering the back of my throat and I've been feeling like there is constantly something in my throat. So just a warning, yes it seems PV and VG are fairly safe and you can ween yourself off nicotine or keep vaping it if you want, but just pay attention to how different flavours affect you to avoid hurting yourself and possibly damaging your health ok? I found out the hard way. I kept going for ages because of everyone saying that it's fine or it's normal but try to use more VG, try using less nic newbies with dry throats are giving vaping a bad rap, its still better than smoking bla bla freakin bla bla. I have a high tolerance to pain and believed it was normal. Anyway fuelled by frustration I'm just trying to give some candid, legit, useful advice that my fellow vapers failed to offer or maybe even realize (although i doubt the latter). Please continue to enjoy vaping though do it with caution in regards to flavours.

20 hours ago, Atemisk said:

I have had to the find the answer the hard way and had to come to my own conclusion.  I got tired of the same pro vaping drivel and now angry and frustrated. I love vaping, i will vape (maybe even with nic) forever, but people please consider the fact that the chemicals/ ingredients or whatever that we are constantly reminded of consuming our whole lives, haven't been inhaled (only consumed orally)  until recently so it's not known how they will affect your throat, lungs. Now I'm not talking about PG, VG, and nicotine. We are pretty sure we now know what these do by now. I'm talking about the plethora of different flavours and thier ingredients. It's something you will will have to try and trial yourself and what's best for you. Ive just started vaping an apple cinnamon muffin flavour and I finally had a look and realized (after a month!) That it has been blistering the back of my throat and I've been feeling like there is constantly something in my throat. So just a warning, yes it seems PV and VG are fairly safe and you can ween yourself off nicotine or keep vaping it if you want, but just pay attention to how different flavours affect you to avoid hurting yourself and possibly damaging your health ok? I found out the hard way. I kept going for ages because of everyone saying that it's fine or it's normal but try to use more VG, try using less nic newbies with dry throats are giving vaping a bad rap, its still better than smoking bla bla freakin bla bla. I have a high tolerance to pain and believed it was normal. Anyway fuelled by frustration I'm just trying to give some candid, legit, useful advice that my fellow vapers failed to offer or maybe even realize (although i doubt the latter). Please continue to enjoy vaping though do it with caution in regards to flavours.

I believe that it's the cinnamon that blisters your mouth. I went through that when I first started vaping. My taste buds were so dead that it was the only flavor that I could really taste. After about a week I noticed blisters on my tongue. I switched flavors and they went away. Now I only will use cinnamon for a small tank once and awhile for something different but that's it. I haven't had any problems with any juice sine.

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, donna68ca said:

I have come across a site that sells concentrated ejuice,in Canada, but it has alcohol in it. Doesn't that dry out your lungs????

Alcohol is frequently found in flavorings, so it is not uncommon to find eliquids that have alcohol listed as an ingredient.  Alcohol doesn't dry out your lungs... it burns-off quickly and doesn't hurt anything.  I frequently soak a coil in Everclear (pure-grain 150-proof) alcohol to get the flavor of a bad juice out of a new-ish coil so I can use another flavor.  If the alcohol hadn't completely dried (evaporated) by the time I use it, it will give the new juice a "flat" flavor for the first few puffs, but hasn't given any ill effects.

PG is Hygroscopic (absorbs/attracts water), and is therefore a humectant (used to keep things moist).  PG will readily absorb moisture in your body (lungs) and gives you a dry mouth/throat feeling.  This is why vapers should drink plenty of WATER to combat PG robbing you of moisture as you exhale.

Alcohol in eliquid (which is usually very small amounts, like 1%) does not cause this problem, compared to the much higher concentrations of PG (ranging from 10-80% of the total volume of the liquid).

6 minutes ago, donna68ca said:

Ty for answering me, really appreciate it

No problem...  glad to help you out (and give you some facts).  Misinformation is everywhere... and one thing you'll get on this forum is good people and no BS.  We try to keep it light, have some fun, and pass along as much education as possible :) 

I have been mixing juice for a long time now, and have tried non PG flavoring which contains 45% alcohol. The only difference I have noticed was the juices with a alcohol based flavor has a tendency to spit back more than a PG based flavor.