To hot to hit

So i just started vaping in hopes of quitting smoking and started with the smok osub 80w tc plus kit. i have it set at 42 watts. at first use it was fine but later in day when i hit it its to hot on lips to take a full drag. upon getting ready to go to vape store to ask whats up with it i hit ag again and it was fine. unfortunately after a lil while the problem started again. any ideas what could be causing this

Have you matched your coil to the proper setting on your device? 

If you are using a TC coil then match the mode on your device to that coil.

If you are using a regular coil set your device to wattage mode (not TC) and set your voltage to 3.7 (voltage, not wattage) and start there. 

You said you set it to 42 watts. What resistance is your coil? That seems a little high to me. If you haven't fried your coil, you should do as Bebop suggested and start at a lower wattage. Vape. If it's not doing it for you, turn it up a LITTLE bit then vape again. Repeat until you get a slight burnt taste then turn it down a notch. That should be the sweet spot for the particular juice/coil combination.

The SMOK OSUB 80w kit comes with the Brit Beast tank and a .4 ohm Baby Q2 coil installed.  Your wattage should be fine and, in actuality, can likely go a little higher.  

Double check to make sure you are in wattage mode with that coil, as @Bebop suggested.  If you are, then make sure you aren't inadvertently bumping the wattage up.  

One last thing that could cause it would be a coil that isn't seated properly (or even just a bad coil).  If it is moving, even slightly, the ohms can jump all over the place which could result in intermittent hot hits.

On 11/12/2016 at 3:22 PM, Adversarious1 said:

The SMOK OSUB 80w kit comes with the Brit Beast tank and a .4 ohm Baby Q2 coil installed.  Your wattage should be fine and, in actuality, can likely go a little higher.  

Double check to make sure you are in wattage mode with that coil, as @Bebop suggested.  If you are, then make sure you aren't inadvertently bumping the wattage up.  

One last thing that could cause it would be a coil that isn't seated properly (or even just a bad coil).  If it is moving, even slightly, the ohms can jump all over the place which could result in intermittent hot hits.

Sounds like you need to..... oh wait Adver nailed this topic with another great answer. I'll just run along.... ;)