My New Emergeny Battery Charger

Brian

Nice. Are you going to add the cost to your "investment?" :P

I'm adding that to the cost of keeping my wife happy. :) Seriously - I don't think she could have taken one more day without power. Next time - I'll be a hero! :showoff:

BRIAN!!!! I am so jealous!! But then you knew I would be, didn't you? I have got to get me one of those! And I won't add it to my "investment" cause losing power in the winter means no heat and we can run heat off of it. Using it to charge ecigs is just a really big bonus. I wonder how soon I can fit one into the budget? Hmmmm. Got to go to some math now.....

I am so jealous!!

you are gonna need to update your signature of: "I have invested" $689.94 in a healthier life."

That generator alone cost that much...

Good show

Here is my back up....Hooked to a gel cell or a lawn mower battery... of course I am getting in a car charger too.... :)

SANY0001.jpg

Edited by Lordvapor

BRIAN!!!! I am so jealous!! But then you knew I would be, didn't you? I have got to get me one of those! And I won't add it to my "investment" cause losing power in the winter means no heat and we can run heat off of it. Using it to charge ecigs is just a really big bonus. I wonder how soon I can fit one into the budget? Hmmmm. Got to go to some math now.....

I am so jealous!!

I figured you would be. :) Believe it or not, there are still a LOT of people 30 minutes south of me, near where I work, that still don't have power. They're going on 11 days now. That inspired to get off my arse and make sure I'm prepared for the next one.

LOL @ brian!

Oh, I believe it. My daughter and son-in-law have a generator for the same reason. They went 2 weeks without power after an ice storm just over a year ago. And then one summer were without for over a week after a really big tornado went through. Some people were without power for a month that time. Most of the power lines in the county were down. We've never had to go a whole day without power here, but it could happen. We've actually been talking about one for quite awhile now, but we only think about it when a storm is coming and by then everyone else has had the same thought and they're all sold out. I like to be prepared for the worst and having one would help me in that department.

LOL ! Brian, a few years ago we had 4 hurricanes roar through here in Floriduh. Afterwards, you couldve sold a generator for ten grand if you could find one. When they finally DID become available, I bought one, always wanting to be prepared. Its still in the unopened box in my father-in-laws garage ! Havent used it once, except for that time we had a B-B-Q and I used the box to set my food plate on. :wacko:

LOL ! Brian, a few years ago we had 4 hurricanes roar through here in Floriduh. Afterwards, you couldve sold a generator for ten grand if you could find one. When they finally DID become available, I bought one, always wanting to be prepared. Its still in the unopened box in my father-in-laws garage ! Havent used it once, except for that time we had a B-B-Q and I used the box to set my food plate on. :wacko:

LOL! I figure that's the way it'll be for me, and that's OKAY! Here in WV, a good stiff breeze can take out the power. :| Although the place I live now it hasn't been bad. Maybe we can get some of that stimulous money for infrastructure. ;)

My last power outage, I happened to have my cordless phone, a very small TV, and all my 901 chargers hooked to a UPS.

I had to go find a lighter to light my oil lamp. 5 minutes later I discovered that oil lamps stink!!! - Now I keep a battery powered lantern handy.

• 2 years later...

Did you have any damage in your area Brian?

Glad the generator came in handy !!! How you guys doing???

No damage - just a power outage. We're very fortunate here. We had probably 4-6 inches of very heavy wet snow come down very fast. Stuck to trees and pulled them down. We lost power at around 4am Tuesday. Funny thing is that about 2 hours after I decided to start the generator, the power came back on! I knew that would happen. LOL! At least next time I'm prepared. Lots of people still without power in this area. We're all doing good though. :)

That thing is enough to power your fridge, TV, some lights and all your battery chargers. OR you could use full power to a custom ultra-high resistance atty and give new meaning to vapor production and throat hit.