Help with Subvod mega TC?

Hello, I have a Subvod mega and lately I will be vaping and the green light will flash a few times in a row. I have had it for about three months and never noticed it doing this until today. It still seems to be vaping fine. I tried charging it thinking that may help but it still is doing it here and there. Is there something wrong with the coil or something? I am planning on upgrading my vape at the end of the month but really need this one to last if at all possible. Thank you. 

Sounds like a low battery warning, have you tried cleaning the connection? take the tank off and clean the connection with a Q-tip, see if that helps, or you might have gotten juice in the switch. You can also plug it in and use it as a pass through.

Okay, thank you. I am currently charging it... I will clean the connections to be sure. Maybe I am just not charging it often enough. I just find it strange because the battery never used to do that, but maybe it's wearing out as time goes on

I don't ALWAYS charge it until it turns green, but I do every night when I go to bed so that it is fully charged when I wake up. That used to pretty well get me through the day. I may charge it once for like and hour or so throughout the day. But now it keeps doing this lately as the day wears on. It seems like it's just not holding charge as long as it used to. I even charged it for an hour and half earlier too. 

It was weird. I charged it for a little over an hour and it turned green saying the battery was fully charged. Was vaping off and on for a few minutes and now it's blinking again! Still hasn't actually died once, just keeps randomly flashing ten or so times after hits. I have been using the Clapton coils for about two weeks or so. I switched to those thinking maybe the flavor would be better and they'd last longer.  I wanted to try ceramic but read that they were no good for this mod.

I would try the kangertech ssocc nichrome or stainless wire.my subvod mega tc came with a stainless coil installed, the flavor was excellent, and it is a .5 like the one you are vaping with,but it will be easier on your battery than the Clapton coil.the stainless coils lasted me a week,at the least.the nichrome wire is listed as ssocc,but that refers to the casing,not the wire,they have red o rings,the true stainless have pink o rings,and are also listed as ssocc.if you need them in a hurry,I know vapor authority has them,but I would check the vaportalk store as well.also what tank are you using and what is your vg/pg ratio on your juice?higher vg juices seemed to tax my battery for some weird reason.another thing to add,you are in wattage mode,correct?you might try disconnecting the tank and resetting it into wattage mode,I'm sure you know when you vape in wattage mode the button glows red; ) I hope we can get this resolved soon,and good luck!

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error

I agree.  A regular .5 ohm coil should be okay but with reduced battery life.  But a clapton coil will not work well on the subvod and will suck that battery lifeless quickly.  They take too much power to heat up. 

Thanks everyone. Last night I went and inspected the battery terminal (The circular part under where the tank screws in?) and there was some gunk on it, so I cleaned it with a q-tip and so far so good. (Knock on wood) I have used all three types of coils; the red ssocc, NI200, and Clapton. My problem with them is that all of them only seem to last me a day. I just don't get any flavor after awhile. But I will stop buying the Clapton if they suck too much power. I have some nickel ones on the way for TC mode, so once these are out, I will go with the red ones again. It doesn't seem to make any difference either way anyhow.

That .5 clapton doesn't start singing til about 30watts and that's approaching the limit of the subvod.  Avoid it.

A regular ssocc .5 should be okay.

Truth is the subvod is really an entry level kit and you are finding that it just under performs a bit for your needs.  I think it's fine as a pocket device to get you thru a couple of hours but it's not an all day affair.  It just has a quick drop off aftrr an hour, especially with any sub ohm coil.

Save your dough.  Sounds like you might be ready for an upgrade soon.

4 hours ago, Sarah_1988 said:

I just don't get any flavor after awhile.

Are you only vaping one flavor? If you are, that could also be the problem. You need to change your flavors every so often so you can taste them. If you don't, then you won't be able to taste it after awhile. Change the flavor to something drastically different like going from a bakery flavor to a fruit flavor, then when you go back, you can taste the other again.

15 hours ago, Bebop said:

That .5 Clapton doesn't start singing til about 30watts and that's approaching the limit of the Subvod.  Avoid it.

A regular ssocc .5 should be okay.

Truth is the Subvod is really an entry level kit and you are finding that it just under performs a bit for your needs.  I think it's fine as a pocket device to get you thru a couple of hours but it's not an all day affair.  It just has a quick drop off aftrr an hour, especially with any sub ohm coil.

Save your dough.  Sounds like you might be ready for an upgrade soon.

I agree with bebop,save your dough,time for a new mod,if you already have the ni200 coils on hand,you can use that same tank on an istick 40 watt tc,they are inexpensive, have a higher battery capacity, and still the internal battery you are used to.they only support nickel in tc mode,but if that's what you are already using, I don't see a problem.I think you would be pleasantly surprised by this mod,it is very simple to use!