160w Dripbox

FXRich

I have been using a 160w dripbox for a day and a half now, the dual battery setup has lasted 2 7ml tanks of juice. The mod itself works well. I have been using TC because I'm not used to dripping, and didn't want to burn the cotton when the wicks went dry, which has happened more than I would like to mention. The mod itself is about the same size, and shape as the RX200, it has a hinged battery door, and a magnetic bottle cover, they both work well. The kit comes with what they call a velocity style build deck, 2 square posts with 2 holes in each post, besides a regular dripbox coil which is also very easy to rebuild. The only problem I have found is the air inlet is too high on the tank (near the top of the tank) which causes the tank to get very hot. I have temporarily solved this design flaw by turning the tank over so the air inlets are on the bottom, and it works much better, and runs cooler. When I turn the tank over I can't push it down all the way because if I do the air will be blocked, I also lose air adjustment when turning the tank over, but I run it with the air open all the way anyway, so I really don't lose anything.

As far as performance goes I get bigger clouds, and better flavor compared to the Subtank minis I normally use. Currently I'm using 2 8 wraps around 3mm 28g 316L coils, that come out at .42 ohms total. Works for me. The drip tip has a 11mm bore all the way through so airflow is not a problem.

Maybe Chris can get more of the Velocity style build decks from Kanger, I know I want at least 2 more.

Yeah,  what RDA is that?

You would do well to get a proper RDA and forget all that tank flipping bs. 

RememberRemember, airflow is key to an RBA.  Those coils have to line up on the airpath nicely to get the most out of an RDA. 

my Doge X2 has great airflow alignment and a pretty deep well. Hits great and can chooch for multiple hits before reloading juice.  It's a great little RDA and cheap

24 minutes ago, cany said:

The batts go dead after two tanks?  s the tank a juice hog?  What do you mean by turning tank over?

Basically the tank is a tube, it can be reversed, kind of hard to explain unless you have a dripbox.

7 minutes ago, Bebop said:

You would do well to get a proper RDA and forget all that tank flipping bs.

The RDA is designed to go with the mod, it feeds juice to the coils by squeezing the bottle, there are some RDAs that will work, just have to find one that will work with the mod. Or I could machine a different tank. 

I see what you mean about the air flow slots being high. And, even inverted, they could be too low. 

My experience is airflow right opposite the coil is best. I don't know.  Im not a huge dripping fan.  But if I find a flavor I really like - and I have lots of it -  I can get in to it and nothing beats it.

Have you thought of using a Tsunami? I used one that a friend had and it worked great. Also for the spare decks have you looked at the refill ones they have for the 60W they might be interchangeable.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, Edna said:

Have you thought of using a Tsunami? I used one that a friend had and it worked great. Also for the spare decks have you looked at the refill ones they have for the 60W they might be interchangeable.

I have looked at them, but only the 24mm comes with a squonk pin, and I wanted a 22mm. I ended up with a Aspire RDA, and that seems to work great for me. At least the aspire has a well to hold juice, which the Kanger RDA doesn't have a well.

And the 60w coil decks will interchange with the 160w, its the same RDA. 

7 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I have looked at them, but only the 24mm comes with a squonk pin, and I wanted a 22mm. I ended up with a Aspire RDA, and that seems to work great for me. At least the aspire has a well to hold juice, which the Kanger RDA doesn't have a well.

And the 60w coil decks will interchange with the 160w, its the same RDA. 

Well that's good to know that the decks are interchangeable :)  For some reason I thought the 22mm came with the correct pin...my mistake sorry.

9 minutes ago, Edna said:

Well that's good to know that the decks are interchangeable :)  For some reason I thought the 22mm came with the correct pin...my mistake sorry.

The pin comes with the 24mm, but has to be ordered separately for the 22mm, at least that's the way I see it on various sites. 

I guess the 22mm plus comes with a squonk pin, but its almost as much as the Aspire kit.

Edited by FXRich

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines