KangerTech CUPTI all-in-one mod.

Edna

Cupti - first impressions.....I've only used it for a few hours ....

Pardon if this is rambling, but it's my first real attempt at a  written review.

Overall, It's a very well made all in one mod. It fits nicely in my small hands but it's substantial enough that someone with larger hands would like it.

It has a nice top airflow. It's not hugely airy like a limitless plus which is almost too much for me (I have to close it by 2/3rds to be comfortable.) On the Cupti I can keep it pretty open and get a good air/vape ratio for my direct to lung vape style. I have noticed if I draw too hard it's sort of noisy next to my Avocado. I personally didn't like the wider bore drip tip it came with so I switched it with a mid sized 510  one and it fit like a charm and looks good too . In the package, it came with 2 drip tips, the wider one and then a smaller bore one for MTL. It also came with a MTL coil rated at 1.5ohms. So it's versatile for different vaping styles.

I laid the just filled Cupti down on it's side on the table to see if it leaked for about 5 minutes and no leaks! I was really shocked when I realized I left the air adjustment thing wide open which is at the top of the chimney and where the driptip is. Not a drop... I was pretty impressed... I think it'll be great for running around or dropping into a purse/backpack without worrying about it.

I'm still messing with the settings and trying to figure them out. The up/down buttons are sort of slow in changing settings but they go in .1 increments so I think you can really dial in the sweet spot on juices.

So far, as far as flavor goes it's been quite good. I'm using the 0.5 pre-installed coil and it wicks well so far no dry hits and I did try to get one until I got woozy...  I experienced a little gurgling at first but it seems to be disappearing. I'm vaping Razzleberry Ring Pop from Central Vapor at 70vg/30pg at  28.5W  and I'm getting really good flavor and vapor production...It would take me chain vaping to cloud up the living room but it's no slouch either.

It's built pretty tough that's for sure, the screen is  small but bright and easy to see. It's located on the top of the mod and slightly recessed so it would be hard to damage it. I like the pyrex tank being recessed, it is almost as you would have to go out of your way to bang it directly to break it and it is replaceable.. It has a small, clicky fire button but  I actually kind of like it, it's feels like it's in a natural place for the way I hold my mods so that's a bonus in my book. Changing the 18650 is a snap, it's got a little tab on the bottom you just slide back and the battery comes right out. I don't think it would be able to open by itself because it's set into the trapdoor.

Filling it is easy, once you take out the chimney you can pour your ejuice in without messing with a dropper. It has a clearly marked fill line so you don't overfill it.

First impression is 8.5 out of ten

2 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Nice review, you almost talked me into buying one. My first impression when I first saw it was it's a updated version of the NEBOX, but with a smaller glass tank.

Thanks ,  @FXRich 

It has a couple of things different from what I understand from @jasonculp like the top air flow adjuster and replaceable pyrex tank. I think that the Nebox's tank is plastic and a bottom fill and you can't change the airflow. The mod size it a little smaller too. Oh also you don't have to use a coin to open the battery area. I like it so far.

Great review!

I really want to pick one up.  I have not been able to find one cheap enough to  make me bite yet.  I also have not found the RBA for it either.  From what I understand from the early reviews it doesn't include it.

The battery door sounds nice.  The screw on thing on the NEBOX sucks.  One of mine has great threads, the others are not so great.

8 hours ago, Tam said:

And you have aroused my curiosity with this review... Will you update in a few days to let us know how it goes?  :)

Absolutely :)

9 hours ago, jasonculp said:

Great review!

I really want to pick one up.  I have not been able to find one cheap enough to  make me bite yet.  I also have not found the RBA for it either.  From what I understand from the early reviews it doesn't include it.

The battery door sounds nice.  The screw on thing on the NEBOX sucks.  One of mine has great threads, the others are not so great.

I don't think the RBA has come  out yet  :(   I hope they come out with it soon.

CUPTI- Update day 2

I spent yesterday using the Cupti and the battery life was good. I'm still using the same juice and settings. It took the battery about 7 hours to get low vaping at a moderate pace.

One thing I found I'm NOT happy about is on the red Cupti is the tank is made of red glass and it doesn't allow you to view the juice level easily. I wasn't paying attention and let it get too low and POW a dry hit that knocked my socks off...I actually burned the coil I believe. WOW that was a wake up call. It was my fault for not paying attention but if you're distracted it can really get your attention quickly. It was weird, there seemed to be no noticeable change in vape quality right before it happened. I left the coil in to see if I damaged it and there's a slight burnt taste but not horrible. I want to get through another tank before I make up my mind to see if I wrecked it ... Though at this point I'm thinking that I'll probably change it out later today.

I started messing with the settings and it's a really simple system. after you turn it on (5 clicks) to get to TC you click 3 times and it takes you to TI 3 more clicks NI then 3 more clicks SS.etc. It's really easy to set your resistance and lock the settings and fire button too.

I think that down the road I'm going to get a clear tank just so it's easier to see the juice level because I'm easily distracted but beyond that it's still a great little mod.

Edited by Edna

Sometimes colored glass is just coated, usually its in the glass though. Next time you take it apart try using a little steel wool to remove the coating, maybe you can maybe you can't, but it might be worth a try. Did it come with a spare glass?

6 hours ago, Tam said:

Thanks for the update! Hope the coil is salvageable.  :) 

Thanks,I was hoping it was ok but  I changed it out when I realized I cooked it but good ....Like all new mods there's a learning curve and I'm learning ;)

3 hours ago, FXRich said:

Sometimes colored glass is just coated, usually its in the glass though. Next time you take it apart try using a little steel wool to remove the coating, maybe you can maybe you can't, but it might be worth a try. Did it come with a spare glass?

I haven't removed the tank but when I initially washed it I used a tooth brush and I think the glass is really red glass. No it didn't come with a spare but I'm sure FT will come out with one since they're the king of clones :)

Cupti update 10 days later...

I returned the Cupti to the shop where I got it.

At first it seemed like a good little mod. However after using it for the last 10 days I found it wasn't as good as I thought. The chip must have been bad or something. I was vaping about 27W and no matter if I turned it up or down it kept burning the coils within a day or day and a half. So I tried it in TC. it didn't make a difference.  At first I thought it was me but it wasn't I tried different juices and pg/vg ratio's. The coil heads were all 0.5 ohms and should have easily handled the wattage. I used clear and dark juices. I blew through 6 coils in the 10 days I had it. (admittedly the first coil was my fault) I tried everything I knew and it just didn't work.  From everything I've read on the web it doesn't seem like KangerTech is coming out with the CLRBA anytime soon, so that wasn't an option over the premade coil heads to see if they could make a difference.

Luckily my local shop took it no questions asked and restored my loyalty points and I'm going to wait until they have something that I really want to use them on.

Just a heads up to my experience with the Cupti...

If you're still considering one...It never leaked or anything. The positives I described above are all still true I might have just gotten a faulty unit.

Edited by Edna

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Cupti, I figured it would have the same chipset as the 75w Kbox, I use 2 of them in my daily rotation, and they work great for me. Maybe they use a poorly designed chipset, or maybe you got a bad one, I guess we will never know for sure. I don't think it was user error on your part, seems you got a bad one.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines