Cutting Juice W/O Cutting Flavor HELP

Edna

Hey All,

Before the deeming kicked in I wanted to be stocked up on my favorite ejuice so I bought 8 30ml bottles. I just put the juice into a limitless plus (clone) RDTA tank with a 0.3 ohm clapton build and the level of nicotine is killing me 2 pulls off it and I'm woozy. I've been making my juices between 3-4mg and I guess I can't handle the 6mg anymore (yay) However I have a ton of juice left and want to dilute it without loosing too much flavor.

It's 70vg 30pg with extra flavor in it so I'm thinking that if I took it down to 60/40 or  something close it would lower to nic to a vapeable level without too much flavor sacrifice.

Can anyone please give me a suggestion as to how I should do it

Thanks so much

6 minutes ago, Edna said:

Hey All,

Before the deeming kicked in I wanted to be stocked up on my favorite ejuice so I bought 8 30ml bottles. I just put the juice into a Limitless plus (clone) RDTA tank with a 0.3 ohm Clapton build and the level of nicotine is killing me 2 pulls off it and I'm woozy. I've been making my juices between 3-4mg and I guess I can't handle the 6mg anymore (yay) However I have a ton of juice left and want to dilute it without loosing too much flavor.

It's 70vg 30pg with extra flavor in it so I'm thinking that if I took it down to 60/40 or  something close it would lower to nic to a vapeable level without too much flavor sacrifice.

Can anyone please give me a suggestion as to how I should do it

Thanks so much

Hi @Edna,

Changing the PG/VG ratio isn't going to alter the nicotine content unless you use a base with 0 nicotine.  For store bought liquids, the easiest method I have found for cutting is to cut with the exact same flavor and ratio but with 0 nic.  For instance, if I had a 15ml bottle of 30PG/70VG liquid at 6mg nic, I would mix it with a 15ml bottle of 0 nic.  That effectively cuts your nic in half (down to 3mg in a 30ml bottle in this example) without sacrificing flavor or vapor production.

Edited by Adversarious1

@Edna

If you cut the juice to 50/50, you would be adding enough pure PG to maintain the flavor, and effectively cut the Nicotine.

To cut a 30/70 PG/VG mix to 50/50 (30ml bottle) you'd need to add 12mg of pure PG to give you 42ml of 50/50 mix.  The Nicotine level will be cut to 4.2mg (roughly).

Edited by Earthling789

2 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

Hi @Edna,

Changing the PG/VG ratio isn't going to alter the nicotine content unless you use a base with 0 nicotine.  For store bought liquids, the easiest method I have found for cutting is to cut with the exact same flavor and ratio but with 0 nic.  For instance, if I had a 15ml bottle of 30PG/70VG liquid at 6mg nic, I would mix it with a 15ml bottle of 0 nic.  That effectively cuts your nic in half (down to 3mg in a 30ml bottle in this example) without sacrificing flavor or vapor production.

@Adversarious1 Great suggestion thanks...That would be the easiest way to be sure :)

I wish I could but I can't get more juice right now however I do have plain PG and VG from DYI. So, I was hoping I could add in the plain and cut it down a bit ...

3 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

If you cut the juice to 50/50, you would be adding enough pure PG to maintain the flavor, and effectively cut the Nicotine.

To cut a 30/70 PG/VG mix to 50/50 (30ml bottle) you'd need to add 12mg of pure PG to give you 42ml of 50/50 mix.  The Nicotine level will be cut to 4.2mg (roughly).

@Earthling789 That's the ticket :animier:it's a bit more of a throat hit than I like but at least I wouldn't be wasting the juice ...I'll give it a go :) Thanks

7 minutes ago, Edna said:

@Adversarious1 Great suggestion thanks...That would be the easiest way to be sure :)

I wish I could but I can't get more juice right now however I do have plain PG and VG from DYI. So, I was hoping I could add in the plain and cut it down a bit ...

@Earthling789 That's the ticket :animier:it's a bit more of a throat hit than I like but at least I wouldn't be wasting the juice ...I'll give it a go :) Thanks

To clarify...

A 30ml bottle of 30/70 mixture is 9ml of PG and 21ml of VG (based on ratio).  To make 50/50, you need to raise the PG to equal the VG, thus adding 12ml to bring PG up to 21ml level (42ml total mixture).  Furthermore, the Nicotine will be diluted by nearly 1/3 because you are increasing the volume nearly 50%... simple math tell you how much Nicotine will be affected... 6 * 30 / 42 = 4.28571mg

It shouldn't increase TH too much, but adding PG will maintain the flavor (for the most part)... PG is the flavor carrier, so increasing the volume of PG should maintain the flavor fairly well.

@Earthling789

Thanks I knew there was a ratio but I've been having trouble with the juice-me-up calculator I downloaded. (It freezes) so I wanted to bounce it off y'all before I really messed it up ;)

Oh, The suggestions on my DYI cherry cordial worked perfectly and it's now in my daily rotation ...😁  Thank you

1 hour ago, Edna said:

Thanks I knew there was a ratio but I've been having trouble with the juice-me-up calculator I downloaded. (It freezes) so I wanted to bounce it off y'all before I really messed it up

Your program is not working well because it is a 32 bit program, and you probably have a 64 bit computer, I have a 64 bit computer, and had to change the compatibility to run it in win XP mode for it to work right.  

34 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Your program is not working well because it is a 32 bit program, and you probably have a 64 bit computer, I have a 64 bit computer, and had to change the compatibility to run it in win XP mode for it to work right.  

That would explain it thanks