Suggestions on a new, possible temp controlled mod and new tanks

spydre

I have never used Ni coils, I'm just repeating what I heard, some people like Ni, but I have heard as much bad about Ni as I have heard good. So far I haven't heard anything bad about SS, not yet that is.

Any and all information is helpful.  Have you heard anything about titanium coils?  Even though the other mods I looked at could operate on TC with titanium, I've only found one tank that I could find titanium coils on.  If I could have found the titanium coils for the triton or for other tanks, I may have gone with the a different mod, since the mods I was looking at, at first, didn't take stainless, and I wasn't thrilled about nickel.

16 minutes ago, FXRich said:

The trouble with SS is not many factory coils use it, but starting to become more common. I have heard that Triton coils use SS, but can't verify that. The biggest problem I see with Ni coils is they distort easy

I was wrong the Uwell Crown uses SS coils, not the triton. Too many mods and tanks to keep track of.

I looked it up the .3 and .4 triton coils are SS, but the 1.8 is Kanthal.

20 minutes ago, FXRich said:

The trouble with SS is not many factory coils use it, but starting to become more common. I have heard that Triton coils use SS, but can't verify that. The biggest problem I see with Ni coils is they distort easy

Consider it verified.  I have been using both the .3 and the .4 ohm SS Triton coils in my Triton V1 exclusively for a while now.  

FWIW, I've also moved away from Ni and Ti because of the advantage SS has with being able to be used in  either TC or power mode.

Right, I didn't even catch that.  And I did end up ordering a Crown 2 for one of my tanks.  Too bad you can't try tanks out like you can try devices and juices (if you pay $1).

My other objection to nickel was the very low resistance.  I wasn't ready to go down to a resistance of .2.  I'll stay up at .5 right now.

30 minutes ago, spydre said:

Any and all information is helpful.  Have you heard anything about titanium coils?  Even though the other mods I looked at could operate on TC with titanium, I've only found one tank that I could find titanium coils on.  If I could have found the titanium coils for the triton or for other tanks, I may have gone with the a different mod, since the mods I was looking at, at first, didn't take stainless, and I wasn't thrilled about nickel

I don't know anyone that uses Titanium wire for vaping, in my opinion it was a here today gone tomorrow thing. I do have some 28g and 26g titanium wire, tried it, and found SS works much better. I will probably get responses from people that use titanium wire, but that's ok.

3 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I don't know anyone that uses Titanium wire for vaping, in my opinion it was a here today gone tomorrow thing. I do have some 28g and 26g titanium wire, tried it, and found SS works much better. I will probably get responses from people that use titanium wire, but that's ok.

I went through a Ti phase.  I did like it, but quickly moved to SS.  I have now moved back to Kanthal, because the NEBOX  sucks at TC.  I may check out some of the newer SS Clapton coils.  I have been enjoying some of the best flavor I have had with my NEBOX using NiChrome/Kanthal Clapton coils.

14 minutes ago, spydre said:

Thanks, then I'll probably stick with ss.  There isn't a temperature range specifically for the stainless that I need to worry about, is there?

The temperature range depends on what you like, and the mod you use, also it depends on your juice, some juices like it hot others don't. You will find what is best for you. I could recommend you start at about 370f, and go up or down from there until you find what you like.

I THINK that's around what my SO started out at.  I could never tell, because I didn't really know how to use the IPV, and I didn't see anything on the menu about temperature, just joules, and that's a measurement of energy, not temperature.

Tina

It's all coming today....I'm really excited.  Still unsure how I'll handle the charging aspect, but I figure I'll start vaping on passthrough when it gets yellow....I wanna jump up and down.  I'll talk to Christopher about coils for the iSub v if I decide I like the tank.  That's going to be my 618 tank.  My main tank, Inferno, is going to be the Crown, because of the extra capacity and I go through a lot of it - I have a 6 - 7 ml tank in the Nautilus.

I got the Cool Fire IV TC, which comes with the iSub V tank, and then I got a Crown 2 tank.  And I'm dancing in my seat because it's going to be delivered today.  Shipping was weird on this one - it got the St. Louis sorting center Sunday night, but instead of being brought to Alton with the morning load, it wasn't brought to Alton until the afternoon yesterday.  If it had been brought to Alton in the morning load, I would have had it yesterday.  Weird.

It came today!!!  I'm so happy.  I love it.  I'm in love with it.  Except, probably not going to use the iSub, maybe.  Not sure yet.  My SO thinks no, but if I want to vape more than one juice, that's the only other TC I have - I borrowed my husband's Herakles + for a while when I was using his IPV, but the coil is burned and he's out of coils.  Only drawback is with the Crown 2, if I tip the mod quite a bit from vertical, or lay it down on it's side for any length of time, juice does leak out the air flow area.  I'm hoping if I close off the airflow when I have to put it in my purse, if it gets horizontal, that will take care of it.  I think my SO likes it, too, BTW.  The size of it.

BUT MY JUICE TASTES SO GOOD NOW!!!!!  It hasn't tasted this good in a long time.