Candy Bar

FXRich

I guess I'm the first post here.

I wanted to try a juice that tasted like a candy bar, I figured I would try a 10ml batch with equal amounts of chocolate, caramel, coconut, and vanilla custard, and adjust the amounts later. To my surprise it tasted really good to start with, after aging for a day.

5% Chocolate TFA (clear)

5% Caramel TFA

5% Coconut  FW

5% Vanilla Custard FW

The percentages can be adjusted to your taste, I used a 30PG/70VG ratio.

Oh yum :) I just got my flavor order in from TFA

I'm going to have to try this one (happy dance) :D

I found this one and I was going to try it too, but the coconut in your recipe makes it sound like a mounds bar and I love them

Candy Bar

All flavors are TFA

• 5% Peanut Butter

• 5% Marshmallow

• 5% Double Chocolate

• 3.5% Caramel

• 1-2% Sweetener

5 hours ago, Edna said:

I found this one and I was going to try it too, but the coconut in your recipe makes it sound like a mounds bar and I love them

I was thinking about adding a nut flavor instead of coconut, but the only nut flavor I have is hazelnut, and didn't want to try it at this time. So I went with coconut. Peanut butter would make it taste more like a snickers bar.

1 hour ago, cany said:

Ilove Hazelnut I  make a bottle all on its own then add a few drops to other mixes

I like to add a little hazelnut to coffee flavors, and on its own it is a good flavor.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:29 PM, FXRich said:

I like to add a little hazelnut to coffee flavors, and on its own it is a good flavor.

I tried a B&M coffee once wasnt a big fan of theirs I guess I should try my one someday

My first coffee mix was going through a coil every 2 tanks, but then I reduced the coffee flavor from 10% to 5% and now I get 3 tanks per coil.

Update on my Candy Bar mix, I reduced the coconut from 5% to 3% and raised the Chocolate from 5% to 7% I failed to fine tune it until yesterday when I thought it might have too much coconut and not enough chocolate.

You can never have too much chocolate :)

My batch is steeping right now I'll add in a couple of extra chocolate drops to balance it out.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Edna said:

You can never have too much chocolate :)

My batch is steeping right now I'll add in a couple of extra chocolate drops to balance it out.

It seems the coconut gets stronger after a week or so, its hard to predict what some flavors will do. I tried it the day after I mixed it and the coconut wasn't that strong, and the chocolate was, but after steeping for a week that got reversed.

I had about 60ml left of the original left, so I mixed up a 60ml batch with no coconut, and more chocolate, we will see how that turns out after I combined the two batches.

Edited by FXRich

18 hours ago, FXRich said:

Update on my Candy Bar mix, I reduced the coconut from 5% to 3% and raised the Chocolate from 5% to 7% I failed to fine tune it until yesterday when I thought it might have too much coconut and not enough chocolate.

I was about to chime-in after reading your mixture ratios... For most things I use coconut in, I limit it to 2-3% (and sometimes less) because it does get stronger after it steeps.  Adding more chocolate is always good, lol

If you like Reece Cups, Try a mix of 8% Dark Chocolate (or 10% Milk Chocolate), 8% Peanut Butter, and 2% Bavarian Cream!

28 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

I was about to chime-in after reading your mixture ratios... For most things I use coconut in, I limit it to 2-3% (and sometimes less) because it does get stronger after it steeps.  Adding more chocolate is always good, lol

If you like Reece Cups, Try a mix of 8% Dark Chocolate (or 10% Milk Chocolate), 8% Peanut Butter, and 2% Bavarian Cream!

That sounds good

4 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Oh That does sound good :) I just made a 10ml batch with 15% Double Chocolate 5% caramel and 3% Bavarian Cream Letting it get settled now.

My experiment with Double Chocolate and Black Cherry and sweet cream with a tiny bit of sweetner came out pretty good but I have to let it sit a bit longer.... I think it might need more chocolate because the cherry seems to be overtaking it.

Suggestions please

I want to make a Dark Chocolate Strawberry juice (that tastes like fresh strawberry, not candy) but I haven't found a recipe yet. I smelled the TFA strawberry and it smells sort of purfume-y  I hope it tastes better than it smells. Does letting it steep help?

52 minutes ago, Edna said:

My experiment with Double Chocolate and Black Cherry and sweet cream with a tiny bit of sweetener came out pretty good but I have to let it sit a bit longer.... I think it might need more chocolate because the cherry seems to be overtaking it.

Suggestions please

Black Cherry is pretty strong in mixes... it's another flavor that I try to keep under 3%, even as a flavor you want to taste.  For a background, 1% is usually pretty good.

There are several similarly strong flavors... lemon, banana, coconut... those come to mind at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Black Cherry is pretty strong in mixes... it's another flavor that I try to keep under 3%, even as a flavor you want to taste.  For a background, 1% is usually pretty good.

There are several similarly strong flavors... lemon, banana, coconut... those come to mind at the moment.

I tried a straight back cherry once YEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Never again

Thanks Guys!

I'll remember that one NO straight Black Cherry and keep it to low levels :) I think I did 5% maybe 3% next time. It still isn't that bad I'm hoping adding a bit more Chocolate will work 

If not lesson learned ...I'll just let it mellow for a long while. I have a ton of others juices to keep me busy.

On 7/21/2016 at 3:24 PM, Earthling789 said:

Any steep time on this

On 7/21/2016 at 3:24 PM, Earthling789 said:

Just whipped up 30ml :D:D