What sub forums would you like added

I was thinking maybe a recipe only section. I know there's a lot of DYI ejuice catagories but finding recipes means reading a lot of posts.(which I enjoy when I'm not pressed for time) but the search is time consuming.

But if I want a recipe for chocolate raspberry cake I'd have to dig around. instead of clicking a tab ....

I think there are so many nice DYIers that have yummy sounding juices that they might be willing to share.....?

I don't know... I'm somewhat new to all this but I really trust the people here versus some of the other forums that seem not so reputable or close knit....

Just an idea...

Thanks,

Edna

I agree with Edna, we probably could use a subforum just for DIY recipes. I know that everyone has different tastes, and what may taste good to one person may not taste good to someone else. I mostly use Flavor West flavoring, and they will differ from other flavor makers, which people have to consider when mixing flavors.

2 hours ago, FXRich said:

I agree with Edna, we probably could use a subforum just for DIY recipes. I know that everyone has different tastes, and what may taste good to one person may not taste good to someone else. I mostly use Flavor West flavoring, and they will differ from other flavor makers, which people have to consider when mixing flavors.

@FXRich Well what if it was something like this:

Mint (FW) 3%  = mint- flavor wizard 3%

Raspberry (TFA) 2%  = raspberry- the flavor apprentice 2%

That way everyone knows what flavoring company is used in the recipe and can adjust accordingly.

That is how most people list recipes, but the point I was trying to make is flavors vary between makers, 3%mint from FW might be different from 3%mint from TFA, flavor strength varies between different makers. A little adjustment may be necessary to get the same results, so if someone uses the same flavor from a different maker they may have to change the percentage a little. Its kind of a hit and miss thing. I have used recipes that call for a certain flavor maker that I didn't have so I substituted one that I have. I have usually had to adjust the percentage.

1 minute ago, FXRich said:

Thanks Chris, if it is a legal problem don't look at some of the posts from the past, that way you can claim you didn't know.

We actually have a really awesome lawyer and on forums, generally speaking we're liabless. It's a bit hard to explain but we've already had a few companies try to come after us (earlier on nothing recent) I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll get everything setup this evening so the DIY'ers can go to town :) 

8 hours ago, FXRich said:

Maybe if we only listed recipes with 0 nicotine it might help with legal issues.

Good idea...

Or say something like start with your favorite nicotine base and add.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FXRich said:

Lately there has been questions about temperature control, it might be a good idea to add a Temperature Control sub forum for questions about TC. just a thought.

Maybe also a forum on helpful youtube videos for people?

Just now, Edna said:

Maybe also a forum on helpful youtube videos for people?

That's mostly what the "Member Tutorials" is for: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/203-member-tutorials/:)

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

Lately there has been questions about temperature control, it might be a good idea to add a Temperature Control sub forum for questions about TC. just a thought.

hmm I wonder if we could wrap this in sort of a temp control/coil forum. We have the Rebuild able sub category buy perhaps we could make a wick & wire forum which sort of covers all coil builds (Otherwise teh forum might be a little empty for just temp control) thoughts? 

11 minutes ago, Christopher said:

hmm I wonder if we could wrap this in sort of a temp control/coil forum. We have the Rebuild able sub category buy perhaps we could make a wick & wire forum which sort of covers all coil builds (Otherwise teh forum might be a little empty for just temp control) thoughts? 

I'm in agreement with @FXRich.  I see a lot of posts related to both TC devices and TC coils.  I think a generalized TC subforum for folks to post questions about both devices and coils or to solicit advice is a good idea.

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

That's mostly what the "Member Tutorials" is for: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/203-member-tutorials/:)

I've seen non-member video's that people have found that were good and helpful in different threads maybe they can be moved to a central thread as a one stop shop type place?  Just a thought...

I think the entire Rebuildable Atomizer Systems sub forum needs an overhaul. It was created when it was just taking off. The issue is...sorting 6,000 posts lol (I'm going to do it, it needs done). I also think we need to add some moderators under the admins to take care of some of these areas and ensure topics are in their correct sub forums. (We need one for the newbie area too actually as half the Q&A don't have answers marked) 

Anyway I'm side tracking, how about this

The Rebuild-able Atomizer Systems sub forum will become a dummy parent forum (basically it will just display topics from all sub forums) Then we nest the following under it: 

Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

• RDA
  • RTA
  • Coil Builds
  • Wick and Wire
  • Sub ohm

Thoughts? and on that note, I assume we'll get a lot of picture in the coil builds sub forum, the forum gallery probably needs an overhaul too