Eleaf istick tc60w and battery questions

Theyetty

OK so I tried to Vape years ago and it didn't last,tried again this year due to my job banning tobacco everywhere on the premises, so I had to give in and get rid of the little ecig I had ,went to the local Vape shop,was completely lost ,went in and the smell was weird,like walking into a head shop for the first time,then a Vape enthusiast came towards me,I showed her what I was using and said ,its not working ,it doesn't cut it,she was blown away and said yeah you need something better,walked out with two kanger sticks,and two twenty dollar 30ml bottles of juice after being pushed and pushed to try strawberry ,TO THIS DAY I REFUSE STRAWBERRY ANYTHING .....lol anyways,they got me good,some intentional some the price you expect buying from a brick and morter place. After a week I just wasn't getting the hit I needed ,went back and after talking to the next worker ,he offered the eleaf istick tc60w kit,85 bucks,came with everything,even a cell,I had no clue ,actually im still learning ,what u was buying ,I just said I need bigger hits,after buying it and ANOTHER 20 DOLLAR bottle ,this time 6mg up from the recommended 3 -.- .......I enjoyed the hell out of it. For two weeks,maybe less until I found my self charging the crap out of it. Mind you I worked twelve hour shifts,so ....4 /10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch,it would just be dead by the time I was on last break ,then it was getting hot. When he sold it to me ,he litteraly flung some juice around ,squirted it in the coil,some there ,some here,threw it together and put it on 40w,which I now know is watts,and the coil was a 0.3 kanthal,then sent me on my way. Well that coil burnt to hell from there HOUSE MADE JUIXE FULL OF SWEETENERS,so I was left with apperantly the two other coils the kit came with ,titanium and nickel,I AM LOST,read the manually,even went back up there and asked questions ,and they stood there saying yeah resistance,yep,uh huh. Yep. So I did it myself and burnt my lungs and throat and threw the coil away   . in the process my melo 2 glass tube broke    so I got sold "a sick deal " a super tank,not mini but the big one. If your still reading this,I appreciate it. Because they didn't have replacement tubes . Now to the points. The cell it came with

1. He reached in a cardboard box grabbed a green battery labeled 18650 2500mAH 3.7v ,is this what I should be using ?Is the life normal ? Should it be getting this hot ? I use it at around 33 watts . is there a better battery I can get for longer life ?

2. In lamens terms,is it worth using titanium or nickel coils or are kanthal where its at ? What is the setting resistance all about .and what about the getting the coil to room temp before setting ?

3. Should I be using  different wattage levels for each 0.3 and 0.5 's?also what's the difference BESIDES RESISTANCE LEVELS LOL. 

4. Also,after the horrible nickel coil incident I now have no urge or desire to ever use nickel or titanium again honestly,is there a mod you would suggest that has a large tank,doesn't have the options for the other coils ,basically just a beast,simple ,strong,beastly,and long lasting . I definitely want to keep the wattage adjustment option though.

I am so sorry for the novel I really love vaping and when my stuff messes up I have a small panic attack lol,I actually want this instead of cigarettes now,so its important to me. Thank you all for your time ,peace .

The Eleaf iStick 40W TC is a good mod although I personally prefer the iStick 50W (no temperature control). The iStick 50W is just a good, simple wattage/voltage device with batteries enclosed so you just charge, no need to take batteries out or change them. It's also 4400 mAh so I only need to charge it every 4th day or so even with chain vaping.

If you want a tank that's pretty simple but is a workhorse, I would suggest going simple. One of the best out there is a Kanger Aerotank. You can get all kinds of different types of coils, I would go with a simple kanthal single coil at 1.8 ohms of resistance. Depending on the juice you use (PG/VG ratio), you'll only need to use around 4W - 9W. Always start low, vape, if it doesn't do it for you, turn up a little, vape. Repeat until you get a slightly harsh vape or a slight burnt taste. Back it down a bit and that should be your sweet spot for that juice/coil combination.

There are so many different choices out there right now that it's easy to feel overwhelmed, especially to someone new-ish to vaping. Keep asking questions. There are many here who are more than glad to help.  :) 

As far as the battery goes if you can pick up a LG HG2, its a long lasting battery at 3000mAh, and its a continuous draw 20A battery. Also the difference in coils makes a difference in battery life, a 0.5 coil will make your battery last longer than a 0.3 coil. Basically the higher the resistance the longer the battery life. Titanium and Nickel should be used in TC mode, and never in wattage mode. Another thing you could do is pick up a spare battery and a charger, and during lunch put a fresh battery in it. You did not mention what kind of tank you have, if possible get a tank that you can use a wide range of coils in, the way it sounds is you have some kind of subtank. I'm pretty sure you will get many suggestions on what kind of tank to buy so I'll leave that up to the other members.  

after rereading your post I did see that you have a Melo2 tank, I have no experience with that tank, maybe someone else here does.

Edited by FXRich

Welcome back to vaping! 

Im just going to leave some tips and advice. 

Rich is correct - the lower the ohm of your coil, the higher the wattage is required to fire that coil.  That leads to shorter battery life.  And that drops significantly fast below .5ohms.  It also leads to lots of heat so it's not unusual that your tank is getting hot.   I find vaping around .6 - .8 to be a happy medium, especially if you are in a situation where you can't easily swap out batteries. It's a good trade off between battery life and vapor production.

next is airflow. Airflow over the coil is key to good vapor production. The lower the resistance, the more airflow you need to get the vapor production.  So vaping below 1 ohm you'll likely be using wide open airflow on your tank.  Good airflow also reduces heat. Tanks differ and you may find yourself experimenting with different tanks to find the differences and what you prefer.  

Vaping at at lower resistance and higher wattages can really shorten coil life.  This is why many of us get in to building our own coils and rebuilding/rewicking.  Keeps the coil fresh and optimum vapor production and flavor.  Store bought pre made coils are pretty good these days but they don't last as long as your own builds.  Pre made coils also vary in performance so there is some experimenting there to find what you like.

juice - juices vary as well.  Some like lower wattages and some like higher.  Some burst with flavor and some are dull.  Not all juices are created equal. Dark sweet juices will wreck a coil faster than lighter juices. Airflow plays a part here as well. Low airflow tends to cook the juice on the coil reducing its life. Thinner juices tend to vape faster with lower vapor production while thicker juices can take more wattage and produce more vapor. 

Temperature control (nickel/Titanium etc) adds another level of complication best left alone for the new vaper.  Or have somebody who knows it well demonstrate it for you.  It requires proper settings and experimentation to set it up correctly and make it satisfying.  It is more significant to low ohm/high watt builds where "dry" hits are a problem (wick running dry). 

Hope that helps.  Feel free to ask questions.  Many here to help you.  :)