Where do I go from the Triton?

Kendra

I'm new to vaping about a month in. I did lots of research and was (still am) entirely overwhelmed with all the choices. I ended up ordering a halo Triton starter kit and haven't smoked a cigarette since! I smoked Newport's for 10+ years and really never planned on quitting. After working with cancer patients for the last 2 years I suddenly changed my mind and turned to vaping. 

Anyway, on to my question. Although I haven't smoked, and am not having Any cravings or issues with that, I want more! I don't know if anyone will know what I mean, because it's kind of hard to explain. I want more taste, but it's more than that. I feel like I have to pull so hard and long to get a half way satisfying hit. I don't feel this has anything to do with nicotine content or the juice itself. Would this issue be solved with a different device? If anyone can understand what I mean by "more" 😕 and help me out with some advice  I would greatly appreciate it! 

I should add as far as a new device, I would want to keep it simple. I was looking at the Tracer from halo but the sub ohm stuff throws me off and confuses me even more!

Edited by Kendra
Add info

Kanger subox mini is a nice setup. You dont have to subohm with it but you can if you want You can use 0.5 (subohm)  coils or 1.5 ohm coils and it comes with a RBA if you ever wanna try building your own coils. The subtank mini Is a really good tank nice clouds and real good flavor

+1 on the Kanger Subbox Mini kit.  Contains all you need except  an 18650 battery (and I suggest a Samsung 25R5 or LG HE2).

Aspire has many good kits a well, and you can always mix and match your battery (MOD) and tank combo to suit your own needs or preferences.  I would suggest the Subtank mini or AeroTank V2 from Kanger, and from Aspire, the TritonV2 (not the same as what you have), Triton Mini, or Nautilus for tanks.  As for battery (MOD), I would suggest a reliable box-mod like the Kanger 50W (that comes with the subbox kit), Wismec 40W or Eleaf iStick 50W.  The latter two have built-in batteries and won't require separate purchases of 18650 cells.

Personally, I'd highly recommend the Wismec 40W or the Eleaf iStick 50W because they come with the batteries inside, you don't have to buy separate batteries (plus no worries to get the right ones for safety reasons) and the separate battery charger. You just plug in the micro USB cord to an AC adapter into a wall socket and go.

My favorite that I use all day every day is the iStick 50W with an Aspire Triton 2 for a tank. For someone who is new, I'd suggest the Kanger Aerotank 2 for ease of use and inexpensive replacement coils.  :)

1 hour ago, Tam said:

Personally, I'd highly recommend the Wismec 40W or the Eleaf iStick 50W because they come with the batteries inside, you don't have to buy separate batteries (plus no worries to get the right ones for safety reasons) and the separate battery charger. You just plug in the micro USB cord to an AC adapter into a wall socket and go.

My favorite that I use all day every day is the iStick 50W with an Aspire Triton 2 for a tank. For someone who is new, I'd suggest the Kanger Aerotank 2 for ease of use and inexpensive replacement coils.  :)

Thank you! Yes, it's a lot for a newbie and I'm all about easy and safe!

Taking your suggestions and off to research! Thank you all! Your advice and guidance is much appreciated!

9!!!??😱 Lol.... do I need the 510 adapter? I see some kits include it, others don't. I'm sure eventually I will purchase it but just wondering if I need it initially. Getting ready to place my order now...then hope for extra speedy delivery! I can't wait!

1 minute ago, Tam said:

A 510 adapter comes with it.

OK thanks!

Ugghh I'm sorry, one last question. So it gives me the option to pick a tank. How long will one last? Basically I want to order everything I will need for the next month or two. I'm assuming I will need extra coils? And probably tanks if I'm switching up juices...what should my order list look like? Sorry for all the questions, I really do appreciate the advice. I probably should have gone into a store to get the run down, but my first and only experience in one was not pleasant!

11 hours ago, Kendra said:

OK thanks!

Ugghh I'm sorry, one last question. So it gives me the option to pick a tank. How long will one last? Basically I want to order everything I will need for the next month or two. I'm assuming I will need extra coils? And probably tanks if I'm switching up juices...what should my order list look like? Sorry for all the questions, I really do appreciate the advice. I probably should have gone into a store to get the run down, but my first and only experience in one was not pleasant!

If I were you I'd go with the Kanger Aerotank V2. Then, if you order that, I'd go with a 1.8 ohm coil and replacement coils for it.

Sub-ohm is nothing to fear. I started in December and have had nothing but sub-ohm devices.

I started out with the subvod kit, and a kbox mini, which is similar to what you've got and what your looking at. I had the desire for more as well.

Now let me correct myself. Between the subvod and kbox, I bought a fuchai and a triforce tank, that rig showed me what vaping could be, so when I got the kbox mini, I was fairly disappointed. Harder draw, less flavor, where as with the bigger setup and more power, I got far more flavor, could breathe thru the tank more or less which equates to more vapor.

But the kbox has adjustability over the subvod so that was a plus. I could squeeze slightly more flavor out of the kbox because I could run higher wattage.

That being said, it all depends on what you are looking for. After the upgrade you seem to be going with here, if you still want more, don't be scared to go bigger wattage or sub ohm. I'm a flavor chaser, clouds are cool, but I want excellent flavor more than anything.

When the day comes for the next upgrade, I can suggest the joytech cubiod mod, it's easy to use, 2 18650 batteries for plenty of power, and will run anyway you want to, be it temp control, power, or their simplistic smart mode. It will run just about any tank on the market.

As for tanks, I'm in love with the triforce, but there are the herakles (less airflow vs triforce) tfv4 (I fought coil life, 3 days was poor) but there are no shortage of options.

2 hours ago, hicksvilleshick said:

Sub-ohm is nothing to fear. I started in December and have had nothing but sub-ohm devices.

I started out with the subvod kit, and a kbox mini, which is similar to what you've got and what your looking at. I had the desire for more as well.

Now let me correct myself. Between the subvod and kbox, I bought a fuchai and a triforce tank, that rig showed me what vaping could be, so when I got the kbox mini, I was fairly disappointed. Harder draw, less flavor, where as with the bigger setup and more power, I got far more flavor, could breathe thru the tank more or less which equates to more vapor.

But the kbox has adjustability over the subvod so that was a plus. I could squeeze slightly more flavor out of the kbox because I could run higher wattage.

That being said, it all depends on what you are looking for. After the upgrade you seem to be going with here, if you still want more, don't be scared to go bigger wattage or sub ohm. I'm a flavor chaser, clouds are cool, but I want excellent flavor more than anything.

When the day comes for the next upgrade, I can suggest the joytech cubiod mod, it's easy to use, 2 18650 batteries for plenty of power, and will run anyway you want to, be it temp control, power, or their simplistic smart mode. It will run just about any tank on the market.

As for tanks, I'm in love with the triforce, but there are the herakles (less airflow vs triforce) tfv4 (I fought coil life, 3 days was poor) but there are no shortage of options.

Thank you for all the info. I'm thinking I will Get there eventually!

4 hours ago, Tam said:

If I were you I'd go with the Kanger Aerotank V2. Then, if you order that, I'd go with a 1.8 ohm coil and replacement coils for it.

OK, just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything important. Thank you!

Edited by Kendra

6 hours ago, cany said:

Tanks will last a long time  unless you drop it and break the glass they usually come with a replacement glass. Your gonna need coils for sure  What tank/tanks you looking at?

I've looked into all the suggestions given. Going to go with the  kanger aerotank V2 and still undecided on the 2nd one. I've seen a lot of good things and the subtank mini, but I thought I read somewhere that wasn't a good choice for a newbie? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong one?

Edited by Kendra

I currently use 6 subtank minis and 3 subtank nanos, also I use a KPT2, all with different flavors in them. The subtank mini is a good choice for a newbie because of its versatility and the wide range of coils available. My personal choice for a Subtank mini coil is the RBA or the 1.2 ohm horizontal coil. I know lots of newbies that started with a Subtank Mini kit and were completely happy with them.